GDT: Boston Vs Carolina - Jan 28 @ 7:00 at Carolina

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pie O My

May 26, 2010
Shawmut Center
I don't know, you can argue both sides.

You have a good point, but also Carolina has always been a hard team for us with ward etc..

I wouldn't be shocked if khudobin got the start for Carolina, decisons decisons...

I really think Tuukka will start, also because its on the road in the Carolina game.
Then Khudobin at home vs NJ. We will see though.

i'd go Kudo/Rask/Rask. I think the sabres and devils will be more of a sore spot regarding playoff seeding and an early measurement of where things stand in our conference and division than the whale. So might as well play your #1 to see how you truly stack up.

Pie O My

May 26, 2010
Shawmut Center
i see the whale's pk ain't no great shakes...tied for 20th overall in the early going. Maybe just what the doctor ordered for our anemic PP perhaps?

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Good luck tonight guys, looking forward to seeing Khudobin if he is indeed the starter, haven't gotten a chance to see him play yet but he's been good in the NHL so far!

Roll 4 Lines

Pastafarian!
Nov 6, 2008
In The Midnight Hour
this was in the carolina GDT and made me laugh

tim-thomas-underground-crazy-end-of-the-world-collapse.jpg

Oooooh, boy, I hope he doesn't see his shadow!

:laugh:

MaCam

Oct 5, 2005
Eastern Mass
I hope it's Khudobin in net tonight. Looking forward to see how he plays, and if he can be relied upon in case Tuukka goes down.

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
Khudobin in, Quaider out.

Boston Bruins ‏@NHLBruins

Khudobin said he's felt fresh & is ready to get his first start; (has only started one game w/B's previously) still has same excitement^CS

Boston Bruins ‏@NHLBruins

With absence of McQuaid, Ference, Chara & Boychuk alternating D pairings at one end; Johnson, Seidenberg & Hamilton at the other...^CS

Paddington

Mar 8, 2011
Toronto
Антон Валерьевич Худобин will start tonight.

Has that been confirmed?

There are 2 schools of thought when approaching a back to back scenario.

1) Start your backup against what you perceive to be the weaker team and your #1 against the stronger team. I think the logic is pretty obvious.

2) Start your #1 against the weaker team so you can give yourself the best possible chance to secure at least 2pts and then take any points against the better team as a bonus.

Personally, I think the Bs should follow option #1. They are one of the best teams in the league and shouldn't have to worry about picking spots. If they have cup aspirations they know they need to beat the best anyway. I can see weaker teams going with option #2 becuase they are typically underdogs and need to strategically figure out how to maximize their point totals.

Therefore, I vote they go with Khudo tonight and Rask tomorrow. That gives him 3 days off between starts. Then, after Saturday vs the Leafs, he has another 3 days off before the Habs game.

Looking at the schedule, I expect to see Rask in a lot of games throughout February. They actually don't have THAT busy of a schedule. They don't really start playing every other day until the last week of Feb.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad