Confirmed with Link: Boucher: to return or not to return, that is the question

Status
Not open for further replies.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
We need a professional tenured coaching staff,and we have owner that needs to have them walk on water before he hires them...

Ray Kinsella

Feb 13, 2018
At this point I’d resign Boucher to a 1 year extension, for stability and I think he’s good with the young players (Dzingel, Chabot, White) and next year if you improve and make the playoffs great, and if not you’ll have a top 5 draft pick and the San Jose pick.
Ryan Dzingel is 26... still not old but I wouldn't consider him among the young players like Chabot and White.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I think Boucher would have a tough time holding onto his job the way this season and the last one have gone if it weren't for Ottawa being Ottawa. I'd love to pick up John Stevens to replace him when the time comes. I think his system could be really good with a faster group (than what LA has).

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
We are still too passive in the D zone in an attempt to keep everything to the outside. Well teams are just hemming us in , passing it around the outside tiring us out, then finding a seam for a good shot . It's not working.

I say we go aggressive in the d zone, take away time and space and see what happens

Reactions: Micklebot

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
We are still too passive in the D zone in an attempt to keep everything to the outside. Well teams are just hemming us in , passing it around the outside tiring us out, then finding a seam for a good shot . It's not working.

I say we go aggressive in the d zone, take away time and space and see what happens

That has to be coaching, right? We've seen them be aggressive in the D-zone before but why they have stopped doing that is mostly likely due to coaching. They have to go.

#65 got us to the Eastern Conference Finals with the help of his friends.

and a guy who wasn't his friend ....

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
That win last night may have saved Boucher's job, at least for now. I always felt that if we were sinking like a stone that by the end of November, they would play the fire Boucher/promote Crawford card, which is about the easiest coaching switch any GM could make given Boucher's lame duck status.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
I think one issue we have in our own zone is our wingers are too deep leaving the points uncovered. Otjer teams know this and just move the puck back to their D making the wingers chase but never get there.

Liver King

Jan 23, 2016
I think one issue we have in our own zone is our wingers are too deep leaving the points uncovered. Otjer teams know this and just move the puck back to their D making the wingers chase but never get there.

any chance we get Coach Q?

Cloud

Feb 22, 2016
Yukon
#65 got us to the Eastern Conference Finals with the help of his friends.
So when the team gets to within one goal of the final that's Karlsson and his teammates....but when the team is mired in poor defensive play and up and down streaks of winning or loosing that's on Boucher...or to simplify it your saying if the team plays well that's the players, and if the team plays poorly, that's the coach....got it. Thanks for coming out.

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
Truthfully, Im not as opposed as some people are on the idea of him coming back at this point.

He actually did show that he can adapt and change, and its impossible to deny that we are playing a very exciting brand of hockey right now. He fixed the damn PP, finally ffs. And he's actually handled the kids pretty well to be quite honest (I was sure he was going to ruin White for a time - but hes made him hungry).

He deserves more credit than hes getting imo. Yeah we're horrendous defensively, but Harpur and Jaros will help eventually, as will time and experience for all of these steak eating babies that have full sets of chompers.

Im fairly sure that if its not Boucher next year, its going to be a sad downgrade that no one will be happy with initially.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
something I've noticed for a while is wingers playing what I can only call a zone D. ive seen many plays where our wingers are able to be first on puck but they don't or stop pursuit because it seems like it didn't come far enough up the boards to be in their zone. Dzingel is the guy I've noticed it most with. it's almost like he takes a stride or two then says not my responsibility and stops. I think that stems from not playing instinctively and hopefully it improves

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
something I've noticed for a while is wingers playing what I can only call a zone D. ive seen many plays where our wingers are able to be first on puck but they don't or stop pursuit because it seems like it didn't come far enough up the boards to be in their zone. Dzingel is the guy I've noticed it most with. it's almost like he takes a stride or two then says not my responsibility and stops. I think that stems from not playing instinctively and hopefully it improves

Its a classic sag now they may tweak it on rotation but essentially this is what it is

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
It's painfully obvious.

They throw it down low knowing our defenders aren't strong enough to win many 1 on 1 battles being they are so young etc and then throw it back out to the point where it takes the forward a few strides to get to. Rinse and repeat.

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
Boucher and his staff should be fired by now the team looks atrocious again today. It is very evident that Boucher is a bad coach his 9 coaching lives in Ottawa must be up by now

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
I noticed we aren't taking a ton of too many men penalties.

is that the Marty Raymond effect?

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Boucher and his staff should be fired by now the team looks atrocious again today. It is very evident that Boucher is a bad coach his 9 coaching lives in Ottawa must be up by now
we had 3 straight decent games overall before last night....

although not sure that erases the last like season and a bit of utter garbage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad