Votes: 342 45.1%
  • Mitch Marner

Votes: 416 54.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TkachukNorris79

Jan 27, 2018
i guess it's a question of potential. can brady get to his brothers level.
As a sens fan, I'm pretty confident that Brady will never match Matthew's level of offensive production... Or Marner's for that matter... He should improve on his 83 points a bit but honestly, if he topped out at 90 points and Marner at 110... I'm taking Brady. Marner only outscored him by 16 points this year.

That extra production over a 7 game span ends up being what, one more assist in a 7 game series?

Again I know that Brady hasn't played a playoff game, but it's hard to watch him play and not expect him to be a playoff monster once he gets his shot. Watch that mini-series vs Detroit. No one wanted any of that. People hate the intangibles argument, but he just brings so much more to the table other than points and those intangibles are typically worth a bit more come playoff time.

Marner is an elite playmaker, and very solid overall, but his high point totals doesn't change the fact that he is a perimeter player. Brady is the guy who goes to the dirty areas and will stand up to anyone, and likely dominate them physically. All while still putting up a point per game.

Give me that guy in a 7 game series.

When you factor in contracts, this is a pretty clear decision. Brady's AAV over the next 5 years will be $8.2M or $41M total. Marner will be 2 years at 10.9M and then the next 3 at least $12M. So $58M. $17M in cap space spread over 5 seasons is like $3.5M more per season... Marner isn't good enough to justify that gap.

Reactions: SNES

kranuck

Mar 11, 2023
As a sens fan, I'm pretty confident that Brady will never match Matthew's level of offensive production... Or Marner's for that matter... He should improve on his 83 points a bit but honestly, if he topped out at 90 points and Marner at 110... I'm taking Brady. Marner only outscored him by 16 points this year.

That extra production over a 7 game span ends up being what, one more assist in a 7 game series?

Again I know that Brady hasn't played a playoff game, but it's hard to watch him play and not expect him to be a playoff monster once he gets his shot. Watch that mini-series vs Detroit. No one wanted any of that. People hate the intangibles argument, but he just brings so much more to the table other than points and those intangibles are typically worth a bit more come playoff time.

Marner is an elite playmaker, and very solid overall, but his high point totals doesn't change the fact that he is a perimeter player. Brady is the guy who goes to the dirty areas and will stand up to anyone, and likely dominate them physically. All while still putting up a point per game.

Give me that guy in a 7 game series.

When you factor in contracts, this is a pretty clear decision. Brady's AAV over the next 5 years will be $8.2M or $41M total. Marner will be 2 years at 10.9M and then the next 3 at least $12M. So $58M. $17M in cap space spread over 5 seasons is like $3.5M more per season... Marner isn't good enough to justify that gap.
People hate the intangibles argument for good reason. It’s vullshit.

Brady is overrated as hell.

• Haha
Reactions: SpezDispenser

TkachukNorris79

Jan 27, 2018
People hate the intangibles argument for good reason. It’s vullshit.

Brady is overrated as hell.
Its vullshit until you watch the playoffs and notice how different it is relative to the regular season.

Please find me examples of power forwards who hit more than a point per game by the age 23 and that is probably the only argument I will need to prove he's not overrated.

Question - who would you take between Marner and Matthew Tkachuk? And why?

kranuck

Mar 11, 2023
Sounds like you hate the intangibles arguments, most don’t. Overrated lol, best power forward in the League.
And yet he’s still overrated.

Never played in the playoffs and idiots still try to use it as an argument in his favor because “intangibles”. Intangibles is what you say when you don’t really have any argument for your absurd overrating of a player.

Its vullshit until you watch the playoffs and notice how different it is relative to the regular season.

Please find me examples of power forwards who hit more than a point per game by the age 23 and that is probably the only argument I will need to prove he's not overrated.

Question - who would you take between Marner and Matthew Tkachuk? And why?
He’s not a playoff performer until he performs in the playoffs. That simple.

Since you don’t seem to grasp that, you overrate him.

• Haha
Reactions: Golden_Jet

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005

Never played in the playoffs and idiots still try to use it as an argument in his favor because “intangibles”. Intangibles is what you say when you don’t really have any argument for your absurd overrating of a player.
Look someone hasn’t heard of the word rebuild, probably best to worry about your soft team first.

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017

He’s not a playoff performer until he performs in the playoffs. That simple.

Since you don’t seem to grasp that, you overrate him.

Amusingly, I think B. Tkachuk's lack of playoff experience is a plus for him in this particular poll. I'll take the guy who plays like a horse and is a total unknown in the playoffs over a guy who plays in a tutu and is known for shriveling up when the intensity heightens.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
My team gonna make the conference finals tonight. In their second year.
Lol your team the nucks is out. You’re in PGT all the time. Lots of “we” posts on your nucks history.
Then ones like this a month ago
As a Canucks fan I hope his statement is “stop whining before another riot breaks out”.
Lots of discussion on Petey and Hughes , the coaches etc.

kranuck

Mar 11, 2023
Lol your team the nucks is out. You’re in PGT all the time. Lots of “we” posts on your nucks history.
Then ones like this a month ago
As a Canucks fan I hope his statement is “stop whining before another riot breaks out”.
Lots of discussion on Petey and Hughes , the coaches etc.
My teams are the Canucks and kraken.

The kraken are doing very well.

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Too late to say I was wrong ? I've made countless "playoff performer" jokes about Brady but real shit, I'd trade Marner for him in a heartbeat right now. A big physical elite power forward. He, scores, hits, fights, is mean and not afraid to get in your face.

My apologies for my earlier comments Sens fans. While Marner is the more skilled player, the gap in terms of physicality/nastiness/grit whatever you wanna call it is absolutely massive.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Too late to say I was wrong ? I've made countless "playoff performer" jokes about Brady but real shit, I'd trade Marner for him in a heartbeat right now. A big physical elite power forward. He, scores, hits, fights, is mean and not afraid to get in your face.

My apologies for my earlier comments Sens fans. While Marner is the more skilled player, the gap in terms of physicality/nastiness/grit whatever you wanna call it is absolutely massive.
If serious, respect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad