Pre-Game Talk: BRACE YOURSELVES - HABS VS BRUINS (Jan. 30)

Bloumeister

Meister Mojo Rising
Apr 30, 2010
Planet Of Sound
twitter.com
Wanted to started this one early 'cuz I won't be available until late tomorrow night. I'll be popping my GDT cherry on Thursday, wanted to whet your appetite with this...

12201823086_75fbde37b5_b.jpg

Don't know when I'll be posting the GDT on Thursday, but it'll be online at some point before the game.

Ciao!

B.

MDN

Jun 6, 2013
Montreal
We somehow always manage to play well against them, but that being said, I really hope we can pull this off.

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
We somehow always manage to play well against them, but that being said, I really hope we can pull this off.

It seems like the game against Boston was from a different season. Habs were on their hot stretch of the season, and beat the bruins despite playing their 6th game in 9 nights. The habs did look gassed in that game but price was sensational.

Theoretically, it's going to be tough to stay competitive for this one, but the habs seem to give the bruins problems. I think the habs are 4-1 since the lockout against them? Correct me if wrong.

Bottom line, its habs versus bruins and that means something in itself.

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
It seems like the game against Boston was from a different season. Habs were on their hot stretch of the season, and beat the bruins despite playing their 6th game in 9 nights. The habs did look gassed in that game but price was sensational.

Theoretically, it's going to be tough to stay competitive for this one, but the habs seem to give the bruins problems. I think the habs are 4-1 since the lockout against them? Correct me if wrong.

Bottom line, its habs versus bruins and that means something in itself.

Games against the Leafs and Bs always seem to exist on their own and current stretches shouldn't be taken into account.

We really, really need to win this one. Let's go :habs

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Must win will lead to a big loss.

This won't be pretty. Boston firing on all cylinders and we can barely coast down a hill.

I'd put a funny "this won't end well" meme here if I cared enough to figure it out. Unfortunately my lack of effort will match the Hab's when they play Boston.

Nedved

Mar 30, 2008
I really miss playing the bruins 8 times a year.

What was nice about that system, was we knew who you had to beat to win the division, and it was also created some great rivals (not only in our division).

Some of these games feel meaningless, and I really don't care for playing all the west coast teams. I love playing the bruins, sens, leafs, and buffalo all year long.

it made the division fun to watch, now it looks more like a beer league set-up. I hope this system flops.

zzoo

Mar 9, 2004
This is a determining game. It's very important for the confidence.

RC51

Dec 10, 2005
mtl
any given night any team can win. I feel the key issue for this game will be the refs. Boston will of course try to get to Price but this is the issue.
With other teams they also want to get to Price but they do so 99% within the rules. Boston in Boston don't care about ANY rules, they rely on the refs to let them get away with stuff for the sake of the crowd. The crowd does not care about rules, just send 10 Habs to the hospital and what a great night it was. Any penalty given the Bruins will be because the Habs whine and dove all night. The habs will be called cowards because they won't FIGHT. Bruin fans would love to see Chara or Lucic pound little guys into next year and call it a strong hockey play.

LLoyd Christmas I

Jul 11, 2013
Fans need to come out and show their support for this one. No more of this sarcastic cheering.

With Pricer in net, anything can happen.

Apr 1, 2006
Montreal
Boston don't care about ANY rules, they rely on the refs to let them get away with stuff for the sake of the crowd..

And when the other team does it it's suddenly unacceptable. Do I as say, don't do as I do.

Any penalty given the Bruins will be because the Habs whine and dove all night. The habs will be called cowards because they won't FIGHT...

And they will try to start a fight with anybody that delivers a good clean hard hit. Do I as say, don't do as I do.

Bruin fans would love to see Chara or Lucic pound little guys into next year and call it a strong hockey play.

It's always funny to see Chara go nuts in the corner or after the whistle in front of their net, roughing, slashing, crosschecking and jumping on players half his size. Tough guy he is.

Can't wait for tomorrow, there's always something happening at those games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad