Brad Richardson signed with Canucks? (yes)

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
I understand why Richardson wanted ice time, but oftentimes there was a reason for not getting it. That reason more often than not was poor defensive coverage. He knows, and we know that the organization values that most of all. I'm pretty sure it didn't feel good for him that the Kings seemed to not make an attempt to bring him back (nor should they have). So I don't have a problem with what he said.

kingsfan

President of the Todd McLellan fan club by default
Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada
Sutter mismanaged the line up?

Sutter wants to play the role of saviour?

Someone needs to google who Darryl Sutter is, because a cup and two WCF berths in a level of mismanagement most other teams drool over, and he is anything but a bleeding heart.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Sutter mismanaged the line up?

Sutter wants to play the role of saviour?

Someone needs to google who Darryl Sutter is, because a cup and two WCF berths in a level of mismanagement most other teams drool over, and he is anything but a bleeding heart.

People seem to forget how horrible Richardson was defensively, which is one of the main reasons why Sutter couldn't trust Richardson with many responsibilities. Remember how during the 2011 playoffs, the line of Richardson with Simmonds and Lewis was producing some points, but they were getting slaughtered defensively and were giving up just as many goals as a line, and one of the reasons for that was Richardson and his soft play. He can be a decent agitator with limited ice time, but to say that he never got a chance is ridiculous and goes to show you what little some people know about this sport. Anyone who thinks Richardson wasn't given a fair shake and deserved more simply cannot be taken seriously.

etherialone

dialed in your mom
Mar 6, 2008
The Ether
People seem to forget how horrible Richardson was defensively, which is one of the main reasons why Sutter couldn't trust Richardson with many responsibilities. Remember how during the 2011 playoffs, the line of Richardson with Simmonds and Lewis was producing some points, but they were getting slaughtered defensively and were giving up just as many goals as a line, and one of the reasons for that was Richardson and his soft play. He can be a decent agitator with limited ice time, but to say that he never got a chance is ridiculous and goes to show you what little some people know about this sport. Anyone who thinks Richardson wasn't given a fair shake and deserved more simply cannot be taken seriously.

I agree completely.

To me BR was just a meh player. Most teams have guys like him around and if the Canucks needed a spot filler then BR will be alright.

kingsfan

President of the Todd McLellan fan club by default
Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada

Exactly.

Richardson was dead weight that I still don't understand why we kept. I still believe keeping him around to eat popcorn and waiving Hickey was a mistake. Would have been nice to have Hickey instead of LOLerby.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad