Boychuk boarding on Eichel

nmbr_24

Jun 8, 2003
Visit site
Crossing the line into what? You're describing a dirty player.

Boychuk is pretty damn far from a dirty player, he isn't as dirty as Sidney Crosby or Malkin, or PK Subban, or Jamie Benn, or Shea Weber, I could go on and on. The only line he crosses is he will commit minor penalties once in a while. Boychuk just does not play the game that way.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
Then you didn't watch the video I've posted of him chopping Vanek on the knee.

Going for the stick, got the knee instead because of Vanek's positioning. It was a 2 minute penalty, but nothing else. It's not a dirty play.

If you want dirty plays, let's talk about the hand whacks that players like Gionta and Larsson perform every night that are at least waist high while someone is skating by them. They surely aren't going for the sticks right there.

As for the Boychuk incident, it's an unfortunate play where Eichel was trying to maneuver himself away from Boychuk. Boychuk read it and played the body. It stinks Eichel went head-first into the boards, but all the players on the ice knew it wasn't intentional to drive him head first. Eichel took the risk and got caught. It's done and over with and the penalty in the game was enough.

Time to move on.

BowieSabresFan

Nov 18, 2010
Going for the stick, got the knee instead because of Vanek's positioning. It was a 2 minute penalty, but nothing else. It's not a dirty play.

If you want dirty plays, let's talk about the hand whacks that players like Gionta and Larsson perform every night that are at least waist high while someone is skating by them. They surely aren't going for the sticks right there.

As for the Boychuk incident, it's an unfortunate play where Eichel was trying to maneuver himself away from Boychuk. Boychuk read it and played the body. It stinks Eichel went head-first into the boards, but all the players on the ice knew it wasn't intentional to drive him head first. Eichel took the risk and got caught. It's done and over with and the penalty in the game was enough.

Time to move on.

That particular play by Boychuck on Vanek was an extremely hard, overhand chop where he had little chance of getting Vanek's stick in the first place. It wasn't dirty persay, but it was definitely reckless, and you are underplaying it a good bit to make some kind of point. Larsson and Gionta are irrelevant, because pretty much every player in the league does the same.

Saying that, the call on the ice was a correct one in the Eichel/Boychuck incident. 2 minute boarding penalty, and nothing more.

Nordique

Add smoked meat, and we have a deal.
Aug 11, 2005
Ohio
Boychuk is pretty damn far from a dirty player, he isn't as dirty as Sidney Crosby or Malkin, or PK Subban, or Jamie Benn, or Shea Weber, I could go on and on. The only line he crosses is he will commit minor penalties once in a while. Boychuk just does not play the game that way.

I won't completely agree, as I've had issue with some of his hits in the past. But I'm not dredging up video and building a case.

I don't see any malicious intent in that hit on Eichel. Its unfortunate when those plays happen, but seriously we have to let these guys play the game and that means contact.

stepdad gaary

Dec 5, 2011
He immediately started talking to Jack, presumably to apologize/make sure he's okay.

he loves apologizing after dirty **** so you might as well ignore the apology

you can see him ask malkin if he is "ok" at 37 seconds. Hilarious stuff.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad