• Mitch Marner

Votes: 416 54.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Just countering your terrible defensively take, that’s foolish.
Stutzle being poor defensively is something non leaf fans discuss as well if your thinking I am biased and hating on him

Marner is a top 5 winger in the league since 2018-2019 (Kuch, Rantanen, Pasta, Panarin)

Stutzle will need to improve to reach that level)

Masked

(Super/star)
Apr 16, 2017
Parts unknown
Your talking about stutzle right?

His D+3 for sure is better but way better is a bit misleading

Marner had 69 pts in 2018 in a league with 108 pt as the highest scorer

Stutzle had 90 i think with the league leader (same generational guy lol) at 153 pts

Marner was 38th in league scoring that season while Timmy was 17th this season. That's a big difference.

Assen na yo!

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Stutzle being poor defensively is something non leaf fans discuss as well if your thinking I am biased and hating on him

Marner is a top 5 winger in the league since 2018-2019 (Kuch, Rantanen, Pasta, Panarin)

Stutzle will need to improve to reach that level)
Stutzle is a center.

Reactions: OKR

Joe n

Aug 12, 2019
There is nothing misleading about it Stutzle, had 39 goals and 90 points in 78 games while Marner had 69 in 82. Even with the GPG conversion he blew Marner away.

Secondly you have have absolutely no clue what you are talking about in regards to the defensive play of Stutzle. Stutzle's compete level is way harder and plays the more important position. At the same age he is a much better player than Marner. He is more explosive and has more upside. Yes he has to continue to progress but if you are actually watching him you know he isnt done.

I saw your posts before the series against the Lightning your expectations were for an easy series win for Toronto. They can clearly win the series especially with Tampas Injuries on defense. But you clearly cant be objective when the leafs are involved.

Marner had a bunch of secondary assists and some brutal turnovers that put them behind early. But this is still probably one of his best post season games he has ever had. I still think the leafs find a way to win this series tampa is so banged up. However it was a pathetic game 1 performance by the leafs big dogs.
It's amazing how the rules change depending which team's player is involved in these polls. For years in polls with Matthews involved comparing players at the same age is not a good argument. Go back and check the poll against MacKinnon.

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
It's amazing how the rules change depending which team's player is involved in these polls. For years in polls with Matthews involved comparing players at the same age is not a good argument. Go back and check the poll against MacKinnon.

Are you saying that different posters can have different ways of looking at things? Maybe even that a random Avalanche fan you argued with years ago may not use the same arguments as bert?

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
I mean it's not like that wasn't a relevant point even then. And I think the season Matthews put up last year shows why people thought he had potential to meet / exceed MacKinnon.

People who were downplaying age in those Matthews threads probably had a horse in the race.

Stutzle is pretty clearly ahead of where Marner was at the same age. Heck, you could argue he's already the better player considering his position and goal scoring ability. I mean, Stutzle only had 1 less primary point in 2 less games this year playing on an inferior team.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Your talking about stutzle right?

His D+3 for sure is better but way better is a bit misleading

Marner had 69 pts in 2018 in a league with 108 pt as the highest scorer

Stutzle had 90 i think with the league leader (same generational guy lol) at 153 pts

Marner his D+4 was 94 pts and 11th in pts and a top 15 producer. Will see if Stutzle is at that level and beyond moving forward

Stutzle is also a terribke defensive player. He will need to clean up on that when it comes the Sens time to be the choking team of Ontario

That's quite the bad take. You're lucky there's no dislike function

Mar 12, 2009
lol 33 pages...once again all Sens fans had to look forward too this year is the Leafs losing in the playoffs. Congrats boys.

The Professional

Sens Army Special Operations Command
Dec 4, 2005
Aylmer, Québec
lol 33 pages...once again all Sens fans had to look forward too this year is the Leafs losing in the playoffs. Congrats boys.
I just find it hilarious how leafs fans are all proclaiming golden boy Marner as the best thing since sliced bread ITT and arrogantly suggesting there is no valid debate and that no one would pick Brady over Marner for their team, he's on another level, AINEC and all that BS, and yet Marner just keeps folding like a lawn chair when it matters in the playoffs.

3 pts, -2 in 5 GP in the 2nd round. Goose egg last night in an elimination game at home. Gets bitch slapped by Matthew.

A lot of GMs would pick Brady over Marner to lead their team.

Last edited:
Mar 12, 2009
I just find it hilarious how leafs fans are all proclaiming golden boy Marner as the best thing since sliced bread ITT and arrogantly suggesting there is no valid debate and that no one would pick Brady over Marner for their team, he's on another level, AINEC and all that BS, and yet Marner just keeps folding like a lawn chair when it matters in the playoffs.

3 pts, -2 in 5 GP in the 2nd round. Goose egg last night in an elimination game at home. Gets bitch slapped by Matthew.

A lot of GMs would pick Brady over Marner to lead their team.
A lot of projection; it's been Sen's fans claiming how great of a playoff guy Brady is and getting offended and whining about "arrogance" when it's pointed out Brady hasn't played in the playoffs. Congrats on your owner dying though, that's the biggest W you guys have had to celebrate in the last decade outside of Leafs choke jobs.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Congrats on your owner dying though, that's the biggest W you guys have had to celebrate in the last decade outside of Leafs choke jobs.

There was making it to Game 7 double OT against the Penguins in the Eastern Conference Finals in 2017.

That’s as far as Doug Gilmour or Mats Sundin made it with Toronto and they are still heroes for some reason.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
A lot of projection; it's been Sen's fans claiming how great of a playoff guy Brady is and getting offended and whining about "arrogance" when it's pointed out Brady hasn't played in the playoffs. Congrats on your owner dying though, that's the biggest W you guys have had to celebrate in the last decade outside of Leafs choke jobs.
Lol forgot about losing in double OT in game 7 to go to cup finals, in your decade declaration.

Mar 12, 2009
There was making it to Game 7 double OT against the Penguins in the Eastern Conference Finals in 2017.

That’s as far as Doug Gilmour or Mats Sundin made it with Toronto and they are still heroes for some reason.
I guess the same reason Sens fans bring up that and the finals loss well before that still when people talk about their lack of playoff appearances and rave about Alfie (in the same span Sens fans constantly chirp about Leaf's round 1 exits).

Last edited:
Mar 12, 2009
Lol forgot about losing in double OT in game 7 to go to cup finals, in your decade declaration.
You guys are as hung up celebrating your semi finals loss as Leaf fans of two different age brackets are about the early 90s and late 90s/early 00's Leafs lol. I don't even argue the Leafs aren't pathetic! I'm simply saying the team you are a fan of and it's fans aren't exactly better in most regards, just fewer of you.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I guess the same reason Sens fans bring up that and the finals loss well before that still when people talk about their lack of playoff appearances and rave about Alfie (in the same span Sens fans constantly chirp about Leaf's round 1 exits).

Hopefully you’ll get a chance to see your team in the Finals.

It’s a fun time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad