Proposal: Bracco to NYI/MIN/LA

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
until somebody steps up and takes that #3rw spot i'd be willing to grab bracco for a D prospect. donato ; sokolov ; mayhew are not sure things and i thought when kapanen was signed Toronto didn't have room for bracco.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Bracco is perpetually blocked on RW. He's an *amazing* playmaker, could probably play in the NHL right now on a few teams.

Leafs could use some type of power winger prospect that could play on a 3rd line or bottom 4 physical defenseman.

Thinking like a Max Jones or slightly higher end Roland McKeown, we need some grit & grind....and in exchange we're giving up the player with more offensive upside....and typically when you give up more talent, you lose these deals but it is what it is at this point on RW for the Leafs.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Doesn’t make a lot of sense to move assets for Bracco. Zuccarello, Kaprizov, Kunin on the right side starting next year. Even if Kunin plays center, Bracco is still on the third line.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Doesn’t make a lot of sense to move assets for Bracco. Zuccarello, Kaprizov, Kunin on the right side starting next year. Even if Kunin plays center, Bracco is still on the third line.

Not trying to sell you on Bracco but might not be the worst place to start him in a sheltered 3rd line offensive role with PP minutes. Not sure what I would want from Minny back in a trade but there is a possible fit on your team if Kunin plays centre.

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina

You would want him starting on the 3rd line.

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
Bracco seems like a guy that just can't crack the Leafs roster, but to me he should get a shot somewhere as an NHL player. Decent AHL stats, both regular season and playoffs.

I'd like to see him on the Isles, but I think MIN and LA would be good fits as well. He doesn't backcheck well or score goals, but he creates offence at a high level.

Would a low 2nd / high 3rd get it done?

View attachment 268693
the last thing that Kings need is another guy who can't score. We already have Kempe, Iaffalo, Wagner, and Lewis

Last edited:

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019
the last thing that Kings need is another guy who can't score. We already have Kempe, Iaffalo, Watson, and Lewis

Bracco creates more offence than all 4, in my opinion. Worth taking a flyer on. I would do a 2nd from the Isles but not from the Kings or Wild, pick is too high. A 3rd would be fair.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
I'd do Belpedio for Bracco. Sounds like a good deal for both sides

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
Bracco creates more offence than all 4, in my opinion. Worth taking a flyer on. I would do a 2nd from the Isles but not from the Kings or Wild, pick is too high. A 3rd would be fair.
that should have been Wagner btw- I still get those two confused
IDK about that Wagner.Dude averages three breakaways a game that he can't finish.
We also have Lizotte than is falling in to the I can generate but can't score category

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Kyle Burroughs and Grant Hutton are RHD in Bridgeport that have a similar issue with people ahead of them. Hutton showed very well aftger singing as an NCAA free agent and Burroughs adds a toughness to a 3rd pairing, which seems to be a need for Toronto.

Burroughs plus Ho-Sang for Bracco and a 3rd?
Bracco will be a hit and miss to make the NHL. His skating is the issue. To me he he looks like a player that will bounce between the NHL and the AHL. There are better options for the Isles. I am pretty sure Lou knows him well enough as ex Leafs GM to not have any real interest. He would be buried behind Wahlstrom, Holmstrom, Bellows, and even Hosang.

TOGuy14

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto
Leaf fan who thinks Bracco had a pretty poor camp.

He seems boom bust. Not sure he has the skating or playmaking ability to thrive at the NHL level, but could surprise at a late bloomer.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
-right handed
-skilled
-great playmaker

-Can’t score goals
-Can’t skate
-Can’t play defense
-Small

Does he supplant any one of Zuccarello, Kaprizov or Kunin?
-No

Is he better than any of our other middling wingers we’d be adding him to (Fiala, Greenway, Donato, Kunin)?
-No

Is he 22 going on 23 and still not good enough to make the NHL?
-Yes

Does it matter that Toronto is deep at right wing or do NHL teams (especially NHL teams that need cheap skill) find a way to fit cheap skilled players into their lineup regardless?
-the latter

Please, I’m looking to be convinced that he would add anything to the NHL roster other than being right handed.

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare
I think Bracco is being undervalued due to the Leafs having similar player types and many options at RW. He's dominated the AHL. For his age group to put up the points he has in the AHL is impressive. He can still go up and down the rest of the year. He has 60+ point, maybe 70 point NHL top end upside if he hits on his potential. If he misses on that lofty projection, I see him settling in as a Kyle Wellwood type player in the middle-6.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
Bracco seems like a guy that just can't crack the Leafs roster, but to me he should get a shot somewhere as an NHL player. Decent AHL stats, both regular season and playoffs.

I'd like to see him on the Isles, but I think MIN and LA would be good fits as well. He doesn't backcheck well or score goals, but he creates offence at a high level.

Would a low 2nd / high 3rd get it done?

View attachment 268693

I'd do a late 2nd today.

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
The kings are in a rebuild so i doubt they would give up any picks as i said before maybe they might claim him on waivers if they thought he was better then prohorkins which i dont

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Not sure if you’re making fun of him, but if so, Montreal has been talking about guys on their farm team for years now so not much room for jokes.
No actually he would fit many teams .22 yr old,doing great in the minors.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Kings definitely aren’t giving up picks or prospects for anything.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad