Speculation: Bowman to be named GM of 2022 Team US Olympic team

Brightwing

Oct 1, 2019
Kane gets the C, right? I mean he captained at World's the last couple of years and was on the 2010 silver medal team. I'm trying to think who else would be in the running.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Bowman hasn’t really done a great or even a good job for a few years now. Blame the Cap situation all you want, but that’s partly his mess and fault too.

With that said I have no idea who his competition for this position was.

Reactions: BobbyJet

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Bowman hasn’t really done a great or even a good job for a few years now. Blame the Cap situation all you want, but that’s partly his mess and fault too.

With that said I have no idea who his competition for this position was.

The Hawks have drafted well the past few years and have made some smart signings. Perfect? Obviously not but the Hawks are obviously improving in the short and long term.

Reactions: Kaners Bald Spot

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
The Hawks have drafted well the past few years and have made some smart signings. Perfect? Obviously not but the Hawks are obviously improving in the short and long term.

I mean he fell ass backwards into a 3rd OA pick. We will see about the rest.

The overpayments by him have really hurt this team over the years.

Reactions: x Tame Impala

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
I mean he fell ass backwards into a 3rd OA pick. We will see about the rest.

The overpayments by him have really hurt this team.

Which ones are those?

He picked Dach over the others. Boqvist looks really good so far along with the quite a few others.

Like I said before it has not been perfect but anyone with a brain knows this team is improving and the future is not dim at all.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Which ones are those?

He picked Dach over the others. Boqvist looks really good so far along with the quite a few others.

Like I said before it has not been perfect but anyone with a brain knows this team is improving and the future is not dim at all.

Seabrook being the biggest issue.

I’m sorry I’m not going to praise a guy for nailing the 3rd OA pick.

Just because the team is improving now doesn’t mean he’s done a good job.

Reactions: x Tame Impala

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN

Oh I thought you were talking about something new on the contract side.

The last sentence is just funny and wrong. The improvements are a direct result of his work.

Reactions: Pez68

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL

How does this make sense? So when the team sucks, it's the GM's fault. When the team improves, he's not doing a good job?

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Only in Chicago would a GM who helped bring three championships to the city, be less respected than Coach Ditka. Who was by all accounts, a f***ing terrible head coach.
There are still people *cough BWC* that think that Tallon was responsible for the 3 cups because he was GM when 19/88 were drafted, while forgetting that Bowman was Asst. GM then. I'm sure he was part of the decision making process, even if he didn't make the decision.

In reality, Mike Smith, Tallon and Stan Bowman all had a part in the cups.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
There are still people *cough BWC* that think that Tallon was responsible for the 3 cups because he was GM when 19/88 were drafted, while forgetting that Bowman was Asst. GM then. I'm sure he was part of the decision making process, even if he didn't make the decision.

First cup, yes. The second two are all Bowman. The team had to be completely torn down after 2010 because of the cap, and built back up. Bowman did a fantastic job surrounding the core players with the talent necessary to win two more. These arguments are so dumb.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
How does this make sense? So when the team sucks, it's the GM's fault. When the team improves, he's not doing a good job?

Because this team had reached a point that their on ice performance so was bad because we had so little depth that it could only get better.

I’m not completely anti-Bowman, I recognize he was a vital role to multiple Cups.... but lately he hasn’t been doing a great job IMO.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Because this team had reached a point that their on ice performance so was bad because we had so little depth that it could only get better.

I’m not completely anti-Bowman, I recognize he was a vital role to multiple Cups.... but lately he hasn’t been doing a great job IMO.

This is the reality of the salary cap. Build team, pay your core guys, suffer cap casualties, core guys age/retire, you suck, rebuild...

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
B801709A-2C68-4A18-99E0-A1FCC37248A0.jpeg
Only in Chicago would a GM who helped bring three championships to the city, be less respected than Coach Ditka. Who was by all accounts, a f***ing terrible head coach.

Reactions: Pez68

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can

As did many others from scouting to the trainer but Bowman was mostly along for the ride after the core of the team was mostly established.
Tallon doesn't get much credit here but I guarantee if players who lived it were asked Tallon's name would often be mentioned.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00