Recalled/Assigned: Bourque clears waivers. Sent down to Hamilton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
I'm hoping Bergevin has some plans for the $3.3M in cap space. Rumour was that he wanted a Top-4 defenseman... those aren't cheap (salary-wise).

We only save 900k by sending him down to Hamilton. He'll still count as 2.4 million against our cap if he clears

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
As bad as his regular season performances have been, he's easily been our best playoff forward for the past 2 years. Someone is gonna have to replace his playoff production... we must hope Sekac is a playoff beast..
Rumour had it that Sekac disappeared in the playoffs last year. :laugh:

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
maybe this will light a fire under his ass

This is probably the reasoning behind this whole thing.

If someone takes him, great.

If not, then hopefully this lights a fire under his ass and makes him docile until we decide to go back to him.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Might be a calculated risk.. If no one claims him then he has a reality check.. You need to play an entire season if you want to keep your career.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Wasn't expecting that. Highly doubt he gets claimed but maybe some team said they would claim him instead of giving up a pick for him. One can hope anyway.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
maybe this will light a fire under his ass

That's how I see it too. It must be embarassing for him. No one in the league wants his lazy ass. He wake the **** up and work harder. Not a single team wanted to give anything for him. A motivated Bourque is a hell of an asset on a 3rd line.

Saintpatrick*

Andrighetto!!! :scared:

In all honesty, he's likely not going to be claimed. Maybe on re-entry waivers (if that still exists?).

However, Bourque is going to be ****ing awesome next year, IMO. Playoff Bourque for an entire season, is my guess.

Andre Gateau!

SquiddFX

#Seanski
Dec 16, 2013
Montreal
I am praying to every single deity out there that a team picks him up. I don't want to see his useless ass in a Habs jersey ever again.

void

Jan 5, 2006
There has to be a trade coming. Bournival is out for a month and Bowman was sent down today. We have no extra forward.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
Oh true. Well we already have 3.8 million in space so if Bourque gets claimed that would be enough to take on a pretty big salary back.

Actually we have $4,621,013 in cap space as of today (as in we can bring a player(s) in whose AAV is under that amount).

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Has to be more to this. The team wasn't against the cap, so why just get rid of a warm body for nothing at all? There wasn't a rush.

I'm not complaining, just seems like they want to move salary for a reason.

Mats NAslund

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Feelsgoodmangif_10bc7b_4527957.gif

Now waive Desharnais!

I wish!

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Drayson Bowman forcing the GM's hand. :)

Have you been following the dogs much this year? Ghetto seems to be scoring at a decent rate - I wouldn't mind seeing him on RW with DD and Patches for a bit until Bournival returns. I think Bournival would complement that top line well with his speed and forechecking ability. On the SJ board, we use a sort of thing called F1, F2 and F3. Bournival would be a great F1, DD is a F2, and Patches an elite F3. I don't entirely understand the concept, but from what I know, F1 is the first forechecker who does the "dirty work", to get it to F2 who's the second in the zone (generally playmakers like Thornton, etc.), then F3 is the trigger man for the line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad