Speculation: Boston looking to move Urho Vaakanainen

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Wouldn't the departure of Krug and possible departure of Chara open up employment opportunities for someone like Vaakanainen?

Yes, but both Zboril and Lauzon are ahead of him on the kids depth chart. Vaakaneinen is younger and is the better prospect (but in no way guaranteed to be better than Zboril or whatever), but he doesn't have to pass waivers and so he has to seriously outperform Zboril/Lauzon to get that spot.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Could be DeBrusk and Carlo along with a 2022 1rst round pick and Laine comes the other way.

Personally I would be open to such a base for a Laine trade and even possible add to both sides to fill various needs on both teams as required.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
I have too disagree ,this deal actually weakens the Bruins. Who is going to replace Carlo ? Laine would be a nice add but not at that cost, sorry just doesn't work for me , and first on top of it all and I am not against moving picks for a Laine type player....

Reactions: The Hockey Tonk Man

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
How did you guys sniff him out the second time (and the first time for that matter - was his name Jimmy Murphy on here?)

Also, other than being a blogger, was he a media person before that? He gives me really big Jeff Veillette vibes (the Leafs equivalent of this donkey).

Murphy definitely has contacts around the Boston media but often pulls shit out of his ass, making him the Boston version of Eklund. He once called a Bergeron for Pronger trade having been agreed upon and " imminent ". He started a rumor that Kessel had a drug or drinking problem keeping him out of the lineup when it was cancer treatment. I think I was the first one here to call him out for his BS and others started to follow suit. He was not a liked source during his time on the Bruins board.

In recent years, he's made a fool of himself, coming back under a different name to talk shit to the mods and the rest of the fanbase, trying to show an air of superiority. He was routinely stealing info from one of our trusted insiders and using that info as his own on twitter. Speaking of Twitter, a couple of Boston fans over there purposely started an outlandish rumor just to see if Murph would pick it up and sure enough, he did, claiming " an inside source told me... ".

But, as I've said, he does have legit contacts within the Boston hockey world and media, which for whatever reason, think he's worthy enough to keep him employed, which I don't know if that says more about Boston media ( which is trash ) or Murphy ( who also is trash ). If I ever do run into him, I would happily give him the fight he's been asking for all these years.

The unfortunate side effect to the board running Murphy out was that some of the Boston media that were legit ( Kevin Paul Dupoint, Dale Arnold to name two off the top of my head ) and who would post on the board also left, or started to post less and less until they no longer did. I don't think they liked the power that we had where we could call out a guy for not backing his claims or asking him to tone down the " well, an inside source told me.. " rhetoric.

Last edited:

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
I don't understand why a team would want to pay Pasta and Laine when only one of them can be in the Ovi spot on the power play.

Fair point of course, I think only way it makes any sense is if Boston lands a RHD (Pionk or someone else) and Pasta/Laine likely plays in a different position on PP1. Likely not worth having both if you have them on separate lines and on both PP lines.....just not enough ice time & pucks to shoot for that kind of salaries. IMO

I’ll say this, if the Jets land Carlo, they aren’t going into expansion to lose one of Josh, DeMelo, Carlo or Pionk. Plus makes no sense playing one of those three RHD all season on the third pairing. So if the Jets landed Carlo, Pionk is going to be traded. IMO

I’m not advocating the trade, just trying to see how it might work

Reactions: wintersej

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Murphy definitely has contacts around the Boston media but often pulls shit out of his ass, making him the Boston version of Eklund. He once called a Bergeron for Pronger trade having been agreed upon and " imminent ". He started a rumor that Kessel had a drug or drinking problem keeping him out of the lineup when it was cancer treatment. I think I was the first one here to call him out for his BS and others started to follow suit. He was not a liked source during his time on the Bruins board.

In recent years, he's made a fool of himself, coming back under a different name to talk shit to the mods and the rest of the fanbase, trying to show an air of superiority. He was routinely stealing info from one of our trusted insiders and using that info as his own on twitter. Speaking of Twitter, a couple of Boston fans over there purposely started an outlandish rumor just to see if Murph would pick it up and sure enough, he did, claiming " an inside source told me... ".

But, as I've said, he does have legit contacts within the Boston hockey world and media, which for whatever reason, think he's worthy enough to keep him employed, which I don't know if that says more about Boston media ( which is trash ) or Murphy ( who also is trash ). If I ever do run into him, I would happily give him the fight he's been asking for all these years.

The unfortunate side effect to the board running Murphy out was that some of the Boston media that were legit ( Kevin Paul Dupoint, Dale Arnold to name two off the top of my head ) and who would post on the board also left, or started to post less and less until they no longer did. I don't think they liked the power that we had where we could call out a guy for not backing his claims or asking him to tone down the " well, an inside source told me.. " rhetoric.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
You can call DuPont and Arnold legit if you want but I prefer "bum kisses"......

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
If there's any legitimacy to this rumor, it likely makes sense that Palmieri to Boston was rumored a bit around deadline time.

He would've been what the Devils were looking for in a Palmieri deal, but I would imagine the Devils wanted the + to be a first round pick minimum.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
If there's any legitimacy to this rumor, it likely makes sense that Palmieri to Boston was rumored a bit around deadline time.

He would've been what the Devils were looking for in a Palmieri deal, but I would imagine the Devils wanted the + to be a first round pick minimum.

Bruins have given up their 1st in two of last three years. They won’t make it 3 in 4. Regardless, Bruins have generally stayed away from the rental market and have favored guys with term...hence them chasing last season.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Palmieri would be a nice player in Boston but not at the expense of a first especially for a rental.....

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Because they already have two other rookie LD they want to break in (in Zboril and Lauzon) and Vaakaneinen has the most trade value for them to help the roster today.

I don't immediately see Rangers as a match as after Lindgren there is closer to ready K'Andre Miller [who I see not def but likely sitting him til next yr], along w/Reunanen who is emerging, and I haven't given up on the mishandled Hajek.
That said, while pivot remains a higher priority despite my being bullish on Chytil, Barron and Kravtsov, your guy is worth a look see at the right price, which for us would be a package w/something around Strome or Buch as main component. Open to suggestion but like our current prospects overall and would not want to trade down on our bluest blue chips.

My one prerequisite ? is if this guy is exp dr exempt or has to be protected?

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
I don't immediately see Rangers as a match as after Lindgren there is closer to ready K'Andre Miller [who I see not def but likely sitting him til next yr], along w/Reunanen who is emerging, and I haven't given up on the mishandled Hajek.
That said, while pivot remains a higher priority despite my being bullish on Chytil, Barron and Kravtsov, your guy is worth a look see at the right price, which for us would be a package w/something around Strome or Buch as main component. Open to suggestion but like our current prospects overall and would not want to trade down on our bluest blue chips.

My one prerequisite ? is if this guy is exp dr exempt or has to be protected?

He is exempt, but just don’t see a match between the clubs. Bruins should be looking for a more veteran LD that would make exposing Gryz worth it.

Reactions: bernmeister

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
He is exempt, but just don’t see a match between the clubs. Bruins should be looking for a more veteran LD that would make exposing Gryz worth it.

I agree, first impression is no match.
Only exception would be if you had interest and NY would consider moving Lindgren. He is immediately elc cheap, reliable, plays with heart. He does, however, require protection.
Ranger interest would be to swap LDs and walk away with saving a protection slot, one that would ensure we do not lose our investment to date in Hajek. A 2nd rounder [49OA] selected by you guys, but proven to cut the mustard, at least to his basic stay at home game vs an 18OA but unproven seems at least somewhat balanced. Lindgren is not Chara but should Z wanna retire soon, this is a young replacement who specializes in that area.

However, balance aside, Trouba is the only other guy on the Rangers roster who actually is pronounced at clearing the crease.
Otherwise setting this aside for possible discussion, NY would have to be comfortable it could expect K'AM to likely make the team following this season.

The other consideration is what would Lindgren and Vaakanein get in separate deals? Would each club get more on the market that way?

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
I agree, first impression is no match.
Only exception would be if you had interest and NY would consider moving Lindgren. He is immediately elc cheap, reliable, plays with heart. He does, however, require protection.
Ranger interest would be to swap LDs and walk away with saving a protection slot, one that would ensure we do not lose our investment to date in Hajek. A 2nd rounder [49OA] selected by you guys, but proven to cut the mustard, at least to his basic stay at home game vs an 18OA but unproven seems at least somewhat balanced. Lindgren is not Chara but should Z wanna retire soon, this is a young replacement who specializes in that area.

However, balance aside, Trouba is the only other guy on the Rangers roster who actually is pronounced at clearing the crease.
Otherwise setting this aside for possible discussion, NY would have to be comfortable it could expect K'AM to likely make the team following this season.

The other consideration is what would Lindgren and Vaakanein get in separate deals? Would each club get more on the market that way?

They moved Lindgren because they liked Lauzon more. Same kinda guy. I know that Lindgren has gotten the opportunity in NY and has played well, but that isn’t a guy that I would think the team would think would be worth exposing Gryz over.

usekakkorightquinn

Oct 18, 2019
They're looking to move him because they don't think he's very good. I would be wary of any Bruins prospect. They draft poorly which is why they are a one line team. If not for the Pastrnak and Marchand picks, they would have been a bad hockey club for the last 5 years.

kthx

Bedard to Bruins 2023
Apr 24, 2019
They're looking to move him because they don't think he's very good. I would be wary of any Bruins prospect. They draft poorly which is why they are a one line team. If not for the Pastrnak and Marchand picks, they would have been a bad hockey club for the last 5 years.

I mean yeah Hamilton, Seguin, Pastrnak, Marchand, Krejci, Carlo, McAvoy and Bergeron are all pretty horrible.

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact coming my way!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland

... then you woke up, looked up the Bruins and realized that as a club they never missed the playoffs for more than two seasons in a row for the past 50+ years.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC

Swing and a miss !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wrong-gif.gif

danpantz

Mar 31, 2013

Exactly if you take away the good players and the good draft picks they've made they aren't good at drafting and aren't a good team.

:damnpc:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad