RDS: Bouillon coming back ?

AntonCH

Jul 6, 2009
I hate to tell you all but unfortunately I saw proof today that Boullion would be back. It wasn't a sig on a contract, it wasn't a convo with cube or his agent. It was a picture from Therrien's charity golf tournament today!
I saw a photo taken earlier today on the stairs of the golf club.
One one side, clad in red were the alumni, among them were Richer and the roadrunner. The other half of the stairs you had the current members of the team including coaching staff clad in baby blue, among them Subban, JJ and Eller. Front and center, there was Cube wearing the baby blue of the current staff.
I've been devastated ever since

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
I hate to tell you all but unfortunately I saw proof today that Boullion would be back. It wasn't a sig on a contract, it wasn't a convo with cube or his agent. It was a picture from Therrien's charity golf tournament today!
I saw a photo taken earlier today on the stairs of the golf club.
One one side, clad in red were the alumni, among them were Richer and the roadrunner. The other half of the stairs you had the current members of the team including coaching staff clad in baby blue, among them Subban, JJ and Eller. Front and center, there was Cube wearing the baby blue of the current staff.
I've been devastated ever since

the only problem with your theory is that PK isnt wearing the same blue as the other players, should we then, based on your "proof" believe that PK is no more a Habs or something ? :naughty:

habsfanatics*

May 20, 2012
I'd have np bringing him back as long as it's written in his contract that he won't ever, I mean, ever play 18-20 minutes again or receive a single minute on the PP, or ever play when Beaulieu or Tinordi are available..

My only stipulations, otherwise, welcome aboard Franky.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
the only problem with your theory is that PK isnt wearing the same blue as the other players, should we then, based on your "proof" believe that PK is no more a Habs or something ? :naughty:

Shh you guys are going to give ideas to Eklund.

AntonCH

Jul 6, 2009

You can join me while I cry in my beer when its announced

As for PK, he's wearing the $9 Million shirt

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Chantal ‏@habsgirl4life
Bouillon on #Habs young leadership core: "I don't think any of those guys are mature enough to be captain, yet. Maybe in a few years."

How I read it: "This team NEEDS me for a few years."

That's sad, honestly...

I read, "make me captain, I have the maturity."

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
If we didn't already have Drewiske under contract as the veteran emergency call-up guy in Hamilton, I could accept Bouillon in that role. Or if it's just generally recognized that he has an exceptional hockey mind and everybody knows he's going to transition into a coaching role one day - I don't know if that's the case or not - but if for some reason he was viewed in that light, then again, a playing job in Hamilton transitioning towards the coaching role could be acceptable.

But frank(ie)ly, I just couldn't see taking him in any role on the Habs right now, given what we've seen of Tinordi and Beaulieu, and given the potential for Nygren and Pateryn. We've outgrown Bouillon.

And you know what, if for some reason some catastrophe befalls our D and we're desperate to add a cheap experienced depth guy at some point in the season... Bouillon is still going to be available. Nobody else is going to sign him in the meantime.

cjbhab*

Boullion is decent 6-7 D with a bit of leadership in him.
I would absolutely take him back on a 2 way contract to help with the kids in Hamilton.
Call him up when needed.
but yes id rather see kids.. but when nygren tinordi beaulieu dietz etc get hurt bring him in

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
he will be back,

the golf tourney footage showed Pk high fivin all the young golf caddys of the players, one caddy had Bouillon on the back of the coveralls...

Bergy rockin a beard too, pretty sharp.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
All your contingencies mean nothing because as long as therrien is coach and boo boo is under contract.. Therrien will play him a lot

Masuli

May 8, 2013
Turku, Finland
All your contingencies mean nothing because as long as therrien is coach and boo boo is under contract.. Therrien will play him a lot

And this is why I want to believe that MB won't bring him back.

OR this is MB's way of saying fu2 for PK and Molson :sarcasm:

Last edited:

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Sure, but why uproot your whole family when you're already back home ?

Not to mention that playing in Switzerland is not exactly a glamorous life. You don't have the same side benefits than if you played in the NHL. He might as well retire.. which I think he should but ... whatever I'm not in his shoes.

1 - My GF would like to see Switzerland and Austria (and she works from home).
2 - I have no kid.

...Hence why my opinion is different than Bouillon on the matter!

AntonCH

Jul 6, 2009
Sure, but why uproot your whole family when you're already back home ?

Not to mention that playing in Switzerland is not exactly a glamorous life. You don't have the same side benefits than if you played in the NHL. He might as well retire.. which I think he should but ... whatever I'm not in his shoes.

I would re-check my facts if I were you
Although the pay may not be on par with the NHL, you may be able to say that the benefits are way better.
Go back a few years and find the Metropolit article where he went to Switzerland. His and his wife's car along with the condo overlooking the lake AND the International school for the kids were ALL picked up by the team he was playing for. If memory serves the team also kicked in $550,000/season.

I've been to Switzerland, you can end up with a lot worse gigs

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
I bet he gets a PTO at camp and that's that. He'll be the first dman signed if someone on the core is injured and if MB decides to sign another dman.

DDIHH

Oct 28, 2005
It was captain's blue ;)

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Bou endearing himself to the Habs young stars... :sarcasm:

Tony Marinaro ‏@TonyMarinaro ·3 hrs
TQOD Bouillon says Pacioretty&Subban not ready 2b Captain, Cournoyer says players should vote, J.Demers' choice is Markov

Wonder what reaction would be if PK said that about 2 of his teammates?

King Niinimaa*

Man...imagine if they brought him back to be the captain of this team.

Guy Germaine

Jul 25, 2005
Montreal
From La Presse this morning:

«Personnellement, c'est une question difficile. Je ne sais pas si l'un de ces jeunes-là est assez mature pour être capitaine. Dans deux, trois ans, je n'ai aucun doute qu'un de ces jeunes sera prêt à remplir le rôle», a expliqué le défenseur.

«Je pense que ça va être une décision difficile pour l'organisation, a-t-il ajouté. Il ne faut pas un capitaine qui est là pour un an ou deux. Il faut un capitaine qui est là à long terme.»

He doesn't think they're mature enough at the moment, possibly in two or three years. There has to be a long term captain, not just one or two years.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal

He doesn't think they're mature enough at the moment, possibly in two or three years. There has to be a long term captain, not just one or two years.

He doesn't think the guys are mature enough or simply trying to get himself a contract for another year or two? That's what it looks like more to me

VirginiaMtlExpat

Second most interesting man in the world.
Aug 20, 2003
Norfolk, VA
www.odu.edu

If there is one player who has proven his maturity, it is PK Subban. Some specific examples that come to mind: the consummate grace with which he handled being marginalized on Team Canada (really for no reason: he was not the 7th best defenceman on that team), the professionalism that he exhibited dealing MT's ham-handed handling of him, the circumspect response to the media over the course of his contract negotiation up to and including the arbitration process. I don't think any other player on that team would have handled all of that with the same aplomb and poise. He is also both a great leader and a great team player; also, he is extraordinarily committed to fitness. What more can anyone want as a captain? After all, the Blackhawks have had a young captain, and have been successful with him; you can't judge qualifications strictly from a birth certificate.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007

He's trying to distinguish himself and his veteran savvy.

Go suck on a lemon Bouillon - you're a terrible hockey player now.

Some of his reads in the playoff run were painful. When Beaulieu got in our team was so much better.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad