GDT: Boston vs Montreal - 7:30PM ET - SN/RDS/NBCSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plante

Devils Advocate
May 12, 2010
Anahim Lake
thesoapbar.ca
I want the team to win the cup, not only for the sake of winning it, but also because it would send half the Bruins fan base into an alcohol fuelled depression with no ground to rant on.

Winning/Losing to them at this point means nothing.... well it means something to the Bruins fans, so I guess the boys are obligated to take the two points.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
giphy.gif

raskbwahahaha.gif

Poke.gif

Braun

Apr 17, 2014
Montreal
I love how they keep bringing up the '93 cup to raise their spirits :laugh: And here's why it's stupid:

1) If you're going to keep telling us to "stop living in the past", don't do it yourselves and stop bringing up your last cup (2011 IS the past);
2) Between their last cup and the one before, Montreal has 7;
3) Soon your last cup will be as irrelevant as your team, as we're winning one in the very near future;
4) **** the Bruins.

You could of started and stopped at #4. No more explanation necessary.

Stjonnypopo

Rgesitreed Uesr
Jan 26, 2009
Mount Doom
When Boston plays Montreal, the fanbase goes insane. Half of them get depressed because they always lose and the other half hopes that our players get injured during the game.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Moen is God. Although this is just par for your course. ;)

Great job as usual.

5-2 Habs

Chucky, Ghetto, Patches, Subban x2
Patrice, Rat

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
If there ever was a game where the Bruins should win against the Habs it's tonight. No Price and Gallagher plus the other Habs regulars out and with the Bruins probably due for a win against the Habs I think the Bruins win tonight 4-1 (3 Bruins PP goals). Sorry guys. :(

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
I love how they keep bringing up the '93 cup to raise their spirits :laugh: And here's why it's stupid:

1) If you're going to keep telling us to "stop living in the past", don't do it yourselves and stop bringing up your last cup (2011 IS the past);
3) Soon your last cup will be as irrelevant as your team, as we're winning one in the very near future;
4) **** the Bruins.

Yeah... the 2011 chest-thumping thing is an embarrassment already. It's like claiming James Blunt is more relevant than Nirvana because Blunt's one hit happened more recently.

The Bruins are the James Blunt of the NHL.

MrNasty

Jun 13, 2007
Nova Scotia
Looking at their line-up and I can't help but think the game will go like every other game the last couple years. Bruins will run around trying to hurt and fight everyone and when the Habs don't bite and get under their skin the Bruins will get frustrated, take a bunch of penalties and lose.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
If there ever was a game where the Bruins should win against the Habs it's tonight. No Price and Gallagher plus the other Habs regulars out and with the Bruins probably due for a win against the Habs I think the Bruins win tonight 4-1 (3 Bruins PP goals). Sorry guys. :(

Hate to say it, but I agree. Can't win 'em all.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Yeah... the 2011 chest-thumping thing is an embarrassment already. It's like claiming James Blunt is more relevant than Nirvana because Blunt's one hit happened more recently.

:laugh: That's awesome.

You're beautiful LShap. It's true.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Hate to say it, but I agree. Can't win 'em all.

Add to that the Bruins have been great on the road this season and are playing some very good hockey despite losing their last game. Plus the Habs have been struggling to score the past 5 games (2 goals per game) and this game is setting up to be a loss.

Having said that the Habs usually step up against the Bruins though and play some very good hockey so hopefully Rask craps the bed against the Habs again and the Habs pull this one off. I'm still not feeling good about this game though but hopefully I'm very wrong.. :)

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
The Bruins are getting faster, and better, but they still have some rebuilding to do.
I agree, but I'm not looking that far ahead. The Bruins are catching the Habs at a vulnerable moment, when some key warriors. including the leading bear catcher, are wounded

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014

Let's not forget that we crushed their hopes and dreams so many times in the POs with a vastly inferior roster more often than not.

Chez Weber

King of the North
Jun 27, 2011
Montreal

4) **** the Bruins.

Amen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad