Brad Marchand - HHOF?

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
And i’m sorry, i just dont think that is good enough to make the HoF(and i think being a good defensive forward will get overshadowed with Bergeron). I really like the guy, love his game, Ranger fan or not i would have LOVED this guy to be a Ranger his whole career, just dont think he squeezes in, but if i’m wrong i’d be thrilled for him.

Also it blows my mind that he will be 36 soon.
There's been worse players inducted into the HHOF than him. He'd be in the lower half of inductions but not bottom of the barrel. If he wouldn't go into your personal HHOF that's fine

But you even said he wasnt elite. Unless your definition of elite are players that are undoubtedly the best of their position and win awards. If so, then you have a stricter definition of the term than the vast majority.

HFpapi

Mar 6, 2010
Toronto/Amsterdam
As someone who was teetering on the line with Marchand, put him in.

The stark contrast between Marner and Marchand this playoff series, a guy with heart, who knows how to win, who battles, who gets his team up for big games vs whatever the **** Marner has been doing for my Leafs?

The intangibles of Marchand are on display. His stats are borderline good enough to get him in anyways but it's really become evident how much more this guy brings to the lineup.

Reactions: BB79

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
The intangibles of Marchand are on display. His stats are borderline good enough to get him in anyways but it's really become evident how much more this guy brings to the lineup.
Most effective pest the league has seen in a long time, there's no measure for that

yada

move 2 dallas 4 work
Nov 6, 2006
watching happy pony
Hart record

2020-21
5th place, highest placing winger.

2018-19
5th place, 3rd highest placing winger behind Gaudreau and Kucherov.

2016-17
7th place, 2nd highest placing winger behind Kane

2019-20
9th place, 3rd highest placing winger behind pastrnak and Panarin.

Selke finishes: 9, 9, 10, 12, 12
Point finishes: 3, 5, 5, 6
PPG finishes: 4, 5, 5, 6, 9
Goal finishes: 4, 6, 6
GPG finishes: 5, 6, 6, 9

So, during his best 4 to 5 year stretch he was a top 5 point producer, a top 10 goalscorer, one of the best two way forwards, and valued as top 3 in his position.

How is that not best of the best? The evidence is overwhelmingly not on your side to say he was not an elite player.
Also voted best winger in 2017 and 2021, second best winger 2019, and 2020.

Reactions: Felidae

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
To me, he deserved the best player award in the World's when he played with Sid and Bergy. There was no way they gave it to him, so Sid was the choice that was easier to stomach for everyone.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad