Proposal: Boycott the Flyers

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
I think they'll be better than most expect.
1658926479148.png

All fair points. And they are indeed in a brutal division.

It’s more that most here seem to have them as a bottom 5 team in the league again.

I see them as more of a .500 team that improves as the season progresses, & with a chance that some of their younger players could step up & the team is surprisingly fun to watch.

But hey, if all of their young guys fumble their opportunities, and/or they get crushed by injuries *again* then at least they’ll have a high pick in a good draft.
Brutal division with a bottom of division team is almost impossible to be a .500 team

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
View attachment 572894

Brutal division with a bottom of division team is almost impossible to be a .500 team

True, but the teams at the top of the division won’t be quite as good as last season, IMO.

And there’s no reason IMO the Flyers can’t be as good or better than last season’s Blue Jackets, which were .494. Or maybe even last season’s Isles, which went .512.

Dooble08

Jan 12, 2019
True, but the teams at the top of the division won’t be quite as good as last season, IMO.

And there’s no reason IMO the Flyers can’t be as good or better than last season’s Blue Jackets, which were .494. Or maybe even last season’s Isles, which went .512.

The reason is they just don't have the talent to hang with many teams in the East, not just the division. Montreal is the only team I could see being worse than the Flyers in the East.

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell

Really the Rangers and Carolina will be just as good.

Everyone has expected Washington and Pittsburgh to fade for seasons now and it hasn't happened so don't count on it to happen this year.

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
The Flyers will finish dead last in the Metro barring major injuries to New Jersey, like Hughes, or Columbus losing Gaudreau.

The Flyers f***ing blow.
By far the worst team. And since Fletcher's summer of '21, the skill level of the team has cratered.

Gone: Giroux, Voracek, Gostisbehere, Lindblom, Aube-Kubel, Raffl, Patrick, Myers, Hagg, Elliott, Jones, Yandle.

Additions: Ellis, Atkinson, Ristolainen, Dangelo, Deslauriers, MacEwan, Brown, Connauton, Seeler, Thompson, Grosenick.

I'm sure I missed some, but these are the main impact ones. It's been a massive downgrade in talent on top and bottom lines. Lindblom is a better player than Atkinson, who scores in streaks but is often unnoticeable, and they bought him out FFS. Lost two world class forwards, not replaced.

Farabee and Brink injuries, along with questions on the health, durability and speed of Couts and Hayes, and a potential downgrade in goal, make last place in their division the best they can hope for.

If it wasn't for pissing away a boatload of draft picks and offering contracts to garbage RHD, you would almost think Fletcher was trying to do a rebuild and tank for this year's draft.... What a nightmare.

Last edited:

Hextallent63

Oct 13, 2011
By far the worst team. And since Fletcher's summer of '21, the skill level of the team has cratered.

Gone: Giroux, Voracek, Gostisbehere, Lindblom, Aube-Kubel, Raffl, Patrick, Myers, Hagg, Elliott, Jones, Yandle.

Additions: Ellis, Atkinson, Ristolainen, Dangelo, Deslauriers, MacEwan, Brown, Connauton, Seeler, Thompson, Grosenick.

I'm sure I missed some, but these are the main impact ones. It's been a massive downgrade in talent on top and bottom lines. Lindblom is a better player than Atkinson, who scores in streaks but is often unnoticeable, and they bought him out FFS. Lost two world class forwards, not replaced.

Farabee and Brink injuries, along with questions on the health, durability and speed of Couts and Hayes, and a potential downgrade in goal, make last place in their division the best they can hope for.

If it wasn't for pissing away a boatload of draft picks and offering contracts to garbage RHD, you would almost think Fletcher was trying to do a rebuild and tank for this year's draft.... What a nightmare.
heartbreaking, not just skill but likeability. and this is just listing players.

usahockey22flyers

2 years away from being 2 years away
Nov 9, 2009
Philly
I physically have to watch. I have to.

Once things go sour - I’ll be actively rooting and betting against them. I’m not rooting for them to suck tho. But once the bottom falls out - tank City

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
Lindblom better than Atkinson? Wut?

Oskar is easy to root for, but he played a decent amount on the 4th line & was healthy scratched a few times.

He’s kind of a guy without a role. Not a skill player, not fast, not a guy who will hammer you on the forecheck. He’s able to get a few garbage goals & he’s pretty strong on the boards, but he’s a fringe NHLer right now.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia

Pretty sad when things have to go right and things fall into place, just to be a .500 team and miss the playoffs by 16 points like NYI did.

Fixxer

Jul 28, 2016
I think if Pierre-Luc Dubois was traded to Philly, then with Torts… lol
I would encourage people to follow the love story between the crying kid and the tough teacher. lol

Pantokrator

Who's the clown?
Jan 27, 2004
Semmes, Alabama
Flyers will end up being better than New Jersey and Columbus because this is the worst thing to happen to the club this year with the draft. You figure bad things have to happen to make things worse. This is the way.

It will also make the leadership think the team is better than they are when in reality the team is just playing well because of Torts, so they still won't go into rebuild.

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
Pretty sad when things have to go right and things fall into place, just to be a .500 team and miss the playoffs by 16 points like NYI did.
They have the potential to be better, if Frost and Tippett, both now 23, turn into the players they were once projected to be.

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
Just need the 23 year olds to play like they're 27 and all is well.
So there's no responsibility on 23-year-old former hyped first-round picks Frost and Tippett until they are 27?

You've gotta be kidding me. If they're any good, 23 is when they should start hitting their primes.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
So there's no responsibility on 23-year-old former hyped first-round picks Frost and Tippett until they are 27?

You've gotta be kidding me. If they're any good, 23 is when they should start hitting their primes.

1) You've invented the hype. Especially for Tippett, who is the exact opposite of hyped here. That's the strawiest strawman of all.

2) It is laughable to assume that duo can or even should carry the team, especially when there are vastly more cap-expensive players serving as pure dead weight, who will be getting much more prominent usage. And with it being likely that neither gets PP1 usage. All we should expect them to do is produce at a rate appropriate for their age and usage. If they do that, they're doing their part. The problem is the more high profile players who do not do their part.

You're setting up scapegoats to pass the blame to.

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
1) You've invented the hype. Especially for Tippett, who is the exact opposite of hyped here. That's the strawiest strawman of all.

2) It is laughable to assume that duo can or even should carry the team, especially when there are vastly more cap-expensive players serving as pure dead weight, who will be getting much more prominent usage. And with it being likely that neither gets PP1 usage. All we should expect them to do is produce at a rate appropriate for their age and usage. If they do that, they're doing their part. The problem is the more high profile players who do not do their part.

I stand by my Back to ignore.

ok whatever.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I cannot understand why else the season hinges on unreasonable expectations for two young players, and not reasonable expectations per cap-hit for numerous other players. There's no reason to make them the focus that determines if the team succeeds or not. They can play at a good level and take a needed step forward and that's fine. That's enough. And the team can still fail if that happens.

Fixxer

Jul 28, 2016
I support Tortorella and think he represent the Broad Street Bullies attitude. A win#win for the team.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00