Recalled/Assigned: Bourque clears waivers. Sent down to Hamilton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
Doubt he'll get picked up, but if he does, ok.

I'd prefer to keep him over Moen but honestly, he didn't fit in the team and as much as I (we) tried to support the guy he just couldn't and didn't cut it here.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
I didn't notice it earlier today, unless someone else tweeted it and we never saw. Apologies if it's posted somewhere.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Andrighetto!!! :scared:

In all honesty, he's likely not going to be claimed. Maybe on re-entry waivers (if that still exists?).

However, Bourque is going to be ****ing awesome next year, IMO. Playoff Bourque for an entire season, is my guess.

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
Damn, we couldn't even get a mid-round pick for him?

I figured since he's money in the playoffs, some teams would be interested. Guess they can't look past his regular season uselessness.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
I wonder if a team would trade a pick for him if he clears. We've seen that before, where a team wants the ability to send him down before they take him on.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
He only gets paid $2.5 million this year and next, wouldn't be that surprised to see a team with an internal budget pick him up.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Damn, we couldn't even get a mid-round pick for him?

I figured since he's money in the playoffs, some teams would be interested. Guess they can't look past his regular season uselessness.
Last year Colorado wanted Bourque + Andrighetto for Parenteau.

We ended up getting PAP and a draft pick for Briere.

Those two proposals should show you were his value stands. :laugh:

Markov4Captain

Dec 29, 2009
Montreal, QC
You can't say Therrien and Bergevin didn't give him every chance and opportunity to succeed. See ya on the flip side Bourque, I won't be missing you.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
Andrighetto!!! :scared:

In all honesty, he's likely not going to be claimed. Maybe on re-entry waivers (if that still exists?).

However, Bourque is going to be ****ing awesome next year, IMO.
Playoff Bourque for an entire season, is my guess.

Contract renewal year !

Part of me hopes that he passes through waivers. I'd keep him around as depth. If someone claimed him, we would have a ton of cap room but ... what would we do with it ?

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Contract renewal year !

Part of me hopes that he passes through waivers. I'd keep him around as depth. If someone claimed him, we would have a ton of cap room but ... what would we do with it ?
PATRICK KANE!! :scared:

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
He only gets paid $2.5 million this year and next, wouldn't be that surprised to see a team with an internal budget pick him up.

Problem with that is that teams with an internal budget can't afford to pick him off of waivers for the sole purpose of saving 0.8M next year... when they'd be paying 2.5M more this year that they don't actually have to pay ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad