Pre-Game Talk: BRACE YOURSELVES - HABS VS BRUINS (Jan. 30)

PsychoticHab

May 26, 2012
Ottawa
And your post would make sense, if not for the fact that I described reality, and you simply described a set of relations that makes sense to you. Look at how your entire premise started: "If Diaz played instead of Murray..." News flash, dude. When both were healthy, and neither being implicated in trade/signing talks, they have played together; not instead of each other.

If Beaulieu had actually been playing "better" than Murray (or Bouillon, I suppose), and if Diaz was 100% good to go, we would be seeing Beaulieu-Diaz instead, wouldn't we. But for a single game in which Diaz "isn't available" and Bouillon is scratched (for good reason), what other possibilities did you have in mind?

They have played together in the past (then again Diaz has been stuck with all of the dead weight these last 2 years so Murray is of course included) but that has been in the past before the situation changed. Now, Beaulieu is called up and for now has a spot in the lineup (or else he would go back to Hamilton) which only leaves 1 spot in our defense. It makes sense to play Beaulieu on his natural side (why make his job harder than it has to be?) which leaves 1 opening on the right. The natural choice to fill that spot is Diaz being one of our only 2 RDs (Diaz and Subban) we currently have on the team.

As for "reality", you simply stated the situation as it stood prior to Beaulieu's call-up from Hamilton. Your entire premise follows the past in which Murray was the best option we had for the 3rd pairing on the left. Now however it is no longer the case and unless Murray can somehow play the right side (not to mention play it better than Diaz) there is no reason to have him in the lineup ahead of Diaz. I really don't care what is in the past as it is the past but now that Beaulieu is here, and is seemingly going to be asked to adjust to Murray if he's in the lineup, the choice becomes between Diaz and Murray. (Once again I realize they do not play the same side but the last spot is still between them)

As Murray is a LD and Diaz is a RD of course they do not directly interchange their roster spot but the whole point of my original post is that Murray dislodging Beaulieu to RD is what is keeping Diaz out of the lineup even if Murray is an inferior D-Man (completely 1 dimensional) to both of them. (Beaulieu seems ready to make the jump)

Finally, I don't care if Murray-Beaulieu is a pairing in an emergency (hell same with Bouillon-Beaulieu if it's an emergency) but the whole idea of the original post was that Beaulieu-Diaz is the logical choice for the players we have. Technically I would prefer Beaulieu-Pateryn in a limited minutes role for a few games and dumping every one else (Bouillon and Murray at least to waiver) but as that won't happen... (since you mentioned "makes sense to you" and that is what I would actually want)

In conclusion, the reason I said Murray is keeping Diaz out of the lineup is because Beaulieu is a LD forced to play on the right which is keeping Diaz out of his spot. With Murray benched, Beaulieu then moves to his natural side while Diaz gets back in his spot. In this scenario, not only do both D-Men play their natural side but they also both bring more to the team than Murray does. Not to mention the added perk that they could also form the 2nd wave on the PP saving us from watching Gorges and Bouillon on it and Diaz has been our second best PK D-Man this year statistically which also helps the team.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Good to hear Drewiske is back, excellent depth D. I don't see him taking Beaulieu's spot or will Nathan be demoted. Diaz is about to be moved IMO.

RI.B FAN

Jul 14, 2002
JAMESTOWN RI
Visit site
any given night any team can win. I feel the key issue for this game will be the refs. Boston will of course try to get to Price but this is the issue.
With other teams they also want to get to Price but they do so 99% within the rules. Boston in Boston don't care about ANY rules, they rely on the refs to let them get away with stuff for the sake of the crowd. The crowd does not care about rules, just send 10 Habs to the hospital and what a great night it was. Any penalty given the Bruins will be because the Habs whine and dove all night. The habs will be called cowards because they won't FIGHT. Bruin fans would love to see Chara or Lucic pound little guys into next year and call it a strong hockey play.

PLease do not believe that. We almost all appreciate a great clean game. There are a few spoilers on both sides.

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
any given night any team can win. I feel the key issue for this game will be the refs. Boston will of course try to get to Price but this is the issue.
With other teams they also want to get to Price but they do so 99% within the rules. Boston in Boston don't care about ANY rules, they rely on the refs to let them get away with stuff for the sake of the crowd. The crowd does not care about rules, just send 10 Habs to the hospital and what a great night it was. Any penalty given the Bruins will be because the Habs whine and dove all night. The habs will be called cowards because they won't FIGHT. Bruin fans would love to see Chara or Lucic pound little guys into next year and call it a strong hockey play.

Stop making excuses beforehand. Sounds like, "Poor little me." Sure, the Bruins could humiliate the Habs, but didn't you expect the Black Hawks to do that?

Apr 28, 2010
IXKaUzy.gif

:laugh: Holy ****!

Last edited:

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport
A bruins fan! Don't read what he says, just flame him and make assumptions about what he said rather than reading it!

I don't put much stock in last game, so it's basically The Boston Bruins Vs Carey Price. Price has 0 goals in his NHL career, so I like Boston's odds.

You never know....if there's any time for a wacky exchange that would end up in a goalie scoring in a game, it would happen in a BOS/MTL game. That said, I've always been a big Price fan (may surprise some here, but a lot of Bruin fans I know are as well) and he's historically looked good against Boston.

I throw current records out the window in these matchups.

BTW, Matt, it's about time you fix that typo, should read "Bonded PK Apologist" :laugh:

I'd probably catch less hell on the Bruin board being a P.K. Subban apologist than I do as a Chris Kelly apologist. No lie. :laugh:

I'll leave you folks be. Enjoy the game Hab fans and (contrary to what some may believe) here's to seeing a clean game where both teams leave as healthy as they were when they walked in.

Bloumeister

Meister Mojo Rising
Apr 30, 2010
Planet Of Sound
twitter.com
I'd probably catch less hell on the Bruin board being a P.K. Subban apologist than I do as a Chris Kelly apologist. No lie. :laugh:

I'll leave you folks be. Enjoy the game Hab fans and (contrary to what some may believe) here's to seeing a clean game where both teams leave as healthy as they were when they walked in.

Posting half a GDT in a few moments. Will have to finish it before the game, around dinner. Great work on yours, BTW. Godspeed!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad