Proposal: Boycott the Flyers

RebusFlyer

May 21, 2017
Fire Fletcher, yes, please, ASAP or even sooner. But to help make that happen, don't go to games and generate revenue for Comcast. And don't watch the Flyers, increasing ratings for Comcast. Boycott, boycott, boycott! Apparently, $$ is the only thing that will get the attention of the Comcast brass. So hit'em in the . . . wallet.

Worth a try, no?

p.s. I am glad they didn't use their 1st-rounder to jettison JVR and sign Johnny Gaudreau.

p.p.s. If you absolutely, positively must attend, at least wear a "Fire Fletcher" t-shirt, or a surrepticiously smuggled-in "Fire Fletcher" sign.

Last edited:

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
There are some artists on this forum, no? T-shirt creators?

You can go to my shop right now and get one, and everyone - EVERYONE - should buy at least three or four. Various colors available.

Try Hard Garbage Shop

Saheg0O.jpg

Last edited:

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I'm just saying, if you need your godawful hockey fix, there are ways to watch this team that can't be accounted for in the ratings.

Or, you know, YouTube has good hockey content. Or watch the Marble League. Most competitors there are smarter than Fletcher.
I went down the rabbit hole of watching the marble races tge 1st summer of covid.

Good times! 👍

Kermit the Prog

Threadkiller
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
Greenville, DE
Just waiting for the Oceanics to get back into the main league, instead of donking around in the showdown. #RideTheWave

The Oceanics? Geez, that takes the patience of a saint. Always second division, but I like your allegiance. I hate the Savage Speeders, who are the Yankees of that league. At least my O'Rangers have a ring.

Reactions: BernieParent

CSKA1974

Feb 10, 2010
Flyerville
Fire Fletcher, yes, please, ASAP or even sooner. But to help make that happen, don't go to games and generate revenue for Comcast. And don't watch the Flyers, increasing ratings for Comcast. Boycott, boycott, boycott! Apparently, $$ is the only thing that will get the attention of the Comcast brass. So hit'em in the . . . wallet.

Worth a try, no?

p.s. I am glad they didn't use their 1st-rounder to jettison JVR and sign Johnny Gaudreau.

p.p.s. If you absolutely, positively must attend, at least wear a "Fire Fletcher" t-shirt, or a surrepticiously smuggled in "Fire Fletcher" sign.
How many of us fed up fans right here on this thread? Should we start a letter to Comcast expressing our state of dissatisfaction and disinterest in the current state of the team. Perhaps, have this letter circulating and signed through HB, FB etc.

Do we have a wordsmith that can draft it, so that all of us can electronically sign it? I think our collective promise not to spend a dime on this team might be the message that the owners need to hear.

Evergreen

I will probably do what I’ve been doing the past few seasons and stream a few games at the beginning of the season and then lose interest entirely when I realize what a dog shit team we have and just watch other teams on ESPN+.

04hockey

Sep 28, 2017
Boycott T-H-I-S ..... I'll be watching every game :shakehead
Only 9/10 weeks till Flyers' hockey :cheers:

AndHeMissedTheNet

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Feb 12, 2014
I think now there's as good a chance as ever that Comcast sees the light here, albeit not til at least a good way into the season. The majority of the Flyers fandom has pretty much turned into the HF Flyers board over the past ~48 hours or so and i can't realistically see them doing anything to quiet this outcry over the next month or 2.

Of course, you'll still have the casuals and homers show up to start. As judged by yesterday, they seem set on pandering to the "total f***ing idiot" portion of the Flyers fanbase. I mean, they have to. Val Camillo has invested way too much money into the Gritty NFTs that they plan on selling off to those neanderthals. Once those flop and the idiots stop showing up, that's when they'll pull the plug on this current regime and throw Danny B head-first into the flaming pile of sewage.

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
I think now there's as good a chance as ever that Comcast sees the light here, albeit not til at least a good way into the season. The majority of the Flyers fandom has pretty much turned into the HF Flyers board over the past ~48 hours or so and i can't realistically see them doing anything to quiet this outcry over the next month or 2.

Of course, you'll still have the casuals and homers show up to start. As judged by yesterday, they seem set on pandering to the "total f***ing idiot" portion of the Flyers fanbase. I mean, they have to. Val Camillo has invested way too much money into the Gritty NFTs that they plan on selling off to those neanderthals. Once those flop and the idiots stop showing up, that's when they'll pull the plug on this current regime and throw Danny B head-first into the flaming pile of sewage.
Problem is they need to get the message that it's not just Fletcher and Flahr that need to go. All the people in any capacity of the building of this team need to be weeded out. Clarkie, Homer, Barber, all of them. Along with any other person who had Chuck's ear.

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
I'm a born and raised in South Philly native. I've stayed in the area my entire life. The Flyers were my life-long favorite franchise regardless of sport. Roughly 2 years ago I gave up on them. I absolutely hate them. I could not support Comcast, this regime, or the level of incompetence and disregard for the fans they have.

This offseason though even blew me away more. I thought they had hit rock bottom but nope.

So, yes, a complete boycott is the only way this changes. Corporate slop like Comcast responds to one thing: Revenue. Making it or losing it. The only way to voice your displeasure for this sorry excuse of an organization is to dent Comcast's pocketbook. Period. It's not complaining on here or sharing memes on social. It's by not spending your hard-earned money on tickets or merch, under any circumstances, until Comcast sells or the entire cesspool is drained.

I bailed 2+ years ago. Haven't spent a penny on Flyers stuff. Have turned down FREE 1st level tickets on many occasions. I have no interest in watching them or supporting them under these conditions.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad