Confirmed with Link: Boucher: to return or not to return, that is the question

Status
Not open for further replies.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
Not sure about anyone else in here, but IMO, the biggest problem this team has defending is not the forwards they put on the ice, it has to do with the fact that Boro, Ceci and Harpur make up the "veteran core" of our defence. Here is a thought, maybe start with scratching an under-performing defenceman?? Or maybe stop putting Ceci on the "shutdown pair".

Every single metric out there including the good old fashioned "eye-test" tells you that Pyatt should not even be dressed.

lol.

"Our team is bad defensively because of our youth and inexperience!" Solution? More youth and inexperience!!!

Classic hfsens.... Never change....

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
Our team is bad defensively because of our youth and inexperience!"
Please remind me of where and when I wrote the statement you have in quotation marks?

Either way, to defend the statement you just made, maybe if we could attract or afford to sign any free agents, maybe we wouldn't be in this predicament. And I am not talking about Johnny Oduya type FAs.

One of the main reasons our team is bad defensively because we have too many "vets" who are not NHL hockey players.

Reactions: JungleBeat

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
One of the main reasons our team is bad defensively because we have too many "vets" who are not NHL hockey players.

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Last year we were nowhere near as bad defensively.

Whats the difference this year? We unloaded a ton of vets and brought up a ton of kids.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Please remind me of where and when I wrote the statement you have in quotation marks?

Either way, to defend the statement you just made, maybe if we could attract or afford to sign any free agents, maybe we wouldn't be in this predicament. And I am not talking about Johnny Oduya type FAs.

Defensive coverage has a lot to do with the forwards as well, whether young, old, skilled or a plug. They are not helping out the d.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Last year we were nowhere near as bad defensively.

Whats the difference this year? We unloaded a ton of vets and brought up a ton of kids.

I'm not sure nowhere near. We were pretty bad last year as well. Actually, we've been bad the whole time Boucher has been here.

condon put up a 914 save percentage. certainly out of his mind but hardly other worldly numbers.

For Condon it is.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
The other thing he could try is firing Raymond and hiring a chimpanzee to coach the PK. That would help our PK. I am done with the whole staff, unfortunately we can’t get the candidates I want until the season is over.

dude....is your chimp busy? I'd look into buying out his contract cause bringing him in sounds good right about now.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Defensive coverage has a lot to do with the forwards as well, whether young, old, skilled or a plug. They are not helping out the d.
yes I agree .... and maybe taking awaya some of the prime time offensive opportunities gets them moving. idk. lately I've seen both Duchene and Tierney with some pretty pedestrian efforts on plays that result in goals.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
The fact that anyone is gonna defend this decision is laughable, but here we are, the same people that defend the org at all costs are also now bringing a united front to defend this very very poor hockey decision.

GB explained his decision to "juggle" the line up, last night in the pregame show, after three consecutive losses, on the road (now four). Not having last change, he wanted to add some defensive responsibility to the top line ......... and if you watched the post game analysis, last night on TSN, they showed how Pyatt brought that to the top line.

Again, did you just want him to keep the same line up, and same lines intact after three losses in a row?

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
GB explained his decision to "juggle" the line up, last night in the pregame show, after three consecutive losses, on the road (now four). Not having last change, he wanted to add some defensive responsibility to the top line ......... and if you watched the post game analysis, last night on TSN, they showed how Pyatt brought that to the top line.

Again, did you just want him to keep the same line up, and same lines intact after three losses in a row?
Pyatt is the worst forward on this hockey team, he did nothing to help that top line and I don't care what TSN had to say.

Reactions: RAFI BOMB

18Hossa

And Grace, Too
Oct 12, 2012

The defensively responsible Tom Pyatt

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
If Boucher is going to only give Batherson 10 minutes a game, may as well bring up Nick Paul instead. Batherson was one of the hottest players in the AHL when he was brought up and now he is stapled to the bench for the majority of the game, I am sure that will do wonders for his confidence while guys like Pyatt get to play on the first line.

I guess Boucher doesn't like how Batherson eats his steak.

Reactions: Deku

Lenny the Lynx

Sep 20, 2008
ON
Here are some pretty staggering statistics about this team. I feel like the GB thread is the best place for it as this ultimately is all his accountability.

Last night was game 24 of 82 - so ~30% of the season, at this point:

Shots against per game: 38.3
If you filter NHL.com team stats back as far as they go (1917-18) - this is the highest average in NHL history.
Actually its tied with the 74-75 Caps who had a 8-67-5 record.

Goals against per game: 4.33
Filter for the past 20 years, not only is it the highest rate, its over 1/2 a goal a game (or 13%) higher than the next highest (99-00 Thrashers at 3.82).
To get down to 4, the remaining 58 games would have to be at a 3.86 average

The last 5 teams to finish a season with GA/GP > 4 are:
95/96 Sharks: 4.35
93/94 Sens: 4.73
93/94 Jets: 4.10
92/93 Sens: 4.7
92/93 Sharks: 4.93

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Here are some pretty staggering statistics about this team. I feel like the GB thread is the best place for it as this ultimately is all his accountability.

Last night was game 24 of 82 - so ~30% of the season, at this point:

Shots against per game: 38.3
If you filter NHL.com team stats back as far as they go (1917-18) - this is the highest average in NHL history.
Actually its tied with the 74-75 Caps who had a 8-67-5 record.

Goals against per game: 4.33
Filter for the past 20 years, not only is it the highest rate, its over 1/2 a goal a game (or 13%) higher than the next highest (99-00 Thrashers at 3.82).
To get down to 4, the remaining 58 games would have to be at a 3.86 average

The last 5 teams to finish a season with GA/GP > 4 are:
95/96 Sharks: 4.35
93/94 Sens: 4.73
93/94 Jets: 4.10
92/93 Sens: 4.7
92/93 Sharks: 4.93

What are the Goals for stats please?

He has to go, they all do. Stevenson laid it out perfectly this morning. Go check it out on 1200

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012

I just find it hilarious that Pyatt was replacing Boedker, who the org said is a solid two-way player (unlike Hoffman) when they tried to sell the trade.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
At this point I’d resign Boucher to a 1 year extension, for stability and I think he’s good with the young players (Dzingel, Chabot, White) and next year if you improve and make the playoffs great, and if not you’ll have a top 5 draft pick and the San Jose pick.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
I just find it hilarious that Pyatt was replacing Boedker, who the org said is a solid two-way player (unlike Hoffman) when they tried to sell the trade.
This management team doesn't now what they are doing, and are saying whatever they think people want to hear.

Whether or not people buy that stuff is up to them

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
At this point I’d resign Boucher to a 1 year extension, for stability and I think he’s good with the young players (Dzingel, Chabot, White) and next year if you improve and make the playoffs great, and if not you’ll have a top 5 draft pick and the San Jose pick.
What in gods name could possibly lead to someone wanting to resign Boucher?

Stability is useless if that stability is terrible

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
GB is the worst coach in the league, he has done nothing to deserve an extension. Its becoming very apparent that the message from the Uber video is the truth, the coaching staff has no idea what to do to get the most out of this team, be it on the PK, 5v5, or anything. GB should have been fired after last season, the only reason he wasn't was $$.

Lenny the Lynx

Sep 20, 2008
ON
What are the Goals for stats please?
He has to go, they all do. Stevenson laid it out perfectly this morning. Go check it out on 1200

Goals for is 3.54, #3 in league. I'd be willing to bet this team is on pace to break some records for 'total goals'

bad team has bad stats?
who would have thought

I thought the fact they had one stat that is trending to be the worst in 101 years was notable.
Sorry for wasting your internet time

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Goals for is 3.54, #3 in league. I'd be willing to bet this team is on pace to break some records for 'total goals'

I thought the fact they had one stat that is trending to be the worst in 101 years was notable.
Sorry for wasting your internet time
trust this has been well noted. Probably like every 10mins on the broadcast

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012

Yeah, no. We've had stability for the past 3 years and it gained us nothing. We can't have the young kids developing like this, when it seems like they learn nothing about playing defensively from this guy. This team needs a change. I'm actually very surprised Boucher is still here this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad