Confirmed with Link: Boudreau fired; Evason interim head coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
damn...I'm legit shocked. Why right now and not let him finish out the season at least? Does Guerin have one of the other coaches like Gallant ready to go and couldn't wait until then? Bizarre. Going to miss that guy.

Reactions: 57special

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
I understand the move even if I don't agree with it. That being said, he won't remain unemployed for very long. He'll have another NHL head coaching gig by next season.

Reactions: hmc1987

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Boudreau was probably mad with the Zucker trade. Good time as any to push for a rebuild and put your guy in place.
Maybe, but I think it was more a case of the inevitable happening. That and it wouldn't surprise me if these comments from last night may have Guerin's trigger finger a little itchy...
“And I was yelling it at the bench,” Boudreau said. “We were playing so tentative on the power play. And I don’t understand why because if you look at the guys we had out there, they’re all veteran guys that have all been very involved in the power play as of late.”

A coach being this perplexed by his own team is rarely a good sign, even if I sympathize with him. It wouldn't surprise me if this was another shot across the bow at the players as much as anything.

Reactions: Dee Oh Cee

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I think if they were on the cusp of hiring Gallant they would have waited til they had it done before they fired Boudreau, and not named Evason the interim.

Don’t think they have any plans to hire a coach until the summer.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
"Players have earned the right to play it out" "I'll let the players decide the direction"

Trades Zucker for futures
Fired Bruce

Actions not matching words and I like it.
Team loses a winnable game and Zucker has some understandably frustrated responses to media questions the next morning -> traded within 24 hours

Team loses a winnable game and Boudreau has some perplexed comments about his players -> fired within 24 hours

I think these moves are probably things Guerin's decided on in advance, but the timing seems pretty driven by how the team's playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad