Boycott Opening Night

sand1138man

Apr 25, 2007
Everyone around the league should boycott their home openers as a sign that the fans need to be appreciated and that they don't enjoy being treated that garbage. It would be awesome if the players played in front of an empty arena (if just for one game)!!

We really need try to put this in motion, and put it in place not just for the Sabres but all across the NHL. We need to spread this message and make it happen!

So please, DO NOT GO TO OPENING NIGHT!!

Honestly there are too many people who are going to go to the game no matter what....even if the die hard fans boycott the first game, the seats will be filled with whoever they sell their tickets too, and they aren't just going to take a loss in order to make a point

FearTheBeard

Mar 27, 2011
Pegula and Ted are awesome. They've done so much for the community in the little time they've been here. While I may be pissed at the NHL(more-so the players than the owners), I'm not gonna take it out on a Sabres' organization that is revitalizing Buffalo.

This is where I stand as well. I'm proud to be a sabres fan and to have such quality ownership and management is a big part of that. I stand behind them through this lockout, they've already proved to me as a fan that I matter, and am appreciated.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Almost everyone cried for months, now everyone is willing to forgive and forget just like that, even though it is the 3rd time this has happened and the owners and players show no remore towards the fans.

I understand the fans are excited there is hockey again (I am too!), but I am still pissed they put us through this and not so willing to just move on.

In theory, if it was just players and the media it would be quite the visual display, in comparison with a sell-out, where all that it would prove is that Bettman was right, the fans are just puppets.

As for the money, you are right, for a lot of teams the tickets are already paid for. This works better for the lesser market teams where the tickets are not pre-bought, or even Ottawa. I'm not suggesting this is the only thing that people do to hit them in their wallet (I just didn't post it here). Obviously, reducing (or eliminating) the live games you see along with reducing the merchandise sales, will be huge.

I just prefer that we are not having all of these conversations again in 8-10 years (much better than 6 or 7!), but if the fans again show a willingness to flock back in droves, then the players/owners have no reason to care about the fans.

Neither side did this to the fans. They hurt themselves more than "the fans". Its done and over with...move on.

Boycotts are the dumbest thing ever. If you don't want to go...fine..don't go. But spare us from the "jump on the bandwagon" to send the "elites" a message. People are more than capable to determine what they want or don't want all on their own..

A lockout/strike is not good for players nor owners...when they do it..they obviously feel it needs to be done in order to rectify problems in the system... No staged protest is going to change that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad