Confirmed with Link: Brad Boyes and Tom Gilbert have signed.

JP Mick

Sep 24, 2008
Homestead, FL
I'm sure most of us knew this was going to happen but it is official!

‏@FlaPanthers
Boyes and Gilbert have agreed to terms with the #FlaPanthers pic.twitter.com/oZKZx9zzHl

https://twitter.com/FlaPanthers/status/383969021965926400/photo/1

BVQhyn7IAAA1uc1.jpg:large

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Interesting to see the $$.

And how fast it takes EA to drop them to 60 overall.

Egblad

Patiently Waiting
May 20, 2006
Florida
Good news, not worried about Gilbert, think he was a great acquisition for us. Boyes, I hope he does well enough in a top six role and scores some goals -- not overly sure how he will work out though.

Boothinator

@MrBoothinator
Sep 19, 2009
Great deals! So we got an upgrade on each position right before the start of the season! This offseason was great!

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Good signings. Can't get hurt by the terms. A little skeptical of Boyes but he should help the PP and we have enough forwards who can slot in his spot 5on5 if needed.

Tallon gets a ton of credit for being patient and not blowing money (probably had no choice but to wait) early in free agency.

Lundell4Prez

Yandle = Bad
Jul 5, 2008
They should send Jovo to San Antonio... He'd clear waivers, then probably retire because he wouldn't wanna be there. That's if we had unlimited funds.

Beezer

Trochek Was Tripped!
Jun 24, 2007
Orlando, Florida
Shaping up to quietly be a great offseason for us.

Adding Tim Thomas, Brad Boyes, Tom Gilbert & adding Barkov should keep us competitive this season.

Thomas >>> Clemm-anyone would have been an upgrade over Clemm to be honest but to add a former Stanley Cup Champ and Vezina winner to replace him is awesome. Even though he may not be as good as he was in previous years because of his age he is still a massive upgrade over Clemm. And it's not even his game that we will benefit(and we will benefit from it) from the most it will be what Markstrom will learn from Thomas that will benefit us for years to come.

Gilbert >>> Pylon(I mean Kuba :D)-wanted Gilbert a few years ago. He is older now but still mobile. Definitely an upgrade over a pylon.

Boyes - jury still out on this one but at the very least he should create a lot of space in the offensive zone for Barkov if he gets top six minutes. Should be able to pot some goals from rebounds in front of the net too.

Barkov - hoping he has the same impact Huber had last season. If he does I think we have a very good shot at the playoffs.

coopdaloop123

Mar 11, 2013
FL
A lot of people scratched their heads when Tallon said that he would get most of his signings done later in the process, but I really like all of these pickups (including Barch). It's hard to say anyone could have done better with a low budget and 1-year low risk deals for hopefully quality players is fantastic.

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
I wouldn´t get hopes up too much for Gilbert, there is a reason Edmonton (lol) and the Wild let him go. Not really a quality player, more like a gap filler at the moment since the young guys still need development.

Gizmo Tkachuk

Registered Loser
Sep 23, 2009
Florida
I wouldn´t get hopes up too much for Gilbert, there is a reason Edmonton (lol) and the Wild let him go. Not really a quality player, more like a gap filler at the moment since the young guys still need development.

He's an upgrade over Kuba. That's all that matters.

donlumpa

Jul 4, 2013
NEW YORK, NEW YORK
Sorry Panther fans, as I come in peace, but you soon realize what made Brad Boyes half decent last year - and his names is John Tavares; which obviously you have nobody close to that on the team. No upgrade - Desperate move for a desperate team. I wish Panthers nothing but success; but smh, when will this team learn.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Sorry Panther fans, as I come in peace, but you soon realize what made Brad Boyes half decent last year - and his names is John Tavares; which obviously you have nobody close to that on the team. No upgrade - Desperate move for a desperate team. I wish Panthers nothing but success; but smh, when will this team learn.
It's one freakin' million, who the hell cares.

Everyone calling Boyes crap makes it sound like he's signed to a 7y/49M contract.

It's one million, get over it. If he's good, good. If he sucks, waivers/AHL is that way ->.

Caustic

Feb 28, 2012
Calgary, Alberta
Whatever. I came here specifically (as a Vancouver fan) to congratulate Florida on two great signings. I mean, come on... 1m?!?! Even if Boyes was somewhat carried by Tavares, he's still certainly worth more than a 4th line wage.

Florida is poised to be a much better team this season. If Tim Thomas still has it, I actually see interesting playoff potential.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad