Value of: Brad Marchand to Montréal!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
As a Hab fan, I don't want a Marchand style player on my team. I know he's learned to score, but to me he's still a piece of trash. The kind of guy the league would be better without.

Not to worry. Bergevin is allergic to players who are capable of putting up more than 60 points a season.

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
It's very confusing to think about Marchand in a Habs jersey. Pretty much the most hated player in the league by the Habs fans but I think we would all fall in love with him if we had him in our team. Conversely, Marchand with the Habs would likely be the last thing Bruins fans want to see.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Did you see the part where Montreal gives the 2018 unprotected 1st + Scherbak? Or that they're taking Chara as well? That's two young prospects the Bruins are acquiring.............................

.... the Bruins are a competing team, and Chats is contributing to that in a top 4 role.

Boston has a pretty good pool of young players and prospects... so...

Stripper

Mar 4, 2013
.... the Bruins are a competing team, and Chats is contributing to that in a top 4 role.

Boston has a pretty good pool of young players and prospects... so...
"when moving older players, want to acquire younger players with potential. Not trade them for equally aged, similar value, players" is what you wrote. The 2018 1st + Scherbak gives that. That Boston has or hasn't a good prospect pool is irrelevant.

As for Chara, I had read that he wasn't exactly playing as before and thought he was moved to the bottom 2. Replace him for a cap dump then as he's a useful player and makes no sense to trade him.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
"when moving older players, want to acquire younger players with potential. Not trade them for equally aged, similar value, players" is what you wrote. The 2018 1st + Scherbak gives that. That Boston has or hasn't a good prospect pool is irrelevant.

As for Chara, I had read that he wasn't exactly playing as before and thought he was moved to the bottom 2. Replace him for a cap dump then as he's a useful player and makes no sense to trade him.

This doesnt address why a competing team would trade a top4 D - let alone asking their franchise D man to waive hi nct/nmc - whatever it is - when they are competing.

WJCJ

Sep 27, 2017

Wherever you read that should not be trusted. Chara plays exactly as he did before minus the power play time. Chara is an excellent top pairing shut down D. Even without the power play time Chara is 29th in the league in average time on ice. He looks great too. It would take a lot to get Chara from Boston.

Reactions: Stripper

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact coming my way!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland

One can think many silly things, but then one can easily refute them by a) looking at actual games and/or even easier by b) a 20 seconds check at the NHL stats that say that Chara leads the Bruins in TOI and is actually even 29th in the whole NHL for that, at 23:21.
"Bottom 2" :facepalm:

Shootertooter

Feb 20, 2016
Not for all of King Midas' Silver.

So what you're saying is that there is still a chance!!!

XzLO41q.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad