Injury Report: Boychuk

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
I have a feeling Boychuk likes to hide injuries and play through pain, he needs to be honest and transparent about his health he is a core player to this team.

Than again, he just passed his physical, so what gives with this guy?

TheWhiteWhale30

Dec 3, 2007
Im worried. This shouldve been taken care of during the summer. The fact its been "a while" already is what scares me.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
I have a feeling Boychuk likes to hide injuries and play through pain, he needs to be honest and transparent about his health he is a core player to this team.

Than again, he just passed his physical, so what gives with this guy?

From what I've heard, Ladd is the same way. Hopefully these contracts don't bite us in the ass.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Also, I'd rather have no Boychuk than an injured Boychuk to be honest. He was **** last year.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
I'm not worried.
You should be, I bet this has been nagging him for a while. If it didn't heal over the offseason, will it heal at all?

Edit: I bet it's the shoulder he injured in Buffalo(?) last year and I wager he'll have to get surgery on it at some point this year.

Probably an early retirement/LTIR guy.

Isles Maineac

Jan 16, 2013
Gorham, ME
Failing to re-sign Strait is going to come back to haunt us this season. I'm wondering if we can see if WPG is willing to trade him to us. Nelson and a 2017 2nd should get it done.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Failing to re-sign Strait is going to come back to haunt us this season. I'm wondering if we can see if WPG is willing to trade him to us. Nelson and a 2017 2nd should get it done.

I dount Winnipeg is willing to trade a top pairing D they just signed this offseason. :sarcasm:

LetsGoIslanders

Mar 6, 2005
NYC
I'm missing the big deal. Pelech looked like a more than decent NHLer before his Thoracic Outlet Syndrome issue, and he should be back to 100%. That's not something that nags players. You have surgery to correct it, and it generally works out. The Islanders haven't been obsessive like Mike Babcock about L/R defensemen, and they've done fine with it.

You now have Mayfield as your number 7 defenseman.

I love it. You now have fans saying they should've re-signed Brian Strait. It's so Islanders.

Isles Maineac

Jan 16, 2013
Gorham, ME
I'm missing the big deal. Pelech looked like a more than decent NHLer before his Thoracic Outlet Syndrome issue, and he should be back to 100%. That's not something that nags players. You have surgery to correct it, and it generally works out. The Islanders haven't been obsessive like Mike Babcock about L/R defensemen, and they've done fine with it.

You now have Mayfield as your number 7 defenseman.

I love it. You now have fans saying they should've re-signed Brian Strait. It's so Islanders.

I'm among those that said (sardonically, mind you) we should have re-signed him. Clearly, he was the reason this team made the playoffs three of the last four seasons. :shakehead

eoin92

Jun 14, 2013

Holy under payment batman. This is the warrior you're talking about. A second does not get it done.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad