Boychuk boarding on Eichel

Not Sure

Feb 8, 2016
Buffalo
Man get over it. Boychuk isn't "dirty," hes a tough physical player that crosses the line sometimes.

Umm that's a dirty player. I think Eichel turned at the last minute and made the hit worse then it was going to be, he got 2 mins for it Eichel isn't hurt I'm fine with all of that. But saying someone isn't a dirty player because they only cross the line sometimes is pretty bad. Gudas only crosses the line sometimes, Torres only crossed the line sometimes, what are you trying to say?

Bones Malone

Game Player
Oct 22, 2010
Buffalo
Tell that to mackinnon when he was going up against crosby. Crosby made 1 quick move to put mackinnon on his butt and then turned towards the net and made a quick pass setting up a great scoring chance.

Mac not in good position if he's on his butt. You must have missed that part.

You're right though, Crosby going head first into the boards would have been a better outcome :shakehead

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Umm that's a dirty player. I think Eichel turned at the last minute and made the hit worse then it was going to be, he got 2 mins for it Eichel isn't hurt I'm fine with all of that. But saying someone isn't a dirty player because they only cross the line sometimes is pretty bad. Gudas only crosses the line sometimes, Torres only crossed the line sometimes, what are you trying to say?

Boychuk is a completely clean player.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
TIL don't be shifty because you are responsible for being able to see thru the back of your skull

He's responsible for putting himself in a vulnerable position, yes. No one is saying it's not worthy of a boarding penalty.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009

You were saying?

Where he's trying to hit the stick but misses? Not sure what you're trying to prove here..

Anyways, this is more on Eichel than Boychuck. Never turn your back to a player that close to the boards.

Tim Vezina Thomas

Jun 4, 2009

No its not a dirty player. Don't really know what to say to you if you're talking about Boychuk and Torres in the same sentence.

And crossing the line sometimes results in a penalty.... not sure what else you want me to say. Boychuk has gotten plenty of penalties, I would absolutely not call that a "dirty player."

Bergeron had a nasty hit a week or two ago that resulted in a penalty, does that make him a dirty player?

Edmonton East

BUT the ADvaNCEd STatS...
Nov 25, 2007
Players need to stop putting themselves in these situations.

Still a 2 minute penalty, though.

Tim Vezina Thomas

Jun 4, 2009
TIL don't be shifty because you are responsible for being able to see thru the back of your skull

Torres is dirty, Marchand is dirty, Cooke is dirty, Kaleta is dirty.

Boychuk is not dirty, although he crosses the line sometimes which results in penalties.

Chardo

Apr 27, 2007
Crossing what line? Boychuk plays 20 minutes a night for 8 years, and averages half a minute in penalties. He had one non-fighting major in his career, 7 years ago. He has had 2 fights in the last 5 years, both with Scott Hartnall (a known agitator which Boychuk has fought 3 times). What line does he ever cross?

Disengage

Nov 11, 2007
A minor boarding penalty aka exactly what just happened. :laugh:

I guess we all have different definitions of dirty. Having seen Boychuk for many years he is absolutely not dirty IMO.

Then you didn't watch the video I've posted of him chopping Vanek on the knee.

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
It was reckless and dangerous but not malicious... so fine by NHL interpretation, only 2 minutes because Eichel went head first into the boards and would have been nothing otherwise...the push to disrupt the puck carrier is what everyone does.

Minor hockey that is a suspension...turning last minute is no excuse.

Not Sure

Feb 8, 2016
Buffalo
I have many times, hes quite clearly going for his stick. Maybe he hit his knee by accident but its not exactly Boychuks MO to be chopping at someones knee.

He plays hockey for a living, he knew exactly what he was doing. You don't miss the stick and hit a knee on accident, especially when the stick is on the opposite side of Vaneks body protecting the puck.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
He plays hockey for a living, he knew exactly what he was doing. You don't miss the stick and hit a knee on accident, especially when the stick is on the opposite side of Vaneks body protecting the puck.

People accidentally slash people in the wrong spot almost every single game.

Disengage

Nov 11, 2007
I have many times, hes quite clearly going for his stick. Maybe he hit his knee by accident but its not exactly Boychuks MO to be chopping at someones knee.

Right, because it makes sense to slash from the side away from where he's protecting the puck.

Not Sure

Feb 8, 2016
Buffalo
People accidentally slash people in the wrong spot almost every single game.

So where did he "mean" to slash him? The ankle, the hand, the wrist? I definitely wasn't the stick, because that was on the other side of his body with the puck. You are still describing a dirty player in your attempts to call him not a dirty player.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
Mac not in good position if he's on his butt. You must have missed that part.

You're right though, Crosby going head first into the boards would have been a better outcome :shakehead

Read what was qouted. He said that eichel was in an area of the ice that does not have a chance of scoring so there was no need to go for the hit. Crosby vs mackinnon were in pretty much the exact same spot on the ice.

Bones Malone

Game Player
Oct 22, 2010
Buffalo

It's Vanek's fault for having his knee there. He should know if you have knees, players are going to slash them and it's on Vanek to keep his knees out of the way of players swinging their sticks.

Ignore the fact that he's trying to play hockey there. We need more players desperately trying to stop the guy with the puck even if odds of injuring him by doing so are 10:1.

Bones Malone

Game Player
Oct 22, 2010
Buffalo
Read what was qouted. He said that eichel was in an area of the ice that does not have a chance of scoring so there was no need to go for the hit. Crosby vs mackinnon were in pretty much the exact same spot on the ice.

The play that was talked about was not scored from the boards. The pass to set up whoever scored was made from there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad