Confirmed with Link: Boudreau fired; Evason interim head coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dickie Dunn

Jan 4, 2016
Minneapolis
You realize the Wild were on fire before BB was fired, right? Hence why everyone thought Guerin was trying to lose by firing him.

Hot streak vs sustainable is the difference in eye test for me. IMO. They were winning but they "look" better in these games under Evason. But it certainly helps having Fiala playing out of his mind.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Hot streak vs sustainable is the difference in eye test for me. IMO. They were winning but they "look" better in these games under Evason. But it certainly helps having Fiala playing out of his mind.
The only real difference though is Stalock is looking a bit more confident, thus can handle a few more games instead of his shutout one night give up 4 or 5 the next.

Otherwise, most everyone is playing about the same. They looked every bit as "sustainable" then as they do now.

This team still lives and dies on its sub par goaltending.

Reactions: Dickie Dunn

P10p

May 15, 2012
The team coach by Bruce would always have those off games though. we havent seen the from evason... yet.

When Bruce was here we would look dominant and then come out and lay a couple stinkers. Rinse repeat.

Evason has us playing hard. Even when we lose. Only difference ipve noticed so far.

nt3005

Jan 12, 2015
Dakota Territory
I feel like this last stretch of games has been the best the team has looked all year. They look confident, and are having fun. One thing underrated in a successful team is them having fun together.

It appears like they know they can win games and aren't counting themselves out when down.

Uberdachen

Posts Last 5 Minutes
Sep 5, 2012
Pants.
Any difference I've noticed I've attributed less to Creedthoughts.gov and more to everyone getting secondhand Fiala f***. Dude f***s. The place is just breaking with his electric f***aloo. Cups are all a good extra half a foot further from bodies. Everything is glistening. The Wild down in Xcel are shrieking squeaks and squeals, f***ing round on their wheels. They're f***ing with Jing-Tinglers tied onto their heels. They're blowing their Floo-Floobers. They're banging their Tah-Tinkers. They're blowing their Wild-Hoobers. They're banging their Gah-Ginkers. They're beating their Trum-Tookers. They're slamming their Sloo-Slonkers. They're beating their Blum-Blookers. They're whamming their Wild-Wonkers. And they're playing f*** games like some shit called Hoc Kay... ...an ice-skate type of lacrosse and gettin' laid. And they're making earsplitting noises de luxe... ...on their great big Electro Wild-f***io Shluxe. Next the Wild, young and old, will sit down to a f***. And they'll f***, and they'll f***. And they'll f***, f***, f***. They'll f*** on Wild-pudding and rare Wild roast-beast. That's why those are the concessions I order the least.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
If it takes corsi to point out that a guy had an isolated and rather invisible “good” game then it might not be the best use of advanced stats. Lets see him have an ol’ fashioned good game before propping him up by way of corsi.

Corsi simply tells the true story. You can actually do a lot of good things out there, even if you don't put the puck in the net.

Donato had some lousy stats btw, I don't see him being a factor on the PP.

Wasted Talent

Sponsor
Aug 9, 2011
Corsi simply tells the true story. You can actually do a lot of good things out there, even if you don't put the puck in the net.

Donato had some lousy stats btw, I don't see him being a factor on the PP.

The story told by Corsi isn't very flattering for Zucc, who has the 2nd worst CF% out of the entire forward group since the coaching change. Only Kunin is worse and he missed most of those games due to injury.

Reactions: Wild11MN

Dickie Dunn

Jan 4, 2016
Minneapolis

C’mon now. You know darn well that “doing good things out there” for one game is not what he is paid to do. He is paid to score. This is the same as signing a guy to hit 3rd in your lineup and he can’t hit for a season but advanced stats say he did a really good job of moving runners over.....in one game. So what?

Reactions: Wild11MN

dBoon

Sep 28, 2004
The only real difference though is Stalock is looking a bit more confident, thus can handle a few more games instead of his shutout one night give up 4 or 5 the next.

Otherwise, most everyone is playing about the same. They looked every bit as "sustainable" then as they do now.

This team still lives and dies on its sub par goaltending.

Stalock currently sits at .913 save %, 20th in the league for goalies with >30 games played.
A slight bump to .916 would move him to 12th.
His GAA average is 2.58, 11th in the league for goalies with >30 games played.

15th in wins, tied for 4th with Rask in shutouts.

Ain't birdies, ain't bogeys neither. He is giving this team at the least par goal-tending.

Reactions: 16thOverallSaveUs

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Stalock currently sits at .913 save %, 20th in the league for goalies with >30 games played.

Ain't birdies, ain't bogeys neither. He is giving this team at the least par goal-tending.
20th is below half, thus subpar.

I appreciate the run he's on, but he's not a #1 NHL goaltender, he's an ok backup, being forced into a role he's ill-suited for.

That said... he's playing out of his mind good compared to his norm, and we need to run with it as long as we can...

We still live and die off the subpar goaltending though.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
20th is below half, thus subpar.

I appreciate the run he's on, but he's not a #1 NHL goaltender, he's an ok backup, being forced into a role he's ill-suited for.

That said... he's playing out of his mind good compared to his norm, and we need to run with it as long as we can...

We still live and die off the subpar goaltending though.

Wow did you take that incredibly literal.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011

You kind of just flew by the point I think.

He's sitting at .913 save Percentage, which is good for 20th in the league... Thats AFTER he's had the best 10 game stretch of his entire career.

A season with his best stretch of goaltending ever, still has below average numbers...

Reactions: TaLoN

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
A 6 foot career backup that plays like Stalock does is exactly the sort of goalie that can turn back into a pumpkin at a moment's notice. That's not to discredit how he's been playing, but the clock is likely ticking with him.

That said I don't actually give a hoot right now. Right now he's not just holding down the fort, he's actively keeping us in crucial games when the skaters start to falter. He can look like a disaster while doing it, but he's making good saves. His aggressiveness when handling the puck is bound to sting us more than it has so far, but at least it's an x-factor that teams have to deal with.

He might never reproduce this stretch of games and I don't particularly care. All I care about is how long he can keep it going, because the rest of the team looks ready to **** **** up and I want to watch them do it.

Reactions: TaLoN
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad