Player Discussion Brad Marchand III-Mod WARNING # 293

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnmbs1962

Jun 25, 2014
If the Bruins gave Lucic 6.0 several years ago, no reason they can't go close to that for Marchand now. He's just as important as Lucic was before he became listless.

But get him locked up long term

Would be shocked if he signs long term for less than Krejci money.....we are well past 6 in my opinion......

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
6m AAV for Marchand would be amazing.

Marchand gets 6M AAV and his agent should be kicked out of the agent union. Phil Kessel, a 1 dimension, near 40 goal scorer got 8M AAV back in 2014. Not saying Marchand will get that, but 6M AAV for a 200 ft., PK beast, near 40 goal scorer ain't going to cut it.

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
Marchand gets 6M AAV and his agent should be kicked out of the agent union. Phil Kessel, a 1 dimension, near 40 goal scorer got 8M AAV back in 2014. Not saying Marchand will get that, but 6M AAV for a 200 ft., PK beast, near 40 goal scorer ain't going to cut it.

This.

The only chance we'd have at a 6M AAV is if we can get him to hire Danny Amendola's agent.

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
Marchand comes across very well here.
Gallagher not so much...lots of passive aggressive comments.

Marchand comes across as more likeable for sure (and that's doing my best to look past my bias), but with the majority of hockey fans disliking Marchand way more than Gallagher, he'll probably end up seeming less so to most. I don't think Gallagher was too bad in this interview either, though. Most of his comments arguably seemed slightly more passive-aggressive than Marchand's corresponding answer, but that might just be down to comedic delivery. Also he'd be in slight "trouble" if he seemed too friendly to a Bruin player, possibly more so than Marchand who's proved himself to the fans over a longer period of time, along with a cup win. Age/maturity might be a factor too, though I'm not sure where Marchand stands in that regard. :)

Side note: I'd love to go to museums with Brad. :laugh:

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
http://www.bostonsportsdesk.com/the-little-ball-of-great-marchand-morphing-into-a-star/

Rat, brat, Nose Face Killah, Little Ball of Hate, overall pain in the ass; Brad Marchand has been called all of these and more during his seven-year career in Boston. Now the guy the rest of the NHL loves to hate has added two other terms to describe his rapidly ascending career curve – bona fide goal scorer and member of team Canada for the World Cup that will take place this September in Toronto.

That’s a long way away from the guy who was deemed “Marshmont†from a disgruntled sports radio talk show caller who dissed his game during his rookie season, claiming even fourth line minutes were below the soon to be well-paid winger.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011

Wow! Haggs not just taking shrapnel, he's taking direct hits in that article:

Talk about taking it full-circle, early in last season’s fruitless campaign for the Black and Gold, the king of throw-it-against-the-wall-and-see-if-it-sticks, B’s beat reporter for CSNNE Joe Haggerty, published a not so well founded report that both Marchand, and captain Zdeno Chara, were being shopped by the then pitiful Bruins. As usual, Haggerty provided little details to back his likely self-conceived hypothesis, and while Chara continued to calcify in front of the eyes of Bruins’ fans, Marchand began to blossom.

And has his play would prove, the hack that is Haggs – despite how many 13-year-old girls he may have as sources around the NHL – was once again about as wrong as you could be about the B’s emerging star.

:amazed: That's harsh. Deserved, but harsh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad