Eklund Rumor: Bozak for Carolina D

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
Read on hockey buzz the Leafs inquired about a D (not named Hanifin) and were willing to part with Bozak. This rumor stops there. Does not say who else we would offer, and does not say which D man we were asking for, but apparently told they are untouchable. All Carolina's RHD would be a target, tough call to say who exactly. Pesce has the most upside, TVR would be a solid addition, and Faulk has the best career stats and experience.

I thought this was a reasonable post because, Bozak had a "maintenance day," again today, as reported on twitter, and yesterday same deal. Something could actually be up here, but not holding my breath since Eklund is not very reliable.

But I am curious what people think about the price on all 3 defenders, include Bozak in part of your deal, as it makes complete sense that the leafs would offer that (and was the rumored player in question).

For me I think it would take quite a bit for any of the 3, TVR is probably cheapest.

Bozak, Carrick

for

TVR and late pick

But considering the rumor states the defenseman in question is untouchable I figure it is the highest ceiling player in Pesce. So what do the leafs have to do to anti up?

Also wanted to add I looked at the rumor again and it also says CBJ and Rangers continue to talk to the Leafs regarding Bozak.

Edit; Bozak and Nylander skated today with Matthews. Rest of the team had off day.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklu...TT-BUF-NYRNiemi-claimed-Tues-Buzzcast/1/88884

Last edited by a moderator:

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
Toronto has JVR already. So you are correct it would be bad for them to trade Bozak + for JVR.

A 31 year old isn’t getting Pesce or Faulk.

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
Bozak would be the center piece in going for the higher end in Pesce or Faulk, I was asking what Leafs would have to add to get him. Further, now that I re-read the rumor, who on NYR or CBJ would the Leafs be targeting? I would say Savard for CBJ and Brady Skjei from NYR, though Brady is a LHD.

Jozay

Jul 9, 2012
Toronto
Bozak would be the center piece in going for the higher end in Pesce or Faulk, I was asking what Leafs would have to add to get him. Further, now that I re-read the rumor, who on NYR or CBJ would the Leafs be targeting? I would say Savard for CBJ and Brady Skjei from NYR, though Brady is a LHD.
Yeah, Bozak cant be the center piece in a deal for Pesce or Faulk. Well I guess he could, it would just be an awful deal for Carolina.

Tatar Shots

Feb 2, 2014

Yea none of those players are moving for Bozak. Aim lower, much lower.

Reactions: Viqsi

MagicalRazor

Oct 25, 2016
bozak isnt getting anyone significant
This unless the add is big lol which could work seeing as the canes got a surplus of D and the leafs got some good young forwards

BUT ITS EKLUND !!!! so this means 0

In other words buddy orders pizza for his family , inquired about wing special

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
Center piece meaning NHL player on the way out. I think he would easily take Derek Ryan's spot, but for sure we would have to add to that big time. The more likely trade partner would be CBJ or NYR--CBJ he slots in Schroeders spot and NYR Boo Nieves. Question would be who Leafs would want and the price.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
I'm assuming by Carolina d men they mean players not currently playing with the canes. I'm a fan of Bozak, but he isn't getting you a slavin, peace, hanifin, or Faulk.

Samuel Culper III

Mr. Woodhull...
Jan 15, 2007
Texas
Toronto has JVR already. So you are correct it would be bad for them to trade Bozak + for JVR.

A 31 year old isn’t getting Pesce or Faulk.

Everyone always wants to see blockbusters. I could see Bozak for TVR + 3rd. As soon as we knew Bozak was the main guy involved we could skip names like Pesce and Faulk.

Reactions: Curufinwe

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
Ok read the whole post, I said anti up, meaning I know it would take more than that. But what? A Soshnikov, Leivo, Kapenen?

Bozak is far better than this years stats, last year had a career year, and consistently in the leagues top 5-10 in face off percentage. But again I realize we would have to give more up than just him. To be honest I do not trust Eklund, just because he kept linking us to every known RHD prior to Vegas Draft, and NHL draft, and finally for the whole offseason. He tied us to Barrie for several weeks, then changed it to another bigger name (cannot remember who) none happend. Also none of those were reported by a reliable hockey analyst.

Samuel Culper III

Mr. Woodhull...
Jan 15, 2007
Texas
Ok read the whole post, I said anti up, meaning I know it would take more than that. But what? A Soshnikov, Leivo, Kapenen?

Bozak is far better than this years stats, last year had a career year, and consistently in the leagues top 5-10 in face off percentage. But again I realize we would have to give more up than just him. To be honest I do not trust Eklund, just because he kept linking us to every known RHD prior to Vegas Draft, and NHL draft, and finally for the whole offseason. He tied us to Barrie for several weeks, then changed it to another bigger name (cannot remember who) none happend. Also none of those were reported by a reliable hockey analyst.

Guys like Faulk/Skjei are not available for Bozak + Leivo or even Kapanen.

Reactions: go4hockey

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017

Liljegren with Bozak for Faulk. He still has 2 years after this one at on a cap friendly contract. Bozak, even with a pick,is too old to want trade for a 24 year old defender. That is based on Francis’ trading style.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
Liljegren with Bozak for Faulk. He still has 2 years after this one at on a cap friendly contract. Bozak, even with a pick,is too old to want trade for a 24 year old defender. That is based on Francis’ trading style.
Faulk is great but i really want the Leafs to develop Lily.
Must be for a prospect who is close or something?

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
Bozak would never be the main piece for Skjei.

Maybe Holden, or Smith, or Staal

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
I think too many under value any leaf player. Funny how when they play well when not on the Leafs anymore suddenly they are worth something. Like Dion Phaneuf, is thriving in Ottawa, Kessel thriving with Pittsburgh. But on the Leafs worth peanuts. Not many teams have anywhere near the Leafs prospect forward depth. I would go as far as to say, that the Leafs have the top, if not top 3 AHL teams and prospects league wide at the forward position. But again apparently worth nothing to people here. The Duchene trade shows a lot. Look at what Colorado got, 3 picks, so maybe's, a backup goalie, and 2 maybe prospects. Nashville gets Turris, and extended him, Ottawa ends up with Duchene. What I am saying is besides players high picks are premium. Leafs have all this years choices plus an extra 2nd and a 7th. The extra 2nd round is a huge key here. I think for the right guy the leafs trade the 1st rounder, and keep the 2 2nds. Or trade the 2nds and keep the first. Those 3 picks are a huge key in a deal for a defenseman, and if they use their first round pick with a player and a blue chip prospect that easily equates to top 4, maybe top 2 material (depending on players involved).

More laughable was Kyper saying Marner was the start of any conversation involving Nurse. Nurse is playing better this year, but Marner has way higher value and ceiling, that to me was a joke of a comment. It seems the only players anyone here wants is Nylander and Marner and I can tell you unless it is for a true #1stud that is not happening. Plus who is available? Doughty is pending UFA, Keith is outside his prime, Jones is going nowhere, Letang would be way to high risk.

Plus the Leafs are tied to Igor Og from CSKA Moscow. A player who has the nod from Kucherov who said he would be really good in the NHL. Big body, huge shot, and would look great with Borgman. So if we sign him in April/May, and we know it is happening now, why do they make a move? Igor said on his twitter account in August "cant wait to be a maple leaf." So I am going on the premise he is our player.

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
Read on hockey buzz the Leafs inquired about a D (not named Hanifin) and were willing to part with Bozak. This rumor stops there. Does not say who else we would offer, and does not say which D man we were asking for, but apparently told they are untouchable. All Carolina's RHD would be a target, tough call to say who exactly. Pesce has the most upside, TVR would be a solid addition, and Faulk has the best career stats and experience.

I thought this was a reasonable post because, Bozak had a "maintenance day," again today, as reported on twitter, and yesterday same deal. Something could actually be up here, but not holding my breath since Eklund is not very reliable.

But I am curious what people think about the price on all 3 defenders, include Bozak in part of your deal, as it makes complete sense that the leafs would offer that (and was the rumored player in question).

For me I think it would take quite a bit for any of the 3, TVR is probably cheapest.

Bozak, Carrick

for

TVR and late pick

But considering the rumor states the defenseman in question is untouchable I figure it is the highest ceiling player in Pesce. So what do the leafs have to do to anti up?

Also wanted to add I looked at the rumor again and it also says CBJ and Rangers continue to talk to the Leafs regarding Bozak.

Edit; Bozak and Nylander skated today with Matthews. Rest of the team had off day.
We need a specific source, otherwise this thread will have to be closed.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Bozak for TVR would make the most sense but leafs have enough bottom pairing dmen and not enough C capable of playing in the top 6

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
If you mean leafs prospect, we have a ton close. Rosen, Dermott, Valiev, Johnsson, Grundstrom. I think it may have been click-bait really. Eklund is almost never right, unless reported from a real hockey source first. Plus Carolina makes zero sense to me. At center I think they are okay, maybe a scoring winger makes far more sense. At center CBJ and NY do make sense, here is the kicker though. If we traded Bozak who the heck replaces him? Moore in stinking it up, Fehr is sitting, Aaltonenn could slot in no issue, but on the fourth line. So the only way to me it is Bozak is if Babcock keeps Marleau at center (which apparently he doesnt want), or moves Nylander to center (which apparently he doesnt want). But in my opinion Babcock is being stubborn with Marleau. He looks really good at center, and has the speed, and 2 way game to play it. Nylander is still too much a one way guy, plus he and Matthews have great chemistry. Though as a Leaf fan, I dont see why if Babcock had no choice, move Nylander to center put Marner with Matthews (or keep Marleau at center). We have 3 years (2 more after this year) with Marleau, so if one year he has to play center until we can graduate a Marlie, or trade for another center (sign UFA ) so be it. I have honestly felt that Thorton will be a leaf either this year at the deadline (if SJ is not in playoff contention) or when his deal is finished next year. So it could likely be one of 2 things. We trade for Thorton at the deadline, that replaces Bozak (in meantime Marleau/Nylander fills in), or in July we sign Thorton. My gut tells me the player we would trade now, or before the offseason is JVR. We are so deep on the wing it is insane, so therefore far easier to fill the role. May not be a 25 goal-scorer but still. We could call on Kasper, we have Sosh, Johnsson. Far more possibilities.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad