NFL: Brady suspension reinstated

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
He offered to, but Wells said he didn't need to. And its good thing Brady didn't, with all the NFL hacks and leaks and everything. Can't blame him for destroying the phone. Gotta protect yourself. For all the people crying about Brady appealing, did you cry when the NFL appealed Berman's decision to reverse Brady's suspension? This is bigger than Brady and Goodell, its not about ball deflation, at this point is about labor relations. I think less than 2% of requests are actually heard, so I don't think they will take this on. Maybe he can get the SCOTUS to grant him a stay of suspension and he won't serve it until next year.

From a football point of view, it would probably be better for the Patriots if Tom were to serve the 4 games this year.

1) We get to see what we have in Jimmy G.
2) Three of the first four games are at home.

Sturm

Jun 25, 2015
Virginia
From a football point of view, it would probably be better for the Patriots if Tom were to serve the 4 games this year.

1) We get to see what we have in Jimmy G.
2) Three of the first four games are at home.

With only 16 games, everyone counts a lot. Jimmy G being back there vs. Brady could be the difference between a first round bye and no bye. But, you are correct, it is a good time for Brady to be out, if any. Probably losing in Arizona even with Brady. Pats will win 2/3 against Buffalo, Miami, Houston. 2-2 won't kill the Pats.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
With only 16 games, everyone counts a lot. Jimmy G being back there vs. Brady could be the difference between a first round bye and no bye. But, you are correct, it is a good time for Brady to be out, if any. Probably losing in Arizona even with Brady. Pats will win 2/3 against Buffalo, Miami, Houston. 2-2 won't kill the Pats.

2-2 won't kill the Pats and angry/rested/motivated Brady could go 12-0 ;)

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Like the justice system, the NFL has a standard of evidence and burden of proof.

The NFL met their burden of proof for Brady, like it or not.

"More probable than not" without any actual evidence =/= burden of proof, got it.

I know your joking, but I Honestly wouldn't mind if he did that. I'd understand why at least. Leave Goodells legacy as the wife beater supporting, concussion denying assclown who unjustly ran one of the best players of all time out of the game. Not that Rog cares.

Be hilarious if they won this year and he just said post-game 'WHAT NOW ROG???!!! WHERES YA NEXT INVESTIGATION AT???!!!"

Again, much of the blame for that falls back on the NFLPA. They agreed to it knowing full-well Goodell would have all that power. Goodell is a crap commissioner, but I really don't view the NFLPA as a sympathetic figure in this at all.

I don't think they ever could have or did envision him abusing it to this extent and moving the goal posts 100 times. They certainly learned their lesson.

He offered to, but Wells said he didn't need to. And its good thing Brady didn't, with all the NFL hacks and leaks and everything. Can't blame him for destroying the phone. Gotta protect yourself. For all the people crying about Brady appealing, did you cry when the NFL appealed Berman's decision to reverse Brady's suspension? This is bigger than Brady and Goodell, its not about ball deflation, at this point is about labor relations. I think less than 2% of requests are actually heard, so I don't think they will take this on. Maybe he can get the SCOTUS to grant him a stay of suspension and he won't serve it until next year.

What I've been saying. He has a higher profile than pretty much any other NFL players and also has a celebrity wife so there is nothing wrong with destroying his phone. Lord Knows what is on there and in this day and age, anything can be hacked.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
I doubt the Supreme Court takes it up, but I wouldn't complain if they did. Too many of the casual public incorrectly think this whole dispute is about deflated footballs, when in actuality it's about the power of employers in a collectively bargained labor environment and the standards expected of arbitrators (partial or impartial).

Another way to look at it: so far four different federal judges have handled the case. Two sided with the PA and two with the NFL.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Well it's officially over.

Wild ride. I will bide my time until it all comes crashing down around Rog.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
If Tom is willing to concede then the Union should follow suit. They were well aware of the power given to Goddell when they signed the cba. Challenging his authority now is futile.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
If Tom is willing to concede then the Union should follow suit. They were well aware of the power given to Goddell when they signed the cba. Challenging his authority now is futile.

The other side of that is ownership gave Goddell that power and it sounds as if Rog alienated his good friend Kraft in the process.

During the CBA the league had the good strategy to keep the players occupied bargaining against an 18 game season.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
The other side of that is ownership gave Goddell that power and it sounds as if Rog alienated his good friend Kraft in the process.

During the CBA the league had the good strategy to keep the players occupied bargaining against an 18 game season.
You're saying the league behaves in the same manner our media does? ;)

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
With this finally over, I'd hate to be a fan of any other team in the AFC East. Gonna be tough to walk around in January when the Pats win the division again after giving them all a 4 game head start. :laugh:

Knowing Belichick, it wouldn't shock me to see them start 3-1. He was able to squeeze out 11 wins with Matt Cassell, so 3 wins with Garappolo doesn't sound far fetched to me.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
With this finally over, I'd hate to be a fan of any other team in the AFC East. Gonna be tough to walk around in January when the Pats win the division again after giving them all a 4 game head start. :laugh:

Knowing Belichick, it wouldn't shock me to see them start 3-1. He was able to squeeze out 11 wins with Matt Cassell, so 3 wins with Garappolo doesn't sound far fetched to me.

Cassel had the 2007 team quasi intact and a cakewalk schedule though. With Brady that team would legitimately have had a chance at another 16-0 season.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Cassel had the 2007 team quasi intact and a cakewalk schedule though. With Brady that team would legitimately have had a chance at another 16-0 season.

"They went 11-5 with Cassel!" Was mantra of the Branch Joshians defending McDaniels as a genius in Denver, but it did represent a 5 game drop.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad