Speculation: Bouwmeester?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
Besides whether or not we "like" JBo.

How do you get teams to trade you a legit #1 Dman?

Answer: You don't. They have to be underperforming or you sign them for MAD MONEY as a UFA (Campbell / JBo initially).

So no matter how you slice it, we are are going to be unhappy with our "#1" D man unless we draft him ourselves.

JBo is a good player.

He is at worst our #2/3

The real question is what is the cost.

Calgary just got burned. If feaster doesnt screw us, he gets fired soon. Maybe fired anyway.

I am ok with using Flip as the "greedy?" UFA that has to go... But we are going to lose someone we like if we want Jbo. Likely 1 of Smith/Kindl/Nyquist/Tatar/Jarnkrok

I would prefer to "HOPE" Smith/Kindl and Quincey start playing as a nice "cohesive" unit. And then we can keep all those young guys.

Here's what it takes:

6/27/2009 Florida Panthers traded Jay Bouwmeester to the Calgary Flames for Jordan Leopold and a 3rd round selection in 2009.

So basically the equivalent would be Kyle Quincey and a 3rd. Heck throw in Whitey if they want to bring him back.

Crymson

Fire Holland
May 23, 2010
Here's what it takes:

So basically the equivalent would be Kyle Quincey and a 3rd. Heck throw in Whitey if they want to bring him back.

I don't follow your logic. And it's a moot point anyway, given Feaster's comments on how much he'll charge do not at all meet with your idea.

If you want to improve on defense, how do you expect to do that without getting the best available defenseman?

"We should spend the assets because he's the only guy who is really available" is not an argument I find to be particularly compelling.

Personally, I think Bouwmeester is worth the risk.

I disagree. That's probably how we'll end it.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
And who replaces Ericsson?

At some point, you're chasing your tail with this game.
So Kronwall replaces Lidstrom. Ericsson replaces Stuart.
Even if you buy that...
Nobody replaced Kronwall and Ericsson
Kindl replaces Kronwall. Quincey replaces Ericsson.
Our whole defence is work in progress. Everybody has a new and bigger role. I think they've done better than expected, though maybe not good enough.
Here's what it takes:

Good point about that trade.

obey86

Jun 9, 2009
Here's what it takes:

They just traded for his rights though in an attempt to sign him in the 5 days or whatever before free agency opened. If he was actually under contract he would have garnered much more in a trade.

detredWINgs

Jan 1, 2004
Michigan
Visit site
Excellent game by Bouwmeester tonight. The Flames lost 6-4, and in over 20 minutes of time on ice, he was a -4 and somehow managed to figure into none of the Flames' goals. He directly figured into three of the goals against.

:laugh: Impeccable timing!!!!

picture.php

detredWINgs

Jan 1, 2004
Michigan
Visit site
The St. Louis Blues thread about Bouwmeester was on the front page of HF, so I took a look at it. Looks like Blues fans are surprised that all the Bouwmeester bashing wasn't accurate.

As of tonight, 11GP, 5 points, +6.

Good thing Holland knew when to offer up that 1st rounder for a defenseman, and when to hold back.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
The St. Louis Blues thread about Bouwmeester was on the front page of HF, so I took a look at it. Looks like Blues fans are surprised that all the Bouwmeester bashing wasn't accurate.

As of tonight, 11GP, 5 points, +6.

Good thing Holland knew when to offer up that 1st rounder for a defenseman, and when to hold back.

Oh he was going to play with Pieteranglo here, that is great lets do that....

Goalie guy

Jul 8, 2011
Taylor MI
Oh he was going to play with Pieteranglo here, that is great lets do that....

No he was not! and this is the problem here in a nut shell, old man Kenny has no good players. people see that and do not want to come here. he low balls other gm's so they take a package of lesser talent just to piss him off! he wants players to come here and take the Detroit discount to play and it has caught up too him and bit him in the butt. he needs to retire like he said he would with Nick!

HTT3*

No he was not! and this is the problem here in a nut shell, old man Kenny has no good players. people see that and do not want to come here. he low balls other gm's so they take a package of lesser talent just to piss him off! he wants players to come here and take the Detroit discount to play and it has caught up too him and bit him in the butt. he needs to retire like he said he would with Nick!

I'd like to add, Men In Black are real and they will be coming to your house to probe you. Better wear your tinfoil hat so they can't find you.

Goalie guy

Jul 8, 2011
Taylor MI
I'd like to add, Men In Black are real and they will be coming to your house to probe you. Better wear your tinfoil hat so they can't find you.

Aww boo hoo :cry::cry: Drank the Kenny koolaid I see! it will be okay when Bert and Sammy come back don't you know? they are like getting two top paring guys! and hey bud don't fret if they don't come back well we still think this team is good and a contender:nod:.

It may not be the popular thing to say sround here but sorry as much good as he has done. he has off set it all by running this team back to the 80's sorry.

HTT3*

he has off set it all by running this team back to the 80's sorry.

You think this team is like the 1980s? How old were you in the 1980s? They were called the "Dead Wings" for a reason. Since then, Mike Illitch bought the team and cleaned everything up by hiring a hockey mind that knew what the hell he was doing. Then they starting bringing in hockey geniuses to build a winning team; one of the best team in the 90s - 00s.

Its hard to have success that long without having down years. Welcome to the NHL.

Goalie guy

Jul 8, 2011
Taylor MI
You think this team is like the 1980s? How old were you in the 1980s? They were called the "Dead Wings" for a reason. Since then, Mike Illitch bought the team and cleaned everything up by hiring a hockey mind that knew what the hell he was doing. Then they starting bringing in hockey geniuses to build a winning team; one of the best team in the 90s - 00s.

Its hard to have success that long without having down years. Welcome to the NHL.

Grew up in the 80's, I know what went on then, he was one of the best no doubt! but is he still??? I have lost all faith in him to run this team! sorry for that , for three years now we have been given the same old tired line! it is just getting old, how many good players can you loose and replace with fair to bad players before your team is just well done?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad