Post-Game Talk: Boston @ Washington, 8PM - The Stanislav Galiev Invitational

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
I would have laughed if someone told me before the start of the season that Johansson would have 20 goals and nearly 50 points playing mostly away from Ovechkin and Backstrom.

I guess it was time to give him some praise after he had the game of his life.

Good performance all around.

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
I would have laughed if someone told me before the start of the season that Johansson would have 20 goals and nearly 50 points playing mostly away from Ovechkin and Backstrom.

I guess it was time to give him some praise after he had the game of his life.

Good performance all around.

Not just the numbers. It definitely passes the eye test too. He is very strong on the puck this year especially lately. He is cycling much better.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Not just the numbers. It definitely passes the eye test too. He is very strong on the puck this year especially lately. He is cycling much better.

He's bookending the season. Starting and finishing strong. The middle....eh, not so much. As long as he plays this way throughout the playoffs it'll be OK.

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
He's bookending the season. Starting and finishing strong. The middle....eh, not so much. As long as he plays this way throughout the playoffs it'll be OK.

Yeah for sure. But most players will struggle sometimes too. Pretty much you could say that about all our forwards outside of a few like Ovie and Backstrom.

MJ did struggle a good deal. Glad he turned it around.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Yeah for sure. But most players will struggle sometimes too. Pretty much you could say that about all our forwards outside of a few like Ovie and Backstrom.

MJ did struggle a good deal. Glad he turned it around.

I don't think it's any coincidence that much of it was when he was with Ovechkin. Many players tend to defer to #8 and either feed him the puck or stay out of his way. Think about how much Mojo has been on that top line the last few years. How much has that stunted his development?

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
I don't think it's any coincidence that much of it was when he was with Ovechkin. Many players tend to defer to #8 and either feed him the puck or stay out of his way. Think about how much Mojo has been on that top line the last few years. How much has that stunted his development?

Good point. He definitely is more assertive when away from Ovechkin.

Thats why a guy like Knuble always played good with star players. he just went to the net and created havok and had just enough skill to keep up.

SpinningEdge

Feb 12, 2015
Fairfax, VA
Not sure what was more painful.... Bostons feelings towards Holtby - or my morning.

Recently got back from the ER after having the worst pain of my life. They did a scan and I'm currently passing a pretty large kidney stone.

Not sure if anyone else has had this happen to them - but my god is it terrible. I hope this first one is my last.

Good news? Caps win and spinningedge gets lots of prescribed pain medicine!

artilector

Jan 11, 2006

Good point. He definitely is more assertive when away from Ovechkin.

Thats why a guy like Knuble always played good with star players. he just went to the net and created havok and had just enough skill to keep up.

Yeah..

Although, even without the Ovechkin burden, lol, Mojo has been quite inconsistent. He had a great early stint with Bura, then that fizzled. Even with current linemates his more active contribution is a very recent thing.

I dunno.. I guess I still don't really trust his game. IMO, maybe consider re-signing him if he takes a discount.. otherwise he's a trade piece.

At the same time, I guess at this point it might be hard to justify keeping Fehr over him. I like Fehr, but if the super 3rd line is gone.. I am not sure. I guess it should depend on what Fehr & Mojo show in playoffs..?

ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Great Dane! Love that Eller feller.
Oct 10, 2009
British Columbia, Canada
Not sure what was more painful.... Bostons feelings towards Holtby - or my morning.

Recently got back from the ER after having the worst pain of my life. They did a scan and I'm currently passing a pretty large kidney stone.

Not sure if anyone else has had this happen to them - but my god is it terrible. I hope this first one is my last.

Good news? Caps win and spinningedge gets lots of prescribed pain medicine!

Sorry to hear that you are going through that. Get better soon so you'll be in playoff shape. :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad