Status
Not open for further replies.

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport
Habs_zpsbcba0483.png~original

:bruins 18-7-2, 38 pts, 1st in Atlantic, 1st in East
:habs 15-9-3, 33 pts, T-2nd in Atlantic, T-3rd in East​

Two months into the season without even a sniff of a Boston/Montréal game, it's like the schedule makers decided to purposely test the mettle of this fanbase by placing an unforgiving 4-day break between the Columbus game and the first Habs/Bruins tilt. I suppose the team can use the days off but whatever. Montréal plays home and home games against the Devils before hosting the Bruins at the Bell Centre Jeudi soir. Seriously, the only time four years of high school French was worthwhile is any discussion I have regarding Les Habitants.

Goals: MaxPac, Gally, Pleks = 9
Assists: Pernell = 19
+/-: Markov: +13

We're so done with Columbus and that little non-story (cough, zoos). So get your Habs on here. GDT won't be up until at least Wednesday morning. I'm still percolating on it.

Habsfans_zpsf6b99f5b.jpg~original

Go.​

Last edited:

Confound

Vindication
Oct 28, 2010
Maine
Can't believe we haven't faced the Habs yet and it's already December.

Marchand vs Gallagher should be interesting, hopefully Marchand can keep his play up while trolling the **** outta the Habs.

bruinsfan001

Apr 2, 2010
Pittsburgh has 37 points to Bostons 38 points. I have a feeling they are going to jump ahead of Boston as they have more games next week, against weaker teams mind you. These next two games ahead are going to be huge games for the Bruins so they can maintain their position in 1st place.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
5 days of Pre Game talk??? Predicting this one turns by page 11, with the thread topic of Habs v B`s long replaced by more chatter about how Loui has disappointed so many and Kelly is ruining Smith and Soderberg:)

Anyways...go B`s:)

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Pittsburgh has 37 points to Bostons 38 points. I have a feeling they are going to jump ahead of Boston as they have more games next week, against weaker teams mind you. These next two games ahead are going to be huge games for the Bruins so they can maintain their position in 1st place.

Any game against the Habs is a kind of "must win" simply as I cannot stomach the fans after they win one and it`d be nice to see the boys play a far more engaged game against the Pens this time too but I`m not ready nor worried about maintaining a first place standing in December thus not ready to call the games "huge".

It`s always nice to see our boys up top of the standings, but I want to see that come game 82

bruinsfan001

Apr 2, 2010
5 days of Pre Game talk??? Predicting this one turns by page 11, with the thread topic of Habs v B`s long replaced by more chatter about how Loui has disappointed so many and Kelly is ruining Smith and Soderberg:)

I agree next week is going to drag with all this time off.

bruinsfan001

Apr 2, 2010
Any game against the Habs is a kind of "must win" simply as I cannot stomach the fans after they win one and it`d be nice to see the boys play a far more engaged game against the Pens this time too but I`m not ready nor worried about maintaining a first place standing in December thus not ready to call the games "huge".

It`s always nice to see our boys up top of the standings, but I want to see that come game 82

I don't know the loss to Detroit still has me feeling a little dissatisfied. I'd feel a lot better if the Bruins could bang out a little winning streak here over the next week. I think the most games they've won in a row so far has been 4, like to see them shoot for 5.

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport

Yep, although I guess it's technically 4 days. People will complain that there's no place to talk about it, or it's being talked about too many places, or that the GDT goes up too early, or too late, or that the sky is red, 2+2=5....

I gotta stand for something in this mad world.

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
I can't believe it's December 1st and we haven't seen the Habs (or Philly) yet this year.

Hope they practice the penalty kill a bunch this week and study the Habs' power play. Don't want to lose points when they get the last minute PP on an iffy call.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
I don't know the loss to Detroit still has me feeling a little dissatisfied. I'd feel a lot better if the Bruins could bang out a little winning streak here over the next week. I think the most games they've won in a row so far has been 4, like to see them shoot for 5.

Looks to me that the loss to Detroit was actually a good thing. The Bruins were getting a bit too comfy; getting smacked around was a helpful reminder that winning in this league is not a given. They've played some of their best hockey since.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Yep, although I guess it's technically 4 days. People will complain that there's no place to talk about it, or it's being talked about too many places, or that the GDT goes up too early, or too late, or that the sky is red, 2+2=5....

I gotta stand for something in this mad world.

Hope my comment wasn`t one that appeared as though I was complaining about an nice early GDT, cuz I love all hockey talk, and usually, the Habs chat is always a guaranteed gut buster....but as I stated, this one`ll get fugly fast.

How long til the first comment about Hab fans/politicians notifying the authorities ala Patches being smuckered by Z appears???:laugh:

Hey, I guess I`m the first to mention it...............all aboard:yo:

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Looks to me that the loss to Detroit was actually a good thing. The Bruins were getting a bit too comfy; getting smacked around was a helpful reminder that winning in this league is not a given. They've played some of their best hockey since.

Yep, nice solid response, I prefer theirs to the one the Leafs have seemed to have after they were thoroughly embarrassed by the Jackets on home ice by two field goals:laugh:

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport
Hope my comment wasn`t one that appeared as though I was complaining about an nice early GDT, cuz I love all hockey talk, and usually, the Habs chat is always a guaranteed gut buster....but as I stated, this one`ll get fugly fast.

How long til the first comment about Hab fans/politicians notifying the authorities ala Patches being smuckered by Z appears???:laugh:

Hey, I guess I`m the first to mention it...............all aboard:yo:

No, nooooo. You're aces in my book. Was just a general observation. It's just that I was pondering a theme for the GDT with the morning joe and it occurred to me I have four freaking days to come up with something. I have some hope that after a reasonably successful (Detroit excluded, tho that may be reaping some rewards in it's own way) week that people will feel somewhat compelled to be forward-thinking about this team and save the dregs for the "player discussion" threads. Call me a pragmatic optimist. :laugh:

If it gets ugly, I'll just come in and start punching people in the neck. In a virtual sense, of course.

Out of sight, out of mind with the Habs though...I seem to remember them struggling to start the season but by all appearances have righted the ship. I want to play close attention to that NYR/MTL game on Monday night; a good comparable considering the Bruins playing very recently.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
No, nooooo. You're aces in my book. Was just a general observation. It's just that I was pondering a theme for the GDT with the morning joe and it occurred to me I have four freaking days to come up with something. I have some hope that after a reasonably successful (Detroit excluded, tho that may be reaping some rewards in it's own way) week that people will feel somewhat compelled to be forward-thinking about this team and save the dregs for the "player discussion" threads. Call me a pragmatic optimist. :laugh:

If it gets ugly, I'll just come in and start punching people in the neck. In a virtual sense, of course.

Out of sight, out of mind with the Habs though...I seem to remember them struggling to start the season but by all appearances have righted the ship. I want to play close attention to that NYR/MTL game on Monday night; a good comparable considering the Bruins playing very recently.

We need Dafoomie (where is he??) to compile the hours of clips of Hab fans rioting in the streets post a round 1 win, various media clips of Management/Ownership bringing forth charges against Z etc....

If your giving virtual shots...I`d go body blows followed by a nice solid uppercut;)

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
I don't much care what's going on with the Pens-they are in the crappiat division in the NHL and can feast on all those crap teams.

I just want the Bruins to stay atop the Atlantic.

It is weird that it's December and no Habs yet.

I haven't really seen too many Habs games this season-they seem kind of hit or miss but Bruins/Habs are always huge games and the Bruins need to take advantage of this rest and come out hard against the Habs.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
I wish I could go to this one, but Ill be at my work holiday party in the old port. Hopefully they have the game on so I can watch and cheer on the Bruins in front of my PQ coworkers. Otherwise the DVR will have to be sufficient.

Braunbaer

May 21, 2012
Last time we had 4 days off while the Habs still had to play 2 games we didn't come to play.
I hope this one will turn out differently.

Confound

Vindication
Oct 28, 2010
Maine
Sit Quiader and put Bart in for the game, need more mobility on the backend against a team like MTL, it's crucial.

11MilesPerJohan

@BeingAHumanBean
Nov 8, 2011
McLean Hospital
I'm not overly concerned about the Bruins remaining in 1st place overall in the East. Assuming they're on their game entering the playoffs, they've proven that they can beat anyone, home ice advantage or not. They just need to maintain a high level of play, stay relatively healthy, and qualify for the tourney.

Flannelman

Quiet, Gnashgab.
Dec 3, 2006
been circled on the calendar for a bit. smart, sustain that first 10 minutes of high-octane they'll bring. bring a simple, smart and hard game. dump, win board battles. don't let them breathe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad