Sportsnet: Brad May predicted the Leafs would make the Playoffs (McClement, JvR, and RC)

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
That's definitely true but if this team plays a better team D (For example, Phoenix), average goalies can look like stars.

100% true. No one believed in the new system, and its still early. Its why I thought 15th
was an assisnine spot to be placed in.

I hope I get the opportunity to tweet some blasts to Kyper and MacLean.

ForSpareParts*

100% true. No one believed in the new system, and its still early. Its why I thought 15th
was an assisnine spot to be placed in.

I hope I get the opportunity to tweet some blasts to Kyper and MacLean.

Good post here.

Quinn found success with a system too. Yes he had Sundin, but they still played a sound defensive system in the playoffs.

Kingstonian84*

Sep 23, 2012
Quinn found success with a system too. Yes he had Sundin, but they still played a sound defensive system in the playoffs.[/QUOTE]

I think Quinn and Carlye both had/have the same system- Attention to detail in the defensive zone, quick pressure then go to the attack. The offense is centered around a "dump and chase" game, chipping it in and using the big bodies to smash their way around.

RealisticLeaf55

Win it clean for J.T
Sep 28, 2010
A place
Reimer is the reason why we have given all of our opponents a strong battle. The efense just seems more comfortable when he is in net as opposed to scrivens.

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington
Didn't the Leafs break some sort of record for being the only team ever to be in a playoff position past Thanksgiving and then go on to not make the playoffs?

I remember reading the Star and they basically guaranteed statistically that they would make it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad