Boychuks comments

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Last edited:

seabass45

Jan 12, 2007
Boychuk- " I don't think people can take us lightly anymore"

Also asked about having a bigger role." I'm Up for the challenge and I cant wait to get in front of these fans"

Also according to Chad Johnson, Boychuks Shot was the talk of Practice today...

I think we are all going to love this guy.

https://twitter.com/StephenCLorenzo

I forgot that Johnson was his teammate, should help to get him acclimated.

charlie1

It's all McDonald's
Dec 7, 2013
I was thinking he could be a great mentor for Pulock. Both are RHD, both have a cannon, and neither are afraid to throw the body.

Hope they get to spend some time together.

BillD

Feb 12, 2004
Hamonic should watch JB's every move

Exactly. Hammer is a better skater, could play at 220 lbs. and has the snarl and competitiveness. His shot is a heavy one, he just has to learn how to get it through and on net which Manchuck can teach him.

crasherino

May 9, 2013
One of us... one of us...

That always gets me when a player (newly acquired or otherwise) says something along the lines of "They've got a really good team here." Boychuk's been here for a minute and he's already talking "us". Its a stupid, small thing, but I love to see it.

Tavares2TheRescue

#JreeFroadwayBay
Feb 6, 2010
Champaign, IL/LI, NY
That always gets me when a player (newly acquired or otherwise) says something along the lines of "They've got a really good team here." Boychuk's been here for a minute and he's already talking "us". Its a stupid, small thing, but I love to see it.

I try not to put too much into typical PR jargon like this but it's still nice to hear

enigmatic

Fire me please
Jul 7, 2009
nyc
i love how last night he was pissed coming here and now he is one of us..:laugh:...people need to stop over-reacting to every tweet and comment....the guy is a stand-up guy and a true professional....that will not change.....very happy to have him

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
He might have a kirk muller attitude in his head, but put on a happy face, and get your job done to the best of your ability.

That is what millions of people do everyday at their jobs.

islesfan3913

Apr 5, 2011
Orange County, NY
i love how last night he was pissed coming here and now he is one of us..:laugh:...people need to stop over-reacting to every tweet and comment....the guy is a stand-up guy and a true professional....that will not change.....very happy to have him

Exactly. The guy just got traded from a team he spent years with and won a cup with. Of course he's going to have mixed feelings.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
So glad to see Boychuk taking the approach that this is a new beginning and a chance to play a bigger role.

scott99

May 13, 2005
I think this is huge, and after the team starts winning, I can see him signing with us. Also excited that him and Leddy have been getting PP time in practice already. Boychuck isn't just a thumper, I believe he scored double digit goals and 60+ points one year in the AHL. He may actually chip in 5+ goals and 30+ points along with his toughness.

BroadwayJay*

I think this is huge, and after the team starts winning, I can see him signing with us. Also excited that him and Leddy have been getting PP time in practice already. Boychuck isn't just a thumper, I believe he scored double digit goals and 60+ points one year in the AHL. He may actually chip in 5+ goals and 30+ points along with his toughness.

30 points would represent a career high for him by 7 points.

Sheva7

Work Hahd Play Smaht
Oct 11, 2011

If he gets more PP time here than he did in BOS, then it's totally possible. But even if he doesn't, it's not a big deal.

Man, Friday can't come fast enough :yo:

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010
I saw this thread title and thought, "Ruh Roh...". Visions of Vanek cheesing on the club at a bad time... Much relieved on reading. I want this guy signed, bad. 7 years, I don't care just do it.

Richie Daggers Crime

Boosted 9 times double masked they/them
Mar 8, 2004
Boise
Don't get me wrong... I'm glad the Isles picked up this guy because the alternative is players like Strait and Carkner. This guy is just a nice, solid player. But, I don't get the gushing. It's not like Snow picked up Nicklas Lidstrom. I don't see anyway that signing him to a 7 year deal would make a lick of sense, for example.

RWWallpaper

Mar 9, 2006
He's the type of player all great teams need to win...and represents something we have not had in quite some time. I'd offer him upwards of 6 per over 5 years without blinking an eye.

rikker

Jun 6, 2003
Visit site
He's the type of player all great teams need to win...and represents something we have not had in quite some time. I'd offer him upwards of 6 per over 5 years without blinking an eye.

i hear you. if AMac can get $5mil per year, Manchuk could get $6mil

RWWallpaper

Mar 9, 2006
Wow, really? That would put him like top 12 in the league amongst defensemen. That would be silly, IMO.

i hear you. if AMac can get $5mil per year, Manchuk could get $6mil

This...

...and if you look at the trend with regard to what top 4 defeseman are fetching on July 1st the past few years, 6 million per will be a bargain by the time the contract is done.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad