Boynton Out Bizcrappy In

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
I was sort of hoping for Steve Downie if Tipp stayed on, but...

Biz does absolutely nothing for me, but I understand that there are a vast multitude of people he appeals to, and if this helps them make headway there, then more power to them. It's definitely outside the box and not something the stodgy old guys came up with.

I'll still miss Boynton though.

Lilhoody

Nov 25, 2016
Peoria, AZ

Biz does absolutely nothing for me, but I understand that there are a vast multitude of people he appeals to, and if this helps them make headway there, then more power to them. It's definitely outside the box and not something the stodgy old guys came up with.

There's still hope he end's up a assistant coach.:fight:

CC96

Serious Offender
Nov 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona

Biz is actually a suprisingly insightful commentator. One of the few players who when interviewed, would actually give interesting explanations regarding the team's gameplan, instead of robotically saying "obivously, they're a good team, and obviously we need to be obviously be obvious."

One interesting anecdote I remember Biz giving in an interview, he described how OEL unconventionally (for a defenseman) uses sticks with a massive amount of flex, so he can control his snapshot, and try and pick corners from the point, as opposed to using heavy low flex sticks to bomb wrist shots like most other D-men typically do.

knich

Jan 3, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
Biz is actually a suprisingly insightful commentator. One of the few players who when interviewed, would actually give interesting explanations regarding the team's gameplan, instead of robotically saying "obivously, they're a good team, and obviously we need to be obviously be obvious."

One interesting anecdote I remember Biz giving in an interview, he described how OEL unconventionally (for a defenseman) uses sticks with a massive amount of flex, so he can control his snapshot, and try and pick corners from the point, as opposed to using heavy low flex sticks to bomb wrist shots like most other D-men typically do.

My recall is that he gave good insight as well. I liked Boynton but do think Biz will be an upgrade. I don't think Biz will sugar coat things. I have followed Biz and don't recall him taking shots at Yotes like JR has. And I agree that Nash needs to go. Perhaps Biz should have replaced Nash. Although McConnell says some stupid things at times, at least his voice is tolerable. Nash is a waste of [insert what you want].

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA
Nash is a waste of [insert what you want].

As much as I enjoy listening to Nash's rambling and goofiness, he'll have to throw out most of his material with the housecleaning. All he'd have left in his repertoire are nose and hair jokes.

I vote we replace Nash with Bryz (if we can't replace Walsh with him) :laugh:

McConnel is pretty confusing already, so addinng Bryz would be quite entertaining.

If they're unwilling to give Bryz the job, I suppose Doan could be a decent addition in a year or two (once he realizes that not re-signing him was probably a good move on management's part)

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I like Bissonnette. I think he gets a bad rap. I also think he was an underrated player. I am a fan and I wish him success. I'm glad he got this opportunity and I hope he continues along this path. I'd love to see him on the tv crew some day. Maybe even nationally. Why couldn't he be the next Aaron Ward or Ray Ferraro? Why not?

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona

He pissed me off when he said "it would be exciting to be the team that went back to Canada" and "the fans would be opposite" to us. Screw him. Heeter does nothing for me on the radio either. At least Boynton was the most honest of all the broadcasters. He would have been great with Curt. He was way better than any play by play guy we've had. Hope he's in the new Goon.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
He pissed me off when he said "it would be exciting to be the team that went back to Canada" and "the fans would be opposite" to us. Screw him. Heeter does nothing for me on the radio either. At least Boynton was the most honest of all the broadcasters. He would have been great with Curt. He was way better than any play by play guy we've had. Hope he's in the new Goon.

Those quotes are really lame if true.

Curt was amazing in Goon 1. "That was borderline treasonous, and a disgrace to our great nation. My grandfather didn't fight the nazis-and we're off!"

Sciamachy

Shadow Coyote
Jan 31, 2008
Biz had been with the team about a year and half at the point those comments were made:

http://nationalpost.com/sports/hock...-bad/wcm/6a15199f-8bd5-434c-8350-e4484043ae2d

“I’d be upset to leave here, but I wouldn’t be too upset either way,” Bissonnette told the Arizona Republic

“It would be exciting to be the team that went back to Canada,” he told the newspaper. “C’mon, we’d be treated like gods. I mean, the big difference is the weather. The weather is awful, but you know that, and it’s like everything would be opposite in Canada. The fans would be the opposite. The media would be different. There’s no pressure from the media here, and it only comes from inside the room.”

Nothing untrue about anything he said. To each their own if that gets you upset I guess. But how about changing the thread title to not try and belittle a man who did more for the community while here than most players that have passed through just because he hurt your feelings.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Nothing untrue about anything he said. To each their own if that gets you upset I guess. But how about changing the thread title to not try and belittle a man who did more for the community while here than most players that have passed through just because he hurt your feelings.

Hope he does his job this time. Wasn't much of a grinder or enforcer. I endorse drafting in anyone that's a threat to Nash.

Spirit of Lindgren

Jan 1, 2016
I do think Biz KNOWS a lot.
Remember when he was playing and they were on TV, intermissions Todd Walsh would always go to him for an interview.
One interview that sticks out is the one where Biz was talking about sticks....the bend of them and some fancy talk about that.....

I just hope they are here long term...Man, I sure do..a great distraction from the greatest sports on earth 10,000, 5000, 3000 meter steeplechase, and marathon running.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad