Proposal: Boycott the Flyers

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
Ive always been the kinda fan who always roots for a win...even if I disagree with the team. I hated the hack years, but I still rooted for them.

This is the first year i will be kind of annoyed if theyre surprisingly decent...bc I want to see this mess blow up in their face. I want a trainwreck of epic proportions. I want the entire world talking about this organization bc it gets so bad that even non sports fans are invested in watching the drama. I want a flyers joke to be the lead on every late night talk show. I want the "thats 2022 flyers bad" to be a commonly used expression for years to come.

I wont attend games but im excited to watch the shit show.

Hextallent63

Oct 13, 2011
Most people reading this thread might not know how serious an issue the downfall of this team is to a huge part of the fan base. Fans and the players need to come first. Hasn't been thT way in forever because of selfserving, selfritious I know better then you assholes up top.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
You can go to my shop right now and get one, and everyone - EVERYONE - should buy at least three or four. Various colors available.

Try Hard Garbage Shop

Saheg0O.jpg

No Mutineers merchandise?

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
Comcast is a giant.

081468A7-29BD-4B56-8B6D-93B4A783FCCB.png

If one were to buy enough stock in the Comcast corporation, they could be a shareholder of CC which would give one a say at the CC board of governors meeting.

RebusFlyer

May 21, 2017
The market cap of Comcast is approximately $183 Billion (as of yesterday). There are nine members of the Board (if Google is giving accurate info -- and when has Google ever been wrong?). Those board members aren't all invited on the board due to shareholdings of Comcast (my guess is most are not), but one could elbow onto the board by buying a boatload of stock (merely being a stockholder would be unlikely to give you a say at the Board meetings, but your vote at annual meetings could, perhaps be significant.) But my guess is that boatload would have to approach 9%+ of the total stock (think back to the saga of Elon Musk and Twitter) for Comcast to issue an invite to join the board. So, prepare to invest approximately $18 billion.

In that scenario, if you have a spare $18 billion floating around, and your goal is to influence how the Flyers are run, maybe just overpay for the Flyers? According to an article in Forbes, in 2021 the Flyers were valued at $1.2 billion. So, maybe offer them $2 billion (so, it's a 67% overpay -- you don't care, you have a spare $18 billion sitting idle). Here's a link to the Forbes article: NHL Team Values 2021: New York Rangers Become Hockey’s First $2 Billion Team

Last edited:

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Honestly I'd like to say I will but I won't. I'm not paying extra for Center Ice to watch a different team that I don't care about so I'll just suffer and complain and watch them burn to the ground and ultimately lose out on Bedard.

I would have been on board if they said, "look, 2022-23 is going to be a lost year. We're shipping out anyone of value and starting over." Sign me TF up. But instead they make mind boggling moves to trade away draft picks for a dickhead that doesn't play defense and buyout a fan favorite (who also is a useful player on a fair deal). It's a joke and an embarrassment but I'm still going to tune in. Who is the #3 prospect in next year's draft because I guarantee you that's where the Flyers will be picking.

BernieTheGreat1

Sharp, Pointy Teeth
Jul 24, 2011
Camelot
Honestly I'd like to say I will but I won't. I'm not paying extra for Center Ice to watch a different team that I don't care about so I'll just suffer and complain and watch them burn to the ground and ultimately lose out on Bedard.
I would have been on board if they said, "look, 2022-23 is going to be a lost year. We're shipping out anyone of value and starting over." Sign me TF up. But instead they make mind boggling moves to trade away draft picks for a dickhead that doesn't play defense and buyout a fan favorite (who also is a useful player on a fair deal). It's a joke and an embarrassment but I'm still going to tune in. Who is the #3 prospect in next year's draft because I guarantee you that's where the Flyers will be picking.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
The market cap of Comcast is approximately $183 Billion (as of yesterday). There are nine members of the Board (if Google is giving accurate info -- and when has Google ever been wrong?). Those board members aren't all invited on the board due to shareholdings of Comcast (my guess is most are not), but one could elbow onto the board by buying a boatload of stock (merely being a stockholder would be unlikely to give you a say at the Board meetings, but your vote at annual meetings could, perhaps be significant.) But my guess is that boatload would have to approach 9%+ of the total stock (think back to the saga of Elon Musk and Twitter) for Comcast to issue an invite to join the board. So, prepare to invest approximately $18 billion.

In that scenario, if you have a spare $18 billion floating around, and your goal is to influence how the Flyers are run, maybe just overpay for the Flyers? According to an article in Forbes, in 2021 the Flyers were valued at $1.2 billion. So, maybe offer them $2 billion (so, it's a 67% overpay -- you don't care, you have a spare $18 billion sitting idle). Here's a link to the Forbes article: NHL Team Values 2021: New York Rangers Become Hockey’s First $2 Billion Team
@Hollywood Cannon

How are those monorails

Reactions: BernieParent

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA

I don’t think you’ll need to be a board member to have a chance to speak up if they offer preferred stock. But yes, for that strategy, better to buy the team, and please do!

The biggest thing is to not show up at the games. It will hit them hardest and be the most embarrassing if Pens’ games are 50% capacity. The economy should only add to the fact that the team will struggle and likely miss the playoffs again.

flyersnorth

Oct 7, 2019
I've watched so few games over the past few seasons. I'd be surprised if I watched 10 complete games. That's never happened before.

So, yeah, my boycott has already been going on for a while... but it's more of a "I just found more interesting things to do with my time," than anything deliberately about the Flyers.

Shrike

Dec 5, 2019
I've watched so few games over the past few seasons. I'd be surprised if I watched 10 complete games. That's never happened before.

So, yeah, my boycott has already been going on for a while... but it's more of a "I just found more interesting things to do with my time," than anything deliberately about the Flyers.
Same here. Started with the absolute refusal to fire the moron that is Dave Hakstol.

Only Fred Shero and Mike Keenan have coached more games for the Flyer’s than that stupid jackass.

Everything since firing that incompetent fool has been an over correction for Hextall’s failure to initially hire a coach committed to his roster turnover to youth rather than playing older players who were average at hockey and uninspiring and terrible examples for the young players being developed. Who wants Andrew Macdonald and Gudas and Manning giving advice to and setting an example for any young defenseman on how to play in the nhl.

How can you clog a lineup with players like VDV, Filpula, Weiss and Lehtera while younger players with more upside are languishing on the bench and in the minors.

Remember when Hextall said no prospect has ever been hurt by playing too many minor league games? Hextall’s time with the Flyer’s has proven that statement wrong.

F$&k Dave Hakstol
F$&k Chuck Fletcher
F$&k Dave Scott
F$&k Bobby Clarke
F$&k Paul Holmgren
F$&k Comcast
F$&k Bill Barber
F$&k Lombardi
F$&k Ron Hextall
F$&k AV
F$&k Mike Yeo
F$&k The non Jethro Tull Ian Anderson
F$&k Comcast spectacor
F$&k Mikhail Grabovski
F$&k the Flyer’s medical staff

F$&k them. F$&k them all in their stupid asses

orangey

perpetual mediocrity
Aug 9, 2008
Internet
I think Fletch will be fired (and not "promoted") but Clarke and Holmgren will still be around.
Yup. Clarke will just bring in another crony.

Unless, however, Scott shows some balls at some point. Not likely but technically he's the one with power to change all this and tell the over the hill gang to get lost. Probably wont happen but that's my one slight hope; that he's at least smart enough of a businessman to tell something is wrong and a new approach is needed.

OK enough of that fantasy and back to reality. They suck and it's not changing for another 10-15 years. Watch other teams if you still like hockey and they haven't ruined it for you forever.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

IronMarshal

Mar 7, 2002
Langhorne, PA
Visit site
Nah, I hate what they have become. I wouldn‘t boycott them per say. I probably won’t be buying tickets, but I have been a fan since their inception, so I am not going to quit watching at this point. Deadhead, MacLeish, and Sawdalite are older guys like me, I don’t know if they feel the same, but that is how I feel.

Reactions: Lurch

Flyerfan47

Jun 30, 2011
Fire Fletcher, yes, please, ASAP or even sooner. But to help make that happen, don't go to games and generate revenue for Comcast. And don't watch the Flyers, increasing ratings for Comcast. Boycott, boycott, boycott! Apparently, $$ is the only thing that will get the attention of the Comcast brass. So hit'em in the . . . wallet.

Worth a try, no?

p.s. I am glad they didn't use their 1st-rounder to jettison JVR and sign Johnny Gaudreau.

p.p.s. If you absolutely, positively must attend, at least wear a "Fire Fletcher" t-shirt, or a surrepticiously smuggled-in "Fire Fletcher" sign.
Fletcher sucks yes and should have been fired already, but a fan watches his team. Now I won’t spend a dime until this sorry ass ownership is gone

swami24

Jul 24, 2020
All PA liquor stores are called Fine Wine and good Spirits. Picked some Cap'n up at lunch and thought that this site has become Fine Whining and Many Dispirits.

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
Fire Fletcher, yes, please, ASAP or even sooner. But to help make that happen, don't go to games and generate revenue for Comcast. And don't watch the Flyers, increasing ratings for Comcast. Boycott, boycott, boycott! Apparently, $$ is the only thing that will get the attention of the Comcast brass. So hit'em in the . . . wallet.

Worth a try, no?

p.s. I am glad they didn't use their 1st-rounder to jettison JVR and sign Johnny Gaudreau.

p.p.s. If you absolutely, positively must attend, at least wear a "Fire Fletcher" t-shirt, or a surrepticiously smuggled-in "Fire Fletcher" sign.
Opening night have 7500 fans walk out after the first period.

At least will get espn attention and hopefully Scott and the buffoons up top.

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
I think they'll be better than most expect.
Which teams will Flyers be better than in own division?

Carolina and Rangers light years ahead

Pens old but still better

Caps only way Flyers could be better is if Kuemper gets hurt. Not likely not impossible

NYI Assuming they get Kadri and salary dump is not painful its not close. better depth better d better first line better g all to the isles. They will come back big time this year. Opening on the road 13 games was brutal last year.

Columbus with Johnny are better. Their depth stinks but its not like Flyers 4th line is going to scare any one.

NJD Not a playoff team but with additions of Palat and Vanacek, and Marino you would have to take them as of today. If you took Flyers over Devils, I wouldn't flip out. But as of today? Devils are 7th.

Flyers you add York and ADA way better than Yandle and Seeler. You hope Couts and Hayes can stay healthy. But no G and Farabee say out 10 games, work back into shape for 20 games.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Which teams will Flyers be better than in own division?

Carolina and Rangers light years ahead

Pens old but still better

Caps only way Flyers could be better is if Kuemper gets hurt. Not likely not impossible

NYI Assuming they get Kadri and salary dump is not painful its not close. better depth better d better first line better g all to the isles. They will come back big time this year. Opening on the road 13 games was brutal last year.

Columbus with Johnny are better. Their depth stinks but its not like Flyers 4th line is going to scare any one.

NJD Not a playoff team but with additions of Palat and Vanacek, and Marino you would have to take them as of today. If you took Flyers over Devils, I wouldn't flip out. But as of today? Devils are 7th.

Flyers you add York and ADA way better than Yandle and Seeler. You hope Couts and Hayes can stay healthy. But no G and Farabee say out 10 games, work back into shape for 20 games.
All fair points. And they are indeed in a brutal division.

It’s more that most here seem to have them as a bottom 5 team in the league again.

I see them as more of a .500 team that improves as the season progresses, & with a chance that some of their younger players could step up & the team is surprisingly fun to watch.

But hey, if all of their young guys fumble their opportunities, and/or they get crushed by injuries *again* then at least they’ll have a high pick in a good draft.

Reactions: Flyer lurker

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad