Brad Richardson signed with Canucks? (yes)

BigBrown

Fly at eleven.
Feb 2, 2010
Sweden
Good for him. Had some pretty good years with the Kings and even in his off years he was a decent 13th forward. So long, and thanks for all the fish.

Omni Owl

No fun, only 1-3-1
Mar 9, 2008
I'll never forget the Clifford-Richardson-Simmonds line when we made the playoffs right after Kopi went down with that ****** knee injury. That was a beastly line.

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
"To be honest I was super-frustrated," he told a media conference call. "It was really tough. They didn't give me a whole lot of feedback on why I wasn't playing either which was tough.

Maybe because we had better players?

Ron*

From LA Kings twitter feed:

BOck1WRCcAAbngi.jpg:large

kingsfan

President of the Todd McLellan fan club by default
Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada

Yeah pretty much. I mean if you're better than others in the line up, 98% of the time you'll be playing. Richardson was a jack of few trades IMO. I don't get how he gets targeted on the first day by Vancouver and gets $1.15 million a year at that.

He's a good depth guy for sure, but not at that price tag.

KingKopitar11*

Well he did have a point, can't blame him for his comments. Everyone likes ice time. No one likes to be singled out.

I'm happy for him.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown

He probably needs to learn what his role in this league is, which is funny considering he's been an in-and-out type player since he broke in with the Avs. He's noticeable some nights, invisible in most.

He's always hovered between 10-13 mins of ice time and is just a utility guy who can be plugged into the lineup but can't have many responsibilities placed on his shoulders. The league is full of guys like this. Saw it in the past with the likes of Brad Chartrand and Craig Johnson.

He really shouldn't expect any bigger role on any NHL club, unless we're talking about a team that is severely depleted of any depth.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
I don't know like the little shot he took, a bit childish, but I do kind of understand his frustration. I would be frustrated too if I had to watch from the press box while King, Clifford, Fraser and Nolan contributed very little to the team and kept playing, and in some cases moving up to higher lines.

I always liked Richardson as a 4th line energy player, and wish him luck with Canucks.

kingsfan

President of the Todd McLellan fan club by default
Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada
I don't know like the little shot he took, a bit childish, but I do kind of understand his frustration. I would be frustrated too if I had to watch from the press box while King, Clifford, Fraser and Nolan contributed very little to the team and kept playing, and in some cases moving up to higher lines.

I always liked Richardson as a 4th line energy player, and wish him luck with Canucks.

Perhaps.

On the flip side, we were winning without him, so the lines were working. Hard to say two straight Western Conference finals appearances don't validate Sutter's line up selection, and the lack of Richardson in it.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Kyle Clifford in 48 games scored 14 points , Richardson over the last two seasons 75 games, has scored 14 points.

Clifford was not even that bad this season. There was a reason Brad was out of the lineup.

Can we stop exaggerating how bad some players were this season, they were not even that bad.

Despite the short season, and no training camp, most of the Kings roster was productive.

A second trip to the WCF proves that, unless some of you people would like to go back to the days of missing playoff's or first round exits

Last edited:

ean

Nov 27, 2007
Richardson was a player who had some nice skill and speed but just wasn't effective. Have to hand it to him though he always put in the effort, even after being out of the lineup. I dont consider his words "taking a shot" as long hes telling the truth.

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
I thought Richardson was probably the best energy player on the team, next to maybe Nolan last year. He was pretty effective for a fourth liner, we just didn't have a spot for him, so I can understand his frustration. His production and performance was actually above average for a fourth liner given the number of games he was given. He's also shown up at pretty clutch times in the playoffs in the past.

HolyShot*

No. Kings mismanaged their roster and let extra players float in and out of playing. DS and DL should have cut the extra fat and gone with 13 forwards and 8 defenseman. DLs playing the saviour role and trying to heal careers by taking on projects. This is a business and if you have to cut a guy and get someone better then you do it. Richardson is one of our best 4th liners. *was

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
Hindsight is 20/20, but it's hard to argue against a Stanley Cup and a WCF appearance in his first two seasons.

Ron*

Hindsight is 20/20, but it's hard to argue against a Stanley Cup and a WCF appearance in his first two seasons.

I'll go you one better. Anyone who is disappointed with Sutter needs to have their head examined.

A Stanley Cup and a WCF in his first two seasons? I challenge anyone to tell me when the Kings have been that successful two seasons in a row for the entire history of the franchise.

News flash: no one will be able to.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I thought Richardson was probably the best energy player on the team, next to maybe Nolan last year. He was pretty effective for a fourth liner, we just didn't have a spot for him, so I can understand his frustration. His production and performance was actually above average for a fourth liner given the number of games he was given. He's also shown up at pretty clutch times in the playoffs in the past.

I agree. I thought he got a raw deal on some nights. I would have liked him in the lineup. His wheels were always turning and he was always irritating the opponents. Great 4th liner. it appears vancouver is slotting him on their THIRD line though--can't fault him for wanting to go with the playing time. CAN make fun of Vancouver for putting him there.

No. Kings mismanaged their roster and let extra players float in and out of playing. DS and DL should have cut the extra fat and gone with 13 forwards and 8 defenseman. DLs playing the saviour role and trying to heal careers by taking on projects. This is a business and if you have to cut a guy and get someone better then you do it. Richardson is one of our best 4th liners. *was

On the other hand, there's this. I wish we could mismanage our way to the SCF/WCF every year :P I can't believe there's people actually upset about losing Richardson...did you see his price tag? You can't run around dropping over a million on every 4th liner you like, especially this year. There are a million Brad Richardsons in this league. He is easily replaced for cheaper/internally/etc. This roster spot is by far the least of our worries.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad