Recalled/Assigned: Bowman sent to Hamilton

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
An argument can be made that Beaulieu has it right this time round.

I'm not questioning his right to send the message, just the manner in which is was made and not keeping it confidential -- unless doing so was his way of forcefully telling Bergevin that he wants out, even if he holds no leverage.

This isn't the first player who felt obliged to talk with MB. :shakehead
Nate has no FN clue what they expect out of him.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Hummmm ... I had my doubts that Beaulieu wouldn't go down quietly:

Why did Beaulieu talk to Bergevin directly, why not have his agent handle it?

And, why not keep his conversation private -- did he have to tell the media about it?

Nate the ingrate -- reminds of last year's Beaulieu, the one who reacted poorly when he was assigned to the AHL and who was not immediately recalled after the Olympic break.

Did Nate pull a Patrick on Bergevin, minus Patrick's huge shadow?

Échange-moé, stie! :sarcasm:

Unless there's more info than a one-line tweet, I'd assume Bergevin initiated the conversation as a normal policy when players are moved up and down. It's basic management to talk to an employee and explain the nature of any change that's made.

I'm not seeing any drama behind the original quote, unless there was more to it.

optimus2861

Aug 29, 2005
Bedford NS
it didn't even say what he and bergevin talked about... could be nothing
Could be simply, "What do I have to do better in order to be recalled, and what do I have to do better to stay up here after I'm recalled?"

Even if it was, "Why in hell am I being demoted in favor of Allen? Everyone can see already he's barely half the player that either I or Jared are," you know... I wouldn't blame him. He's dead right. Bergevin starts the season saying it's a transition year, expect a step back, etc, then goes & acquires two old dinosaurs, watches Therrien play them, and demotes the prospects. Tinordi & Beaulieu are getting very mixed messages this season and have to be confused about what their career paths are.

habs03

Subban #Thoroughbred
Jun 21, 2010
Could be simply, "What do I have to do better in order to be recalled, and what do I have to do better to stay up here after I'm recalled?"

Even if it was, "Why in hell am I being demoted in favor of Allen? Everyone can see already he's barely half the player that either I or Jared are," you know... I wouldn't blame him. He's dead right. Bergevin starts the season saying it's a transition year, expect a step back, etc, then goes & acquires two old dinosaurs, watches Therrien play them, and demotes the prospects. Tinordi & Beaulieu are getting very mixed messages this season and have to be confused about what their career paths are.

I'm not a fan of the he is better than Allen, Bouillon, whoever excuse, being better than someone that sucks is the best way to say that you should be in the NHL.

He and Tinordi still are developing so many some AHL will do them good.

I mean specially with Beaulieu, I mean if he was tearing up the AHL or was an All start there I would understand but I don't even think he proven to be an impact player on the Dogs.

Also how are Bealieau and Tinordi confused, I mean do you really think that if they reviewed their start to the year that they would say that they have been great, and when sent down in the AHL had complete dominated down there...?

JayKing

Go Habs Go
Dec 30, 2011
Montreal
Hummmm ... I had my doubts that Beaulieu wouldn't go down quietly:

Why did Beaulieu talk to Bergevin directly, why not have his agent handle it?

And, why not keep his conversation private -- did he have to tell the media about it?

Nate the ingrate -- reminds of last year's Beaulieu, the one who reacted poorly when he was assigned to the AHL and who was not immediately recalled after the Olympic break.

Did Nate pull a Patrick on Bergevin, minus Patrick's huge shadow?

Échange-moé, stie! :sarcasm:

that quote says absolutely nothing. You're just trying to find **** where there isn't **** to find.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Why the love for Beaulieu? I watch him play and he still plays like a rookie. He chases the play, get caught out of position often and I feel he thinks he deserves to be in the NHL without really deserving it. (My opinion)

He needs to step up his defensive game significantly.

You mean swarming the puck? That's our defensive system bro.. You only notice it with beaulieu cause he's the only one besides Subban who can skate smoothly on the back end.

Analyzer*

Nate is kind of a whiny beeatch isn't he?

Not really.

Bergevin stated at the start of the season that they needed to make room for their young dman to play.

He goes and acquires 2 ****** dman, none of the kids get to play.

Making room for next year ? Not bad, but don't give two ****** veterans to a ****** coach who's only going to play those idiots.

Are we trying to tank ?

Gonchar and Allen should both be in the AHL.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Unless there's more info than a one-line tweet, I'd assume Bergevin initiated the conversation as a normal policy when players are moved up and down. It's basic management to talk to an employee and explain the nature of any change that's made.

It could be a host of possibilitilies. Only part that is irksome, is why some reporter should bring it up at this juncture. There have been several demotions since the start of the season and any encounter that took place between Bergevin and a demoted player, was not revealed to the media or was not reported upon.

I agree that we can't make this into more than it is. Guess it's easy to connect some dots, given what was reported about Beaulieu last year. But, I agree that we'd only be extrapolating.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
The only person that he should be pissed at is himself. He played 14 games but didn't show enough to stay up in the NHL.

Going down to the AHL at 21-22 isn't a big deal at all.

I don't disagree with you and said much the same myself.

That being said, when the coach tells you to get a place, you think you've made the team. To have them send you down seems a bit rough and would make anyone mad. He wasn't great but he wasn't as bad as Allen and Gilbert either.

habs03

Subban #Thoroughbred
Jun 21, 2010
I don't disagree with you and said much the same myself.

That being said, when the coach tells you to get a place, you think you've made the team. To have them send you down seems a bit rough and would make anyone mad. He wasn't great but he wasn't as bad as Allen and Gilbert either.

Hard to believe the coach would tell him to get a place without the GM knowing.

Bergevin at the start of the year said it was up to Tinordi and Beaulieu on who plays or not. Also I think in one of the 24CH it showed Tinordi taken Tiker and Nate to the rink from the hotel, so I doubt they were told to get their own place.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006

Bergevin at the start of the year said it was up to Tinordi and Beaulieu on who plays or not. Also I think in one of the 24CH it showed Tinordi taken Tiker and Nate to the rink from the hotel, so I doubt they were told to get their own place.

I'm just repeating what I heard at the beginning of the season after Beau made the team out of camp. Much the same way Bournival was told the same thing the year before. I don't know for a fact it happened but in either case, it must be frustrating to go from Montreal to Hamilton and see older players getting played for playing the same if not worse than you.

I'm not defending Beau. He only has himself to blame for his play but I can see why it would be frustrating. Maybe I'm too empathetic for some people here ;)

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
if the demotions were merited, it would make more sense...

problem is that neither Tinordi nor Beaulieu were playing poorly enough to justify the team going out and bringing in 8M$ worth of bottom-pairing caliber veteran dmen.

the small bump in performance output is not worth the yo-yo effect on the young player's confidence... with what MB said in the offseason about focusing on long term and developing youth, makes it pretty hard for either of them to see the demotion in a positive light.

Tinordi seems more inclined to keep a positive outlook, Beaulieu appears to be more pouty about it... neither response is by definition "better". many a great athlete did not take well to being demoted, especially when their play didn't warrant it.

More interesting at this point is to see how MB handles it.

at what point does Beaulieu's "attitude" get considered too negative... and turn him into trade bait?

would not be the least bit surprised if his name is already being used in trade talks.

playing with fire....

void

Jan 5, 2006

That wasn't a hotel. It was a condo building in Quartier Dix30.

habs03

Subban #Thoroughbred
Jun 21, 2010
I'm just repeating what I heard at the beginning of the season after Beau made the team out of camp. Much the same way Bournival was told the same thing the year before. I don't know for a fact it happened but in either case, it must be frustrating to go from Montreal to Hamilton and see older players getting played for playing the same if not worse than you.

I'm not defending Beau. He only has himself to blame for his play but I can see why it would be frustrating. Maybe I'm too empathetic for some people here ;)

For Bourvial, I don't think he was ever sent down, unless it was just for a condition stint, and I do remember him being told he would be staying and to get a place.

Never read anything Beaulieu or Tinner being told that.

I mean they were given a chance without any pressure of vets early in the year. These vet dmen were only brought in after.

habs03

Subban #Thoroughbred
Jun 21, 2010
That wasn't a hotel. It was a condo building in Quartier Dix30.

Possible, but I remember it looking a lot like the building last year where Beaulieu was picked up from the air port and dropped out at a hotel after being called up.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
For Bourvial, I don't think he was ever sent down, unless it was just for a condition stint, and I do remember him being told he would be staying and to get a place.

Never read anything Beaulieu or Tinner being told that.

I mean they were given a chance without any pressure of vets early in the year. These vet dmen were only brought in after.

I never said Tinner was told that even though you keep mentioning that.

Possible, but I remember it looking a lot like the building last year where Beaulieu was picked up from the air port and dropped out at a hotel after being called up.

PK lives in Le Crystal which is condos and hotel rooms. Not uncommon and doesn't mean PK isn't here to stay either :sarcasm:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
if the demotions were merited, it would make more sense...

problem is that neither Tinordi nor Beaulieu were playing poorly enough to justify the team going out and bringing in 8M$ worth of bottom-pairing caliber veteran dmen.

I don't know that MB brought in $8M of D as if the guys he brought in were those he'd really be spending that money on, if he were able to acquire them without sending undesirable contracts or players the other way. This is MB killing two birds with one stone. Also, MB figured that if they don't pan out, he has a safety net in the form of Tinordi-Beaulieu, while having cleared cap room for next year. Focusing on Allen-Gonchar in isolation, overly distorts the picture, IMO.

GREMLIN

Tanking enthusiast
Sep 19, 2013
Bournival was told he could start looking for a place because he deserved it and they knew his attitude wouldnt change throughout the year, he's that kinda kid.

I dont recall reading anything on Beaulieu being told to look for a place in Mtl.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad