Confirmed with Link: Boyle is a Leaf (2nd, Froese going to TBL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeafsNation149

Feb 4, 2013
Brian Boyle Trade Like or Dislike?

After reading the trade thread, it seems like the board is split on how they feel about the trade.

Simple question, do you like this trade, yes or no?

Thought this poll might be nice to see the actual numbers.

Woodman19

Jun 14, 2008
Options are too extreme. I dislike the price for where we are but I don't "hate" it.

Leafsman

I guess $11M doesn't buy you what it use to
May 22, 2008
Love it!!

Big, badass shutdown 4th line!!! Love it!!

2nds are a crapshoot anyway! I waaaaay rather aid the playoff push! Even a 20 game playoff push would greatly add to the experience of this team.

Center Ice Scrum*

Aug 20, 2010
The World Wide Web
I honestly can't believe people are complaining about this move. Boyle is a veteran presence with big time playoff experience. He's been slotted in as 3C/4C on most teams, for us he's going to be 4C. He wins faceoffs, he kills penalties, he's very mobile and extremely effective with his big size and he's got some offense to boot.

This is a huge move and boost for us this year. And all it cost us is a 2nd and an AHLer. Tampa has a track record of finding gems in the 2nd round, our drafting has been better but let's not pretend like this is some deep draft with can't miss potential players lasting till the 2nd round. I love Hunter and all he does but honestly, the benefits for us out weigh the risks by a great amount. Especially if Boyle re-signs with the team.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
I like it.

Big 4C who is good defensively and on the PK, presumably. Solid leadership figure with deep playoff experience. Will look beastly on the 4th line with Martin.

LeafsLegendAkiBerg

The original great 8
Oct 12, 2006
Where's the meh option? I don't hate it, don't love it. I don't feel uncertain. It's an okay trade but nothing I'm excited about.

If I like anything about this trade it's that we didn't land Burrows today.

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
I like it but I'll like it less if he doesn't end up resigning. If he does resign to a good caphit, I'll love it.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Excellent deal. Said a month or so ago that Boyle would be an excellent target.

blueberrie

Mar 23, 2010
Voted hate. A 2nd rounder for a 4th liner just doesn't make sense to me. If he resigns I'll like it more.

Maybe this opens up a Bozak or JVR deadline deal as well? If Lou recoups a pick or two via them or others I think I could learn to live with it.

blueberrie

Mar 23, 2010
put it this we if we drafted a forward with a 2nd who became a 4th liner people will be disappointed borderline calling him a bust

If we obtain a 2nd we refer to Josi, Subban, Bergeron etc etc.

If we give away a 2nd we refer to the low % of a 2nd rounders who make the NHL.

Jozay

Jul 9, 2012
Toronto
Hate it.

Trading a 2nd rounder for a chance at the playoffs, NOT the cup, is stupid.

I'll take the chance that the 2nd rounder ends up being a good player years from now than a 3rd line center who might not even be here next year.

BayStreetBully

Oct 25, 2007
Toronto

That's the price you pay to make an upgrade. Is anyone really going to cry over a 45th overall pick in a weak draft? Especially when we still already have another 45th overall pick. We just don't have two of them anymore.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto

well the hope is we have good management and scouting now. I trst hunters talent evaluation so i personally would be dissapointed if Grundstrom/korshkov became a 4th liner or dermott a #6 dman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad