Bow down to Price

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
I'd like to see what chances you're talking about because that line isn't generating much at all. And that's the problem, not the lack of goals.

Speaking specifically of pacioretty, when he is on, he is money on the breakaway, this year, he's had multiple breakaways and I can't remember him scoring on one (although he assisted on a 2 on 0). I've seen instances of him taking one timers in the slot, and his sticks are breaking, or he doesn't get much on it.

Its the type of chances where I would say to myself: that puck would have gone in last year.

That said, he can be better, but he has plenty of company in that regard. I'm not worried about him.

Ghetto Sangria

Apr 14, 2009
Umm no. Optional means optional. If you want to go, you can.
If you believe what you wrote than Michel Therrien is in fact a horrible coach because everyone not named Price has a few things to "learn."

No... optional in this case is literally just a term for a practice where the whole team doesn't have to attend.

And no **** sherlock that's exactly my point. No one is perfect on the team... they all have faults to their game. This team needs scoring and yet their "educated" fans are ******** on one of the highest scoring players in the past 3 seasons :laugh:... because he is only scoring at a 25 goal pace right now. How was he doing at the beginning of last season? How did that season end up going for him?

Some of you sound so spoiled!

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Hey when was the last time Desharnais has been to an optional practice? What is he always doing during optionals because I'm not sure he's ever been to one!
Drinking sake and eating sushi off the belly's of 18 year old virgins.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
No... optional in this case is literally just a term for a practice where the whole team doesn't have to attend.

And no **** sherlock that's exactly my point. No one is perfect on the team... they all have faults to their game. This team needs scoring and yet their "educated" fans are ******** on one of the highest scoring players in the past 3 seasons :laugh:... because he is only scoring at a 25 goal pace right now. How was he doing at the beginning of last season? How did that season end up going for him?

Yeah it went Super...
It's just too bad we are in a down period that has lasted about thirty games.
It's regretful the majority of those games were in the playoffs.

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
Why did Markov play 30 minutes last night, in the second half of back-to-backs?

The guy was clearly gassed by the end of the playoffs last year. He's turning 36 in less than two months. Therrien shouldn't be using him up to this degree when it's not even November.

Penalty kill.

PK has not been that great on defense and he is leading the pack for being IN the penalty box.

Last season we could put Murray or Gorges on the pk and they could eat those minutes. Now, we are lacking in defensive DMen.

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
Funny those criticisms of his game doesn't seem as common when he's scoring goals

Pacioretty always plays a 'non-chalant' looking way, he's not the type of player who gets involved in every physical confrontation or who is constantly pumping his skates like Gallagher does (which most people equate with working harder than others).

I think the people who criticize Pacioretty for floating just don't understand or accept the type of player he is, because he's never going to be, what you want him to be.

That's just what most posters here look at every game. Did he score? If yes, he's fine. If no, he's a useless floater.

Nevermind the fact that he's been on for one 5-on-5 GA this year and 0 on the PK. If he doesn't score, he'll get ripped on :shakehead

Ghetto Sangria

Apr 14, 2009
Yeah it went Super...
It's just too bad we are in a down period that has lasted about thirty games.
It's regretful the majority of those games were in the playoffs.

Yah I guess that settles it... one mediocre playoff series really makes him a useless floater. I mean... he only scored two series clinchers and a GWG in a must win game against Boston.

Tell me something... you think the Kings could have beat the Sharks, or the Blackhawks without Playoff hero Marian Gaborik? He's a stud in the POs, right? Not streaky at all.... right? I mean just check out his playoff stats before 2014. I think you'll be surprised ;).

That's just what most posters here look at every game. Did he score? If yes, he's fine. If no, he's a useless floater.

Nevermind the fact that he's been on for one 5-on-5 GA this year and 0 on the PK. If he doesn't score, he'll get ripped on :shakehead

but he's a floater!!

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
Penalty kill.

PK has not been that great on defense and he is leading the pack for being IN the penalty box.

Last season we could put Murray or Gorges on the pk and they could eat those minutes. Now, we are lacking in defensive DMen.

PK has been solid on the penalty kill in the past. Therrien just refuses to play him defensively.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004

Ok, but he's been starting in the offensive zone and he has not been playing against good players... these things you mention aren't incredible feats. The other line should not be scoring against him 5v5. He deserves credit for the PK, but he plays with Plekanec and Plekanec/Price are the major weight pullers there.

The DD line with Patch and Gally has not been good. This is mostly good news considering we have a great record. They'll hopefully step up when we need them.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Yah I guess that settles it... one mediocre playoff series really makes him a useless floater. I mean... he only scored two series clinchers and a GWG in a must win game against Boston.

Tell me something... you think the Kings could have beat the Sharks, or the Blackhawks without Playoff hero Marian Gaborik? He's a stud in the POs, right? Not streaky at all.... right? I mean just check out his playoff stats before 2014. I think you'll be surprised ;).

but he's a floater!!

no, skating around waiting for pucks to come to him makes him a floater.

and lets not make it all better than it really was, his first was vs a team that we swept, it's not like we would have lost the serie without him, come on now...

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal

but he's a floater!!

Throw enough crud up against a wall and some is sure to stick.
Magical moments with zip in between doesn't cut it.
No credit for everyone else's blood sweat and tears to even give him that opp?
He then proceeds to turtle in the ECF.
Whatever man...

Gaborik was very fortunate to land with the right team.
If we had the Kings depth we could support Max's lapses we aren't so we can't.
Oh and San Jose choked... ;)

Compile

Feb 27, 2008
In an Igloo

I think you need to look up the word optional because it pretty evident you don't have a ****ing clue what it means.

And to your other jibberish, no one cares.

Ghetto Sangria

Apr 14, 2009
no, skating around waiting for pucks to come to him makes him a floater.

and lets not make it all better than it really was, his first was vs a team that we swept, it's not like we would have lost the serie without him, come on now...

It was a mediocre series for him... that's what I said in the post... but I'm trying to point out that goal scorers are always streaky

Throw enough crud up against a wall and some is sure to stick.
Magical moments with zip in between doesn't cut it.
No credit for everyone else's blood sweat and tears to even give him that opp?
He then proceeds to turtle in the ECF.
Whatever man...

Gaborik was very fortunate to land with the right team.
If we had the Kings depth we could support Max's lapses we aren't so we can't.

Oh and San Jose choked... ;)

Well then that's not a problem with Max... it's a problem with the team. Max has been doing what he's supposed to and then some. 1 goal against 5v5 and no goals against on the PK! still one dimensional

as for the SJ game... how many goals did gabby score in that series? I doubt the sharks would have choked without Gabby ;)

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
It was a mediocre series for him... that's what I said in the post... but I'm trying to point out that goal scorers are always streaky

Well then that's not a problem with Max... it's a problem with the team. Max has been doing what he's supposed to and then some. 1 goal against 5v5 and no goals against on the PK! still one dimensional

as for the SJ game... how many goals did gabby score in that series? I doubt the sharks would have choked without Gabby ;)

you dont see many complaining about his production...

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
I'm sure it doesn't need to be said, but we need to stay out of the box! 15 penalties in the last 2 games I think.
Some calls have been bad, but some blatantly deserved. Hard to get some momentum going when you're in the box all the time. Thank god our PK has been good.

I've never seen a team taking so many penalties while being so damn soft.

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
Ok, but he's been starting in the offensive zone and he has not been playing against good players... these things you mention aren't incredible feats. The other line should not be scoring against him 5v5. He deserves credit for the PK, but he plays with Plekanec and Plekanec/Price are the major weight pullers there.

The DD line with Patch and Gally has not been good. This is mostly good news considering we have a great record. They'll hopefully step up when we need them.

You're acting like he starts 100% of his shifts in the offensive zones against 4th liners. Does he have the toughest zone starts or QoC? No, but he's been fantastic against those he has faced so far. They haven't done all the work though. If he really was a one-dimensional floater like people here are acting, then he would have more goals against so far.

They've been good, but they haven't been great. They can definitely improve, but they've also definitely had some really good games and have been overly criticized at points this year.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
You're acting like he starts 100% of his shifts in the offensive zones against 4th liners. Does he have the toughest zone starts or QoC? No, but he's been fantastic against those he has faced so far. They haven't done all the work though. If he really was a one-dimensional floater like people here are acting, then he would have more goals against so far.

To be fair, at this point it is just a matter of a small sample size and luck. Pacioretty's line concedes a lot of odd-men rushes against and spends quite a bit of time in their own end. Right now they are benefiting from a high on-ice SV%, but the chances against are still there. Last night's DD OT turnover was case in point.

They've been bailed out or have just been plain lucky which has masked a lot of the flaws of their usage and two-way play.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal

What is Max supposed to be doing?
He's clearly not burying his chances.
We understand odds are he will start to convert sooner or later.
In the meantime we just live with it?
Max will always please the instant gratification crowd.
They have an ability to shrug off the dead time in between.
There is a very strong group of veteran fans who aren't ready to bow down to Max.
If we compare what he brings day in and day out to a Damphousse for example...
Max needs to bear down more.

Bow down to Price

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad