TSN: Brad Richards has been BOUGHT OUT.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Moore stays.. Boyle will go, and we could probably still keep Poop depending on what he wants.

It's very possible to fit in Stastny at 6.6-7M (overpay) while still keeping most of the team in tact IMO.

If Poop takes under 2M you keep him, IMO. Over and you think of letting him walk. I'd go up to 2.5 for him. I wouldn't flip a **** at 2.9.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
If Poop takes under 2M you keep him, IMO. Over and you think of letting him walk. I'd go up to 2.5 for him. I wouldn't flip a **** at 2.9.

That line was our best line all season, but IMO its because Zucc and Brass is what made it go.. Pouilot was a good bargain no question, but remember when Zucc was hurt, JT stepped into that line and it didn't really lose much at all.. I think he could do the same with Brass and Zucc rather than paying 2M+ for Poo.

GOAT AINEC

Soon..
Jun 4, 2014
If this team ever has a chance at winning another cup they have to go big or go home. When Hank is in his late 30's it will be too late.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
That line was our best line all season, but IMO its because Zucc and Brass is what made it go.. Pouilot was a good bargain no question, but remember when Zucc was hurt, JT stepped into that line and it didn't really lose much at all.. I think he could do the same with Brass and Zucc rather than paying 2M+ for Poo.

Poo gave that line a physical presence it needed. Poo was a big part of that line and I don't think he gets enough credit for it.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
I would seriously try to keep Moore and Pouliot.

Why break up our best line? And why let go the only player on this team who can win a faceoff?

I believe that Fast can do what Pouliot can do and a much cheaper contract.

Moore would be the most difficult decision.

we should not be stocking up the bottom like with 1.5+ players and DD is already there at 1.6, Moore will get better than 1.5

4th line is where we should be cutting costs so that it can help us bring in guys for the top nine that can put the puck in the net more consistently.

same thing with the bottom pairing on D.

If we sign Stralman, then I don't think you can afford to have Klein playing limited minutes making almost 3 per on the 3rd pair

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
Poo gave that line a physical presence it needed. Poo was a big part of that line and I don't think he gets enough credit for it.

I agree about the pysical presence, and losing him for 2M-2.5 IMO could come back to haunt us for that reason. We already dont have alot of size.

KreiMeARiver*

we should not be stocking up the bottom like with 1.5+ players and DD is already there at 1.6, Moore will get better than 1.5

4th line is where we should be cutting costs so that it can help us bring in guys for the top nine that can put the puck in the net more consistently.

If we sign Stralman, then I don't think you can afford to have Klein playing limited minutes making almost 3 per on the 3rd pair

I don't think so...not even close. Then again I'm not high on Fast, whatsoever.

I'm also not high on Lindberg.

So yeah, MUCH rather keep our best line/faceoff man on the team.

Fletch

Feb 27, 2002
Brooklyn
Visit site
[/I][/B]

A voice of reason; but if we could trade him for a D as good as McD like we did with Gomez....:sarcasm:

PK time doesn't always necessarily mean good defensively, funny enough (especially if it was about a minute as you say). Sometimes you want fast guys out there to get in the shooting and passing lanes. It's not like you do a lot of "backchecking" or are always tying up a guy or battling for a puck or need to go in deep. Also, you often want a good puckhandler out there to clear the puck. I thought Gomez was OK defensively with the Rangers. Not good, not bad. He was better defensively in the Devils' system.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
Gomez was certainly a good defensive player. I don't know where you are getting that he wasn't. He was getting over a minute of PK time in his last season here per game.

He was a decent defender for sure. At least as good as Stastny and probably better.

I checked his stats going back to 2002, he may have been getting that with us out of necessity, but he averaged 2-3 SECONDS per game on the PK dating back to the 2001-02 season.

Additionally, he sported a FO percentage of well below 50% the majority of his career.

the 2 years he spent in NY he played on the PK and had a better than 52% FO.

But that was AFTER he signed. Prior to that, the numbers DID not bear out that he was good at either aspect of the game

http://www.nhl.com/ice/playerstats....osition=C&country=&status=&viewName=timeOnIce

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
Fast definitely cannot do what Poo does because they are 100% completely different players.

one of the things that people noticed about Fast's game was the physicality. No, he's no bruiser, but neither was Pouliot.

I'm not comfortable giving Pouliot 2-2.5 per knowing that he's nothing more than a 30 point scoring inconsistent player.

Always has been.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
one of the things that people noticed about Fast's game was the physicality. No, he's no bruiser, but neither was Pouliot.

I'm not comfortable giving Pouliot 2-2.5 per knowing that he's nothing more than a 30 point scoring inconsistent player.

Always has been.

Poo was a pretty damn good hitter, dude. Fast hits sometimes, but nowhere near like Poo does.

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse

good point lost on alot of people. poo has an edge to his game that i love. hes a little undisciplined at times but he brings it every game.

im not afraid to say that he was one of my favorite rangers last season. a good mix of hustle, sniping, forecheck and snarl. hes a very good skater as well.

i hope hes resigned.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
I checked his stats going back to 2002, he may have been getting that with us out of necessity, but he averaged 2-3 SECONDS per game on the PK dating back to the 2001-02 season.

Additionally, he sported a FO percentage of well below 50% the majority of his career.

the 2 years he spent in NY he played on the PK and had a better than 52% FO.

But that was AFTER he signed. Prior to that, the numbers DID not bear out that he was good at either aspect of the game

http://www.nhl.com/ice/playerstats....osition=C&country=&status=&viewName=timeOnIce

He averaged less with the Debbies because they were a team filled with defensive forwards.

n8

WAAAAAAA!!!
Nov 7, 2002
san francisco
Visit site
The problem is that we can't sign anyone else if we sign Stastny. And then we are going to be penny pinching on Zucc. We have too many needs to sign Stastny and be able to fill those needs, too.

i would like to save our money to get Stamkos. TB will surely try to resign him but he will be a UFA and I can dream damnit.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
good point lost on alot of people. poo has an edge to his game that i love. hes a little undisciplined at times but he brings it every game.

im not afraid to say that he was one of my favorite rangers last season. a good mix of hustle, sniping, forecheck and snarl. hes a very good skater as well.

i hope hes resigned.

I loved Poo. He's epically Pejorative Slured, but I loved him on this team.

KingP

Mar 24, 2012
New york
I really like Brad as a person/player but I guess this had to be done

Now if we can just get rid of Nash

Ian

Mike York fan club
Jul 5, 2007
Long Island, NY
If Pouliot is allowed to leave, and the only choice on that line is an in-house option, Miller makes the most sense if you're trying to go for a style comparison.

The problem is that Miller is probably the best in-house option for the 3C center spot as well.

I do think Lindberg is most comparable to the 5v5 Richards we've seen, can he take that step forward this summer?

Ryan McDonut

Jan 18, 2009
New York

dom moore is a must resign imo. he brings so much to the bottom six

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
A good reason we got as far as we did was we had a 4th line that could actually play. The Rangers can't expect to put just leftovers on that line and expect to go back to the finals anytime soon.

To me the two most likely UFA's to come back are Dominic Moore and Pouliot. I think Moore really wants to be here and would probably return for the same money or maybe a little more. I think we could probably get Pouliot for $2 mil or less. There's also Mason Raymond.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad