Brad Marchand - HHOF?

Walkingthroughforest

I got the worst ******* attorneys
Aug 19, 2007
For better it worse, Brad Marchand is one of the most well known players of his generation.

Breaking down his accomplishments so far:

1x Stanley Cup
1x World Cup Gold
1x 100 point season
5x 80+ point seasons
6x PPG seasons
5x 30 goal seasons
3x Top 10 finishes
2x First Team All Star
2x Second Team All Star
3x Stanley Cup Finals
2x WJC Gold
6x Team leader in points

He holds significant Bruins records:
- Most OT goals in history
- Most shorthanded goals in history
- Most playoff elimination goals in history

He has been a consistently high level playoff performer and, barring injuries, will finish with over 1000 points and 400 goals.

To me, this is a HHOF resume.

Last edited:

CascadiaPuck

Proud Canucks investor.
Jan 13, 2010
Vancouver
For better it worse, Brad Marchand is one of the most well known players of his generation.

1x Stanley Cup
1x World Cup Gold
1x 100 point season
5x 80+ point seasons
6x PPG seasons
5x 30 goal seasons
3x Top 10 finishes
2x First Team All Star
2x Second Team All Star
3x Stanley Cup Finals
2x WJC Gold
6x 1st in points on team

He has been a consistently high level playoff performer and, barring injuries, will finish with over 1000 points and 400 goals.

The first and second team all star finishes and the 3x Top 10 in points are the main case from an individual perspective. Is that enough to get him in when combined with some strong team results? If I had to bet straight up, I’m thinking it could be enough. But I wouldn’t be shocked if he didn’t make it. There are multiple current and former teammates who should be in ahead of him.

Reactions: Beukeboom Fan

blundluntman

Jul 30, 2016
The 2 1st team all stars and 2 2nd team all stars do look good on his resume but players that achieved similar feats have failed to make the hhof before. A great player, but he doesn't have any hardware so tough to say. If you ask me, its a 40% chance he does.

Primary Assist

The taste of honey is worse than none at all
Jul 7, 2010
Most likely. Star player for roughly 10 years in a big market, along with a Cup. If he makes it to 1,000 points then you'd be hard pressed to argue against putting him in

Reactions: Silky Johnson

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
The committee is so inconsistent with selections that we are always left guessing.

I value peak performances over a long and steady, yet not great, career. I take Marchand over Marleau every time.

40/60 he gets in imo.

Most likely. Star player for roughly 10 years in a big market, along with a Cup. If he makes it to 1,000 points then you'd be hard pressed to argue against putting him in
In a weird way, I think the cup argument would work better for him if he won it now. Rather than 2011. It would be fresh in everyone's minds and he would likely be a big contributer.

2011 was twelve years ago. And you have the two SCF losses (and likely collapse tonight) following it.

Unspecified

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Apr 29, 2015

1x Stanley Cup
1x World Cup Gold
1x 100 point season
5x 80+ point seasons
6x PPG seasons
5x 30 goal seasons
3x Top 10 finishes
2x First Team All Star
2x Second Team All Star
3x Stanley Cup Finals
2x WJC Gold
6x Team leader in points

Where is the individual award? Copying his accomplishments from his Wiki doesn't make he case. The hall of very good is where he will end up.

Reactions: cptjeff

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Nope began to late

Hes got 5-6 elite years only

2017-2022 he was elite

Even this year hes not a elite winger. Production was below ppg in a high scoring season

From 2017 to 2022 he was a top 5 winger for sure (kuch, breadman, kane, marchand are 4 of the 5 with 5th being 1 of marner/pasta/OV/rantanen)
Have you looked at some of the last 50 years for wingers making it into the Hall?

Marchand probably falls in the middle of ALL HHOF wingers inducted in the last 50 years by the time he is done.

Pretty darn good 8 year run he has been on plus an excellent playoff resume and 2 way play/intangibles.

kingsholygrail

We've made progress - Robitaille
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
Players with 1,000+ points not in the Hall:

Bernie Nicholls
Dave Taylor
Pierre Turgeon
Rod Brind'Amour
Jeremy Roenick
Theoren Fleury
Ray Whitney
Keith Tkachuk
Pat Verbeek
Doug Weight
Bobby Smith
Alexander Mogilny
Alexei Kovalev
Patrick Elias
Brian Bellows
Dale Hunter
Steve Larmer
Brian Prop
Vincent Damphousse

I left active players and recently retired players off the list.

Toby91ca

Oct 17, 2022
If he retires now, he has 0.00% chance of getting in. He's 34, so has some years left likely, but I don't think enough to make a great case.

Reactions: Doc McKenna

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad