Proposal: Boychuk to the Wild?

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
According to Son of Marshmont you are not in need of this.

But in case you are - Adam McQuaid.

He can definitely defend himself but SOM follows the Wild as closely as he does the Bruins and is far more knowledgable than many on this board when it comes to discussing the team and their needs.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
Boychuk has more value to Boston than I anticipated it would seem. I was thinking a package around Zucker and 2nd/3rd would get the convo started, but it appears I was wrong eh?

Yes.

Kelly is the guy we're trying to give away for scraps (not that Zucker is a scrap).

Boychuk on the other hand, is someone I'd think could fetch a nice return. Lots of teams could use a guy like him, so I'd like to think there would be a number of teams bidding against each other for his services.

veganbruin

Sep 20, 2013
Boston, MA
I just don't see who eats those minutes once Boychuck departs. Unless Trotman or Morrow is ready, I don't see an option cheaper or as effective as Boychuck this season. How about Quaider for a good wing prospect?

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
FWIW

Bruins shopping defenseman Boychuk?
The Boston Bruins are looking to free up some salary cap space and appear to be shopping defenseman Johnny Boychuk in order to create some room.

According to multiple sources, the Bruins are looking to shed some salary and Boychuk and his $3.366 million salary are on the block.

It's believed the Calgary Flames, Minnesota Wild and Colorado Avalanche are among the teams interested in Boychuk.

http://www.thefourthperiod.com/news/bos140702.html

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
FWIW

The Boston Bruins are looking to free up some salary cap space and appear to be shopping defenseman Johnny Boychuk in order to create some room.

According to multiple sources, the Bruins are looking to shed some salary and Boychuk and his $3.366 million salary are on the block.

It's believed the Calgary Flames, Minnesota Wild and Colorado Avalanche are among the teams interested in Boychuk.

ah there it is. Makes sense, let's see what would be coming back.

kdog82

Oct 6, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
I'd trade Boychuck if the team he's dealt to takes Kelly also.

Frees up 6.3 mil and a decent player comes back in the trade also.

MattFromFranklin

Fire Sweeney and Neely
Jun 19, 2012
Franklin, MA
FWIW

Too bad Feaster is no longer the GM in Calgary. We just might have been able to get someone like Monahan. :sarcasm:

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
With Iginla gone, we could use a RH shot of our wings. Eriksson, Lucic, Smith, Marchand are all LH shots with two vacant slots in our top 9.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
If the Bruins can get Kelly to waive for Edmonton.

Boychuk + Kelly

for

Perron

If they feel that they absolutely have to move Boychuk then this is a deal that would make a ton of sense for both teams.

Lucic-Krejci-Perron
Marchand-Bergy-Smith
Fraser-Yeti-Loui
Paille-Campbell-Spooner

Chara-Dougie
Seids-McQuaid
Krug-Miller
whoever

really hate to lose Boychuk but like I said, if it's inevitable then Perron is a player who I think would fit really well here. Crafty guy who plays with some edge. He and Marchand trolling people shift after shift would be a riot.

Last edited:

qc

Aug 23, 2011
With Iginla gone, we could use a RH shot of our wings. Eriksson, Lucic, Smith, Marchand are all LH shots with two vacant slots in our top 9.

I wonder if Chia hinting towards the possibility of giving "1 or 2" youngins a chance to "pop" = Spooner on the RW

Neely08

Mar 9, 2006
North of Boston
FWIW

Better be a homerun, Chia.

Who comes to the rescue out of Providence? Warsofsky? Wow, does his name really spell out -- wars of sky? Sounds like a Jedi for sure. Why can't it be - wars of ice?

Based on recent events, I have no desire to see weak links in the D kill us again.

DitClapper

May 15, 2014

Boychuk + Kelly

for

Perron

This is one deal I'd be fine with coming back to Boston. Even better we dump Kelly. Perron is a proven top 6, and maybe he can get the Habs off of their game on some level. He'd put up big numbers with Krejci and Lucic. Quality for quality.

Dan the bruiser*

If they feel that they absolutely have to move Boychuk then this is a deal that would make a ton of sense for both teams.

Lucic-Krejci-Perron
Marchand-Bergy-Smith
Fraser-Yeti-Loui
Paille-Campbell-Spooner

Chara-Dougie
Seids-McQuaid
Krug-Miller
whoever

really hate to lose Boychuk but like I said, if it's inevitable then Perron is a player who I think would fit really well here. Crafty guy who plays with some edge. He and Marchand trolling people shift after shift would be a riot.
My friend is working in the sport media and said that Perron is a scum for real.

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site

Boychuk + Kelly

for

Perron

That still really feels like you are paying for big numbers on a garbage team Perron, versus the guy you will likely get which is closer to what he was in St Louis. A solid producer on the 3rd line (17-20 goals, 25 assists)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad