Eklund Rumor: Bozak for Carolina D

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
I think too many under value any leaf player. Funny how when they play well when not on the Leafs anymore suddenly they are worth something. Like Dion Phaneuf, is thriving in Ottawa, Kessel thriving with Pittsburgh. But on the Leafs worth peanuts. Not many teams have anywhere near the Leafs prospect forward depth. I would go as far as to say, that the Leafs have the top, if not top 3 AHL teams and prospects league wide at the forward position. But again apparently worth nothing to people here. The Duchene trade shows a lot. Look at what Colorado got, 3 picks, so maybe's, a backup goalie, and 2 maybe prospects. Nashville gets Turris, and extended him, Ottawa ends up with Duchene. What I am saying is besides players high picks are premium. Leafs have all this years choices plus an extra 2nd and a 7th. The extra 2nd round is a huge key here. I think for the right guy the leafs trade the 1st rounder, and keep the 2 2nds. Or trade the 2nds and keep the first. Those 3 picks are a huge key in a deal for a defenseman, and if they use their first round pick with a player and a blue chip prospect that easily equates to top 4, maybe top 2 material (depending on players involved).

More laughable was Kyper saying Marner was the start of any conversation involving Nurse. Nurse is playing better this year, but Marner has way higher value and ceiling, that to me was a joke of a comment. It seems the only players anyone here wants is Nylander and Marner and I can tell you unless it is for a true #1stud that is not happening. Plus who is available? Doughty is pending UFA, Keith is outside his prime, Jones is going nowhere, Letang would be way to high risk.

Plus the Leafs are tied to Igor Og from CSKA Moscow. A player who has the nod from Kucherov who said he would be really good in the NHL. Big body, huge shot, and would look great with Borgman. So if we sign him in April/May, and we know it is happening now, why do they make a move? Igor said on his twitter account in August "cant wait to be a maple leaf." So I am going on the premise he is our player.

Here we go again. Another Leafs fan with the "everyone is against us and think our players are worthless" shit...

If you seriously think Bozak as a centerpiece even starts a conversation with Carolina about Pesce/Faulk, you are so far out to lunch I dont even think it's worth trying to explain to you why this is so.

Awful, awful idea and not even close to the same value.

Reactions: Viqsi

TOGuy14

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto
Bozak wouldn't fetch any D that are an upgrade from Carolina.

Also I don't see a guy like Bozak having any interest in re-signing in Carolina, he seems like a big / party city guy.

Don't see how there is a fit here at all

Reactions: Viqsi

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
Not disagreeing with you there.

But Bozak isn't the kind of piece that the Canes need to be looking at, not a good fit.
I agree. The defenseman that Carolina has that the Leafs would want are understandably too expensive to acquire and the centers that Carolina would want from Toronto are understandably too expensive to acquire.

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
Ok read the whole post, I said anti up, meaning I know it would take more than that. But what? A Soshnikov, Leivo, Kapenen?

Bozak is far better than this years stats, last year had a career year, and consistently in the leagues top 5-10 in face off percentage. But again I realize we would have to give more up than just him. To be honest I do not trust Eklund, just because he kept linking us to every known RHD prior to Vegas Draft, and NHL draft, and finally for the whole offseason. He tied us to Barrie for several weeks, then changed it to another bigger name (cannot remember who) none happend. Also none of those were reported by a reliable hockey analyst.

Be honest, do you read the National Inquirer in your spare time ?

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
Again center piece as the NHL player involved. We have a ton of seriously good AHL players that on most teams are playing in the NHL. May be I should have said the starting point, then we add quite a bit.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Again center piece as the NHL player involved. We have a ton of seriously good AHL players that on most teams are playing in the NHL. May be I should have said the starting point, then we add quite a bit.

a UFA Bozak is not a starting point for a signed, or under- long term team control, top 4 defensemen. Its not that he doesnt have value. Its that He doesnt hold enough value with no contract to acquire someone who does.

Adding nickels and dimes to that doesnt get you there. If you want to break change on a dollar, at least start with a 50 cent piece.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Eklund rumour so nuff said.
Not required to mention a single Carolina D name (excluding Hanifin) so you can't possibly be wrong. Bozak click bait.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Liljegren with Bozak for Faulk. He still has 2 years after this one at on a cap friendly contract. Bozak, even with a pick,is too old to want trade for a 24 year old defender. That is based on Francis’ trading style.

That's brutal for Carolina. He's a top pairing talent, cheap contract, in his prime and the coveted RD. Nevermind Carolina D depth is at LD.

Bozak would have to be replaced with a better asset (Kapanen) and add your 1st.

Reactions: geehaad

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Read on hockey buzz the Leafs inquired about a D (not named Hanifin) and were willing to part with Bozak. This rumor stops there. Does not say who else we would offer, and does not say which D man we were asking for, but apparently told they are untouchable. All Carolina's RHD would be a target, tough call to say who exactly. Pesce has the most upside, TVR would be a solid addition, and Faulk has the best career stats and experience.

I thought this was a reasonable post because, Bozak had a "maintenance day," again today, as reported on twitter, and yesterday same deal. Something could actually be up here, but not holding my breath since Eklund is not very reliable.

But I am curious what people think about the price on all 3 defenders, include Bozak in part of your deal, as it makes complete sense that the leafs would offer that (and was the rumored player in question).

For me I think it would take quite a bit for any of the 3, TVR is probably cheapest.

Bozak, Carrick

for

TVR and late pick

But considering the rumor states the defenseman in question is untouchable I figure it is the highest ceiling player in Pesce. So what do the leafs have to do to anti up?

Also wanted to add I looked at the rumor again and it also says CBJ and Rangers continue to talk to the Leafs regarding Bozak.

Edit; Bozak and Nylander skated today with Matthews. Rest of the team had off day.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklu...TT-BUF-NYRNiemi-claimed-Tues-Buzzcast/1/88884
TVR has more value than both Bozak, Carrick together.

Jyrki Lumme

Generational User
Mar 5, 2014
I can't see Bozak returning a player who is any use to us. My only hope is he returns a decent pick at the deadline.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
I'd trade Roland McKeown with maybe a small add for Bozak. McKeown looked really solid in in his two game callup, was a legitimate asset offensively and looked more than competent in his own end.

Not sure Bozak is the best fit for Carolina but he would be an upgrade over Derek Ryan at the 3C.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
This just in, Eklund confirms that Bozak is in no way shape or form going to Carolina.

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
Do contenders trade pending UFAs?

Leafs may not be a contender right now, but could be later in the season.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Bozak as the centerpiece for Pesce or Faulk?

11514-animated_gifchat8etf.gif

Reactions: Surrounded By Ahos

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad