Pre-Game Talk: Boston @ Winnipeg - Tuesday March 19 - 7pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guerzy

I'm a fricken baby
Jan 16, 2005
Time to move on from the Ottawa game and get things back on track here. The last game will mean nothing if we rebound with a strong game and 2 points here.

This is a convenient match-up, I think, because Boston generally brings out the best in us. A big opportunity is right in our hands here as we open a 4 game homestand.

KCjetsfan

Jul 14, 2012
Gardner KS
my wish list

LLW
kane burmi mittens
antro joki wellwood
wright cormier tangradi/kane occasional double shift 9-10 min played for this line

pp would consist of not jokinen on the point. that is all i have to say there.

i'm prepared for this game to be a loss, but the next one to be the start of another good streak.

castle

Dec 2, 2011
Australia
Burmi has to go back in, who is going to knock Chara on his A$$ if not ?

good point. I'm not sure Noel breaks up Wellwood, Antropov, Wright, but moving Wright down makes the 4th line capable of chewing up more minutes than they have been since Slater went out.

Stej

Jul 28, 2006
The Kirk
I'd love to see the Jets win 2 of the next 3 games. Hopefully they can pull it out against the Bruins, but it'll be a tough game. Maybe it's more likely to win both against the Caps...

peg

Jul 8, 2010
If Burmi is in, who sits, Tangradi, Thorburn or Cormier? Or does it even really matter?

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
I saw Welly laughing on the bench next to Antro yesterday when we were down 2-0. Four-game benching.

[Maybe Antro's just really funny.]

King Woodballs

Captain Awesome
Sep 25, 2007
Your Mind
I would rather sit Tangradi then Thorburn vs Boston.
Boston is a physically tough team and willing to drop the mitts.
Currently, Thorburn clearly fits that role the best.

Tangradi could use the Burmistrov treatment, and should spend a couple days in a suit.
Maybe he will figure out, how to get his **** together.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
I say scratch Corm and have Burmi centre Tangradi and Thorburn. And you thought his press box stint was heavy-handed punishment...

Like Sweech said, it doesn't matter to me one bit which one of those three sits. If I had to pick one, it would be Tangradi.

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
Burmi should be in for Tangradi IMO. We might need Cormier for face off insurance, Boston is stellar in the face off dot.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
I saw Welly laughing on the bench next to Antro yesterday when we were down 2-0. Four-game benching.

Burmi shares a joke ( or whatever ) sitting besides Antropov while losing in Florida. Coincidentally results in games in the press box.

Now we see Wellwood doing the same with Antropov in Ottawa while losing. If he goes back to the press box, then we will see what the message is....

Maybe Antropov is the problem? Maybe he needs some time upstairs...;)

Guerzy

I'm a fricken baby
Jan 16, 2005
I say scratch Corm and have Burmi centre Tangradi and Thorburn. And you thought his press box stint was heavy-handed punishment...

Like Sweech said, it doesn't matter to me one bit which one of those three sits. If I had to pick one, it would be Tangradi.

I tend to agree.

I'm not a big Thorburn fan given his lack of impact on the ice, only real thing he does is fit in well in the room and he'll drop the gloves. Love your heart Thorburn but...

Cormier hasn't been utilized by Noel, so he's really of very little importance. But, he really doesn't seem to do anything while on the ice.

Tangradi, meh... I felt 8-10 games ago he's an AHL'er here who can't cut it at the NHL level. I'm done watching Tangradi.

I am on serious repeat, but I hope we can rid ourselves of the players Noel does not play or trust. Big time achilles heel.

dcypher

Feb 7, 2013

Wellwood: "Hey since the game is not going well, maybe we should start #freeburmistrov on Twitter after the game?"
Antro: "Who's Burmistrov?"
Wellwood: "hahaha"
Noel: *looks at Welly and Antro with a mean and stern look while sucking on a lozenge*

Punk

Oct 3, 2005
SK
Bruins fan coming In peace

Do you know if/when the Bruins will be practicing and if its open to the public?

Also when's my best chance to try and get an autograph.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes

Do you know if/when the Bruins will be practicing and if its open to the public?

I don't think any of the pre-game practices at the MTS Centre open to the public. It was mentioned before in another thread what hotel ( I can't remember ) the teams stay at. Hanging out there would be you best bet.

Last edited:

RonJon

May 18, 2011

They are at the Ice Plex which makes it open, and I heard they were skating at 12:30.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia