Speculation: Boston looking to move Urho Vaakanainen

Funk21

Mar 6, 2013
Toronto
Could be DeBrusk and Carlo along with a 2022 1rst round pick and Laine comes the other way.

This is a interesting proposal, I think that the Jets would be interested. But there would likely have to be a pick coming back. Like a second. Laine is an elite goal scorer and Debrusk has be okay and Carlo is a second pairing guy by all accounts.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Before my time, but my understanding is that he was just a poster on HFBoards who would make stuff up as a stepping stone to his current career and that he didn't act great to mods or other posters when called out for making stuff up.
It’s magic when Jimmy “thin skins” Murphy on rare occasion still shows up. Typical posts from Murphy go something like this:

“Bullshit, bullshit, bullshit. Slainte”

Then he gets callled out on it. And replies with something like this:

“Angry bullshit. Don’t you know who I am? You peons know nothing”

Depending on just how angry he is, the second post might or might not get the Slainte tacked on.

Poor Jimmy, desperately wanting to be the real deal, yet not quite that. His LinkedIn page lists 17 years of hockey writing AND 4 years of bartending!:laugh::laugh::laugh:

It comes across like old Old Murph would like to be seen as some sort of first generation Irish immigrant who tend their tavern and while washing a glass, tell yer a wee tale or too about the inside story that Bruins management just can’t resist spilling to the charming lad who owns an old Irish watering hole in Quincy Market — or better yet Southie.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Eklund's custom tag here exists mostly so people can avoid having to deal with his nonsense.
Still, it’s at a minimum very confusing why some proven unreliable sources are banned, but a clear exception seems to be made for Elkund, regardless of how long and how consistently unreliable he’s proven to be.

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
This is a interesting proposal, I think that the Jets would be interested. But there would likely have to be a pick coming back. Like a second. Laine is an elite goal scorer and Debrusk has be okay and Carlo is a second pairing guy by all accounts.
Paul Maurice has killed Patrik Laine's reputation as an elite goal scorer. His trade value is not based on him as a goal scorer. It is based on him as a good offensive forward.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA

Laine for Carlo, Debrusk, and a 1st (or 2nd) is horrible for the Bruins.

Selling low on a player doesn't lead to a premium.

Riley 88

Jan 24, 2020
I would love to trade Carlo.......But DeBrusk and Carlo are an over payment for Laine. Carlo, Bjork and a number 2 is fair for Laine.

Then trade DeBrusk and Zboril plus a one for OEL.....

March-Bergie Pasta
Laine Krejci-Smith
Kase--Coyle- Studnika
Walker-Kuraly-Sandstrom
Ritchie

McAvoy, Louzan
Vaak, OEL,
Gryz Chara
Miller Moore Clifton..........

Thats a Dangerous team,

Last edited:
Reactions: Husqvarna

bb_fan

Feb 27, 2002
boston
Visit site
I would love to trade Carlo.......But DeBrusk and Carlo are an over payment for Laine. Carlo, Bjork and a number 2 is fair for Laine.

Then trade DeBrusk and Zboril plus

March-Bergie Pasta
Laine Krejci-Smith
Kase--Coyle- Studnika
Walker-Kuraly-Sandstrom
Ritchie

McAvoy, Louzan
Vaak, OEL,
Gryz Chara

Thats a Dangerous team,

Bo its not.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018

March-Bergie Pasta
Laine Krejci-Smith
Kase--Coyle- Studnika
Walker-Kuraly-Sandstrom
Ritchie

McAvoy, Louzan
Vaak, OEL,
Gryz Chara

Thats a Dangerous team,
Why are in love with the idea of trading Carlo ? OEL contract is dumb to take on trading two young productive players for OEL make no sense at all...............I am not saying they are untouchable , but I like to make a deal to improve my team that deal does not.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
it simply aint going to make any sense at all for boston to be setting aside cap space for laine. theres only room for 1 pure shooter on a good pp unit. theres only room for 1 pure shooter on a good top line in this nhl

pastrnak is at worst the equal of laine and already in boston.

im not saying laine sucks... or he wouldnt be a great fit for 20-25 teams out there... but boston has other needs they must spend their available cap room on before searching out some 1 dimensional shooting winger.

as for vaakanainen being shopped... lets look at the logic of that

i think its safe to say boston is pretty happy with mcavoy/carlo penciled in as the top 2 right hand shot dmen. theres some offense... some size... some heart... and the cost might be managable

then comes the question who fits along side them?

grezlyck is going to get an audition... but does he score enough to make up for his lack of size? as a stop gap i see why he will get his chance but my gut says hes vulnurable to lose his spot if someone else comes along

lauzon showed alot of stuff bruin fans love to see last year... grit and size is his stength... does that make him more of a bottom pair guy? will he satisfy anyone pushed into service as a top 4? my gut says he could be the one made available in a trade if we are trading any younguns because we are loaded with bottom pair options.

zboril is the kid that has the rep for slow development... but the tools that made him a consenus top rounder are still there. and he has been coachable. he has been improving. he is about to get his chance so we shall see what is what.

in reality... these 3 guys might be enough to block vaakanainen. if everything works out for them, vaakainen might become the logical trade target. but it hasnt happened yet

we got some other interesting names that figure to try to compete. a little offensive wiz in ahcan that might rise up quick. a big leadership beast in wolfe. i think these guys are more likely bottom pair options so that brings me back to the idea that lauzon might be the logical guy to move

we need to see how kevan miller stays healthy... if he is healthy he holds down the 3rd right hand spot. clifton is an energy guy that wont hold his regular job if theres better options but is ideally set up to be a 7th dman

if someone throws us a legit top 4 lhs dman and demands vaakanainen back i could see it happen... but then theres the question of cap management and the covid slow down in the economy

i dont see any legs to this rumor/story at all other than hockey writers have little to write about now and need to justify their salaries. i wish something sexy was going on but the bruins have basically made their decesions

the one last question before camp is whether chara is coming back or not

Reactions: wintersej

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be

March-Bergie Pasta
Laine Krejci-Smith
Kase--Coyle- Studnika
Walker-Kuraly-Sandstrom
Ritchie

McAvoy, Louzan
Vaak, OEL,
Gryz Chara

Thats a Dangerous team,

Who are Walker and Sandstrom?

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Have to believe his name came up during the OEL talks.

I’m sure the Bruins would have moved him. Word is that they wanted Studnicka which the Bruins can’t do with the age of Bergeron/Krejci.

edit: didn’t see you were a yotes fan and probably already knew that

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad