Player Discussion Brady Tkachuk: Episode 4 - A new hope

Status
Not open for further replies.

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
He brings that synergy. Always smiling, always working hard, he's just happy to be here and I don't think he realizes yet how good he is.

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
For some reason I think we needed this guy

Man I would be so damn pissed right now if we missed out on getting the chance to draft a franchise forward, like Brady is turning out to be.

His smile and enthusiasm is infecting everyone on the bench, and even the fans watching the game on TV.

He brings so much to the team, you could really make a case for his coming out as being the official dawn of a new era here (Chabot kinda has a part in that too).

Seriously though, kudos to Pierre Dorion for making two very unobvious decisions in keeping the pick, and taking Tkachuk over Zadina. The guy can be a tool, but hes clearly still a very very good evaluator of young players.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Man I would be so damn pissed right now if we missed out on getting the chance to draft a franchise forward, like Brady is turning out to be.

His smile and enthusiasm is infecting everyone on the bench, and even the fans watching the game on TV.

He brings so much to the team, you could really make a case for his coming out as being the official dawn of a new era here (Chabot kinda has a part in that too).

Seriously though, kudos to Pierre Dorion for making two very unobvious decisions in keeping the pick, and taking Tkachuk over Zadina. The guy can be a tool, but hes clearly still a very very good evaluator of young players.

Tkachuk over Zadina was a no brainer

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018

He's looking great but i wouldnt use the term franchise forward with Brady Tkachuk.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I dunno man, pretty sure it wasn't for most people (I could be wrong, but I will admit that I was on the losing side of that one).
There was a few players I wanted ahead of Zadina. I definitely wanted Tkachuk at 4 but I really liked Dobson as well. I am glad Montreal didn't take Tkachuk

Reactions: aragorn

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
He's looking great but i wouldnt use the term franchise forward with Brady Tkachuk.

The term is a bit subjective I guess.

I say franchise forward from a sense of being the face of the forwards both on and off the ice. Beyond providing a huge impact from a production and leadership standpoint, Im also looking at his marketability. His energy and smile are infectious.

I also think Brady will be an absolute monster in the playoffs eventually; an even more ramped up version of his current self. And I do believe that he could eventually be the best/mvp forward on a contending team during a deep run.

And so with all of those things considered, Im good with saying he could be our new franchise forward.

Spezza was the last franchise forward that we had, and Stone has been the defacto one lately. But I still see Brady as being the guy on the Sens that the cameras/reporters/spotlight will inevitably always be following.

Hes just a magnetic guy and as long as he keeps producing and playing the way he does, he's going to be one of the most popular players in the league imo.

Reactions: Nac Mac Feegle

thinkwild

Veni Vidi Toga
Jul 29, 2003
Ottawa
Cult-of-Chucky-movie-October-2017.jpg

Reactions: Do Make Say Think

Que

What?
Feb 12, 2017
Mind Prison
Can we have two more please? The Senators are a completely different team when he’s on the lineup.

He looks like a manchild out there (in the good way, not the Greg Oden way). This is only the beginning of great things.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
I agree...the beginning of things....I think we could bring up 3 from the A and be better but we may as well let those guys ripen a bit

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
11th in the NHL this morning for Points per game played

Should be solid at 25 yo

Mark Effin Stone

I miss Kuba
May 10, 2010
Stockholm
I love this guy, kinda looks like bambi out there sometimes trying to stay on his feet but ability and that funny grin on him at all times.

Also the faces he does on the bench makes me wish for a 24/7 Brady cam in the corner of screen.

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
11th in the NHL this morning for Points per game played

Should be solid at 25 yo

He literally has the frame to add 20-30 lbs. Probably 80% of guys in the league who are his height have 15 or more pounds on him.

It's exciting because his flaws will become strengths while his strengths will only be sharpened.

czechcanadian

Dec 8, 2011
Ottawa
Tkachuk over Zadina was a no brainer
id say its way way too early to say that... I really like Tkachuk and what he brings to the table. But he still has a lot of developing to do so I think a couple years from now we can know a lot more.

I will agree that Tkachuk might have been better for Ottawa though. At least for this year.
Zadina will be dynamite soon though. And I think some of us will wish we had him.
Anyways, time will tell.

RyCam

Nov 3, 2016
Brady Tkachuk has been awesome so far, he's definitely looking like a win as far as Dorion and the scouting crew is concerned.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
We won't have to wait till he's 25 at 22/23 this kid is going to be a beast. I love his will to compete. He wants it and he will get it.

It really can't be stated enough the advantage he has by being raised in an NHL family. I saw some behind the scenes stuff and the Tkachuks are 100% committed to nutrition and training and have the facilities available for it. Obviously now that's he's moved here he'll have to do a lot on his own but he's already got a leg up on so many other young players.

Reactions: Cosmix

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
I will agree that Tkachuk might have been better for Ottawa though. At least for this year.
Zadina will be dynamite soon though. And I think some of us will wish we had him.
Anyways, time will tell.

I think this is fair in any draft but by the way some people were reacting you would have thought BT was a bum 4th liner that the Senators picked out of the blue.

Its also fair to say he is producing more than anyone could have hoped but more than anything he is just legitimizing being a top pick.

In a few years we can look at ranking the top 5 or 10 but you wont be able to say the Senatora made a mistake by how BT is trending.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad