Pre-Game Talk: Boston @ Winnipeg - Tuesday March 19 - 7pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

RonJon

May 18, 2011
I don't any of the pre-game practices are open to the public. It was mentioned before in another thread what hotel ( I can't remember ) the teams stay at. Hanging out there would be you best bet.

I believe all but the Leafs stay at the Fairmont. Heard that Leafs stay at The Inn at the Forks

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
Can someone remind me again why we traded Poni?

I was just typing this out in a response to Guerzy.

I'm under the impression that he approached management and asked to be dealt. I have nothing to back this up, but it amounts to the most logical explanation. If it was simply a move to shake up team chemistry, then it doesn't really look good at this point, where we're essentially dressing a full line that accomplishes nothing other than allowing us to meet the minimum 18 skaters dressed.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
In NJ he has 1pt (an assist) in his last 10 games. Are you really that upset about this?

He's also playing top line minutes on a team that's tied with us for points.

I understand the viewpoint that he might have been a poor fit in the role that he was asked to play, but it's pretty striking when you're a 13-15 minute/game player dealt from a team that's as depth poor as the Jets are at forward.

DarthMonty

F*** CANCER
Aug 21, 2011
Optimismville
Hopefully whatever caused Burmistrov to sit has been sorted out with the coaching staff. He ups his compete level against the Bruins, and it would be preferable to see The Burminator standing up to the Bruins, rather than Tangradi (man, with his size, you'd think the guy would be a one man wrecking crew).

Hopefully we get to see Kulda, although I'm guessing from various posts that we probably don't see Arturs until Thursday. Sit Meech, and give Kulda maybe 8 - 10 minutes ice time and see what he brings.

I'm pumped, because the Jets seem to play the Bruins fairly evenly, so maybe we steal a point (or TWO!). Should be a good one.

tntkid

Fire Maurice & Chevy
Nov 27, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
The Bruins were at the IcePlex the last time they were here.
The practice was open to the public but you could not get near the team & nobody signed for any fans.

The Bruins are one of the hardest teams to get autographs from & most players will turn you down even if you get up to them.

I have heard that they are really nice in Boston to their hometown fans.

Bruins fan coming In peace

Do you know if/when the Bruins will be practicing and if its open to the public?

Also when's my best chance to try and get an autograph.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
Can someone remind me again why we traded Poni?

Totally guessing but probably some combination of any (or all) of:
shakeup because we were losing
hoping to get value of a player a team was giving up on
UFA player who expressed or hinted not wanting to re-sign in future or test UFA

In NJ he has 1pt (an assist) in his last 10 games. Are you really that upset about this?

They are also offensively having troubles top-to-bottom. They have less shots on goal per minute than any other team in the league. That's not conductive of any offense (see our "power play").
There's no doubt in my mind he'd still be one of the top9 players on our team, but life goes on.

seasontixholder*

Heard on the radio this morning Shane is doing the game on tv. I have no issues with him, he does a great job. But if there is one game that he shouldn't do is the Bruins game. It seems like he is going to have an orgasm when he talks about the Bruins. Of course I can't go to the game so mute will have to be on.

King Woodballs

Captain Awesome
Sep 25, 2007
Your Mind
Heard on the radio this morning Shane is doing the game on tv. I have no issues with him, he does a great job. But if there is one game that he shouldn't do is the Bruins game. It seems like he is going to have an orgasm when he talks about the Bruins. Of course I can't go to the game so mute will have to be on.

Shane is actually a pretty straight shooter IMO.

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Give Burmistrov a spot and take out Tangardi or Cormier.
Burmi will get a an extra shift or 2 on the PK and I think he would be the hardest working Jet out there.

I know people are mostly kidding about the "sit anyone who laughs on the bench" stuff... those two (Antro and Welly) had just missed a really close chance. They both had pretty good games and in reality people play a little better when they are enjoying themselves.

I'm really super impressed with the team the last few weeks.
The Bruins are tough and we do play well against them.
A point or 2 would be great.
We need 1 of 2 against the Caps (minimum), the game against TB and both coming up against the Canes.
If we did that we'd for sure be back on top of the division.

Not holding out much hope for the Panthers to help us with the Canes tomorrow.

Tdoe42

Jun 7, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
Give Burmistrov a spot and take out Tangardi or Cormier.
Burmi will get a an extra shift or 2 on the PK and I think he would be the hardest working Jet out there.

There is no doubt Burmi comes back in. Message has been sent Cormier will come out and burmi can man the 4th line and work his way back up

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Yikes, just noticed the Bruins haven't lost back to back games this year :help:

So perhaps they'll be overconfident?

uuuggghhhh...

Our boys need some home arena magic.
I'm not at this one... people better pull their weight in the noise department!

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
There is no doubt Burmi comes back in. Message has been sent Cormier will come out and burmi can man the 4th line and work his way back up

With Kane potentially taking a double shift for the 4th line a few times with a "pumped up" Burmi we could see some fireworks from the bottom line. If Wellwood can get a goal his first game back (playing on the 4th line) I think Burmistrov can as well.

(he scored against the Bruins on feb-17th) :handclap:

Tdoe42

Jun 7, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
With Kane potentially taking a double shift for the 4th line a few times with a "pumped up" Burmi we could see some fireworks from the bottom line. If Wellwood can get a goal his first game back (playing on the 4th line) I think Burmistrov can as well.

(he scored against the Bruins on feb-17th) :handclap:

We all know how Noel works... If a guy is going he will get the Ice time and he could find himself playing some big minutes if he is going out of the gate

Hell I could see Burmi starting. Noel has a history of doing that for a guy that hasnt played for a while

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad