Proposal: Bracco to NYI/MIN/LA

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019
Bracco seems like a guy that just can't crack the Leafs roster, but to me he should get a shot somewhere as an NHL player. Decent AHL stats, both regular season and playoffs.

I'd like to see him on the Isles, but I think MIN and LA would be good fits as well. He doesn't backcheck well or score goals, but he creates offence at a high level.

Would a low 2nd / high 3rd get it done?

upload_2019-10-25_8-12-51.png

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
What are Toronto’s needs? Defense? I could see Belpedio for Bracco. RD for RW. Belpedio should have made the roster this year but Minnesota is stacked on D.

Reactions: Mitch nylander

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019
What are Toronto’s needs? Defense? I could see Belpedio for Bracco. RD for RW. Belpedio should have made the roster this year but Minnesota is stacked on D.

I'm not sure what their long term depth/needs are but watching them this year they probably need a better 3rd pairing RD. Maybe Belpedio could be that guy.

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
Kyle Burroughs and Grant Hutton are RHD in Bridgeport that have a similar issue with people ahead of them. Hutton showed very well aftger singing as an NCAA free agent and Burroughs adds a toughness to a 3rd pairing, which seems to be a need for Toronto.

Burroughs plus Ho-Sang for Bracco and a 3rd?

Dickie Dunn

Jan 4, 2016
Minneapolis
The Wild shouldn’t be moving draft picks for awhile. Like DGB says above, maybe a guy like Belpedio could get it done. I agree that Bracco would be a good get for the Wild.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
We have enough players that project as middle-six wingers in MN. Next question

Reactions: AKL

Mitch nylander

One of the biggest fans from a bipolar fanbase
Jun 2, 2016
Kyle Burroughs and Grant Hutton are RHD in Bridgeport that have a similar issue with people ahead of them. Hutton showed very well aftger singing as an NCAA free agent and Burroughs adds a toughness to a 3rd pairing, which seems to be a need for Toronto.

I don't think we would have any interest in that. Bracco is as good as ho-sang. Ho-Sang is a skill guy that we don't really have a place for... Burroughs hasn't really showed anything which makes him worthy of a third. I do respect that you are looking at Right handed shots, and team toughness.

Very Interesting offer. I think I'd pull the trigger on it. Perhaps we add in a guy like Marincin. Just because I wouldn't want him taking away minutes from Sandin/Liljegren/Lindgren/Kivihalme/Rubins with already having Harpur, Schmaltz, and Gravel down there.

Marincin + Bracco for Belpedio and a 7th

typicalsavage

Oct 31, 2018

Is Toronto adding a 3rd for Ho Sang or cause this Burroughs guy is better? Cause i want no part of ho samg. The only way i see Bracco traded is in a package for a real good player. We dont need depth pieces we have plenty.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Marincin is not wanted or needed, and in any event, I would rather keep Belpedio. I think I'd almost rather trade a guy like Donato, sad to say.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
I also vote to keep Belpedio and pass on Bracco. I'll look dumb if he turns into a middle-6 center in the NHL, but that doesn't sound likely.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Belpedio might not score as much as Menell, but he plays a better defensive game, and is a RHD who can play both sides. I'd rather keep him as first man up if we trade Pateryn( RHD who is expiring).
TML can't be expecting anything more than another B+ prospect, or a fringe NHL'er at this point.

The OP's comment about a mid round pick is about right, I think.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
At this point, it’s about the fact that we have too many wingers as is. Trade belpedio for Bracco, and we have to move out another LW at some point.
We should be balancing the forwards better. Bracco has great skill and would be nice to have. Parise, Zucker, Greenway, Fiala, Donato. I’d look to move Fiala+Donato for a young center.

Zuccarello-Staal-Kunin
Zucker-Koivu-Parise
Greenway-center-Bracco
Foligno-Eriksson Ek-Hartman

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Belpedio is a RHD...not sure how he is pegged to be Brodin's replacement. Isn't that skipping a few steps? Hunt and Soucy would be the first men up on the Left side to replace Brodin, most likely Soucy, and Belpedio would slot in on the 3rd pair if Pateryn isn't ready to go. Hunt and Belpedio would be a really small third pairing...nice and mobile, though.

Bracco has shown some skill...in the AHL. He doesn't score goals, however, or play much defense. How is he better than Anas, Or Mayhew?

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
The all lefty forward group and the all righty defense group. Fair and balanced.
Rock 3 defensemen on the powerplay. NBD.

Really though, I think it's important to preserve our defensive depth. While I don't think Brodin is a total goner I do think it's very likely that he'll be traded if they can get a center for him. I'd say that the expansion draft is also a factor, but I think the timing of his contract expiring sort of gets us around that.

Either way, I think it's likely that by the summer of 2021 we're looking at a blueline like this:

Suter - Dumba
Soucy/Belpedio - Spurgeon
Belpedio/Soucy - Menell
Seeler/7th dman filler

The underlined guys are more or less locked in. Keeping all of the guys in italics gives us plenty of internal options behind that top-3, especially when Belpedio has some experience on both sides. My understanding is that he's mostly played LD in Iowa and seems to prefer it.

Maybe I'm misreading Bracco and he's worth sacrificing the depth for, but he seems like the sort of winger we already have an overabundance of. Shooting right isn't enough of a killer feature to move the needle for me, personally.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
He plays C. He could play wing if need be, but he's played C at most levels it looks like. Maybe a Leafs fan can clarify.
We're talking about Bracco here, correct? Hes most certainky a winger. Hes bad defensively which is what's always stopped him from playing in the NHL. Hes a playmaking winger. He has great vision and edges but simply hasn't evolved enough. He'll be an add-on to a trade within the next year is ny guess. There's a reason why less talented players have surpassed him in the system.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad