Confirmed with Link: Bowman given two-year contract extension, thru 2017-18

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
I didn't know that Bowman is the youngest GM in the NHL. Makes the decision back in 2010 to hire him even more ballsy.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
The ever essential piece is locked up, not Toews, not Kane, not Keith but the great Bowman, hope he continues to win Cups for this team with his amazing performances.

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
The ever essential piece is locked up, not Toews, not Kane, not Keith but the great Bowman, hope he continues to win Cups for this team with his amazing performances.

*Team loses season-opener 3-2, in a 15-round shootout"

"FIRE BOWMAN! (Part 6)"

Sevanston

Dec 27, 2009
NYC
When was the last time you saw Bowman throw a hit? This team doesn't need anymore softies.

But I'm glad to have him around anyway. Great work, Stan. Few people have managed to bring your silver namesake to this city, but you've helped do it twice.

madgoat33

May 16, 2010
one more good year from the hawks and he's pretty clearly a top 3 gm in the league IMO.

LarmerSavardSecord

Jun 12, 2010
Wicker Park

This is so right. GMs don't matter. It's easy, just start with a few great players, make some timely trades, stock the pipeline while drafting late to build a top 5-10 system, fire a bad coach for a very good one one and watch them win cups in the box with your suit on. You would have to be an idiot not to win two cups in four year and have your team with the best long-term outlook in the league

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Can we really win another cup with Bowman as our starting goalie?

Bowman should trade for a legit starting tender like Sather or Nonis

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
No, classic you guys. I can't praise him. I can't ingore it. So **** it.

Why can't you praise him? He has done a great job with this team since he's been here, whether it's re-signing guys, drafting essential pieces, trading for essential pieces, and not trading essential pieces.

He's a great GM, sorry you can't see that.

Ace Rothstein

Aces High
Mar 13, 2012
I wonder if Stan negotiated a pay increase for the next 3 years as well. I figured he wouldn't get too long of an extension since he was already signed for 3 years but he probably deserves something more than just an extension.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Why can't you praise him? He has done a great job with this team since he's been here, whether it's re-signing guys, drafting essential pieces, trading for essential pieces, and not trading essential pieces.

He's a great GM, sorry you can't see that.

You misread what I said. It's all I have been doing for months upon months.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad